Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 02:21 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times

Advertisements

Have to look at your losses also. PSU had 2 bad losses, one by 39 points. You can't take them over another conference winner who's only loss was against a very good USC team (which will destroy PSU in Rose Bowl)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 03:14 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
My criteria:

1. Eye Test
2. Conference champs
3. How ya finish
4. Head to head
5. Schedule

Based on that, Penn State should have been in! With that said, oh well....!

Old 12-04-2016, 04:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
I don't care...I got my tickets !!! :-)

Old 12-04-2016, 04:26 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I don't care...I got my tickets !!! :-)
Which game are you going to?

Old 12-04-2016, 05:02 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
<<The Buckeyes were a mildly controversial inclusion, but only to the Honor Thy Conference Champion dinosaurs still roaming the earth...

The committee chose a non-champion (Ohio State) because it was definitive that the Buckeyes had a top-four résumé and the best résumé in the best conference, the Big Ten. Yes, Ohio State lost to Penn State in State College, Pa. On a neutral field, the Buckeyes almost certainly would be favored in a rematch. And Ohio State has both one fewer loss and more good wins than the Nittany Lions – for instance, they beat Michigan, a team that walloped Penn State by 39 points.>>

College Football Playoff committee got it right this time, but there's still room for improvement

Penn State made it to the Big Ten championship game because of the head-to-head tie breaker. The play-off committee should rightfully give that little weight when Ohio State beat Michigan, which clobbered Penn State. Ohio State also handily beat Oklahoma at Oklahoma. Penn State has no victory such as the latter on its resume.

Ohio State lost on the road to Penn State in bad weather, with some fluke plays and one egregious no-call that arguably decided the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRyvHUiX4wo

Old 12-04-2016, 05:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Which game are you going to?
The BCS

Old 12-04-2016, 06:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
So the question really is where is the deciding weight put? Who has the perceived best record or who is the perceived best playing right now?

Honestly I think it is a lose win, lose but win situation. Rose Bowl is where it is at, and many viewers believe the Rose Bowl actually IS the championship. Having one's team number one or seeing them live at the Rose Bowl...I'd lean towards Rose Sometimes it is more about the atmosphere, energy, tradition, and memories than a mere statistic.

Cotton Bowl tickets staring at $6...lol Wisconsin I'm sorry, I'll stop.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:31 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
So the question really is where is the deciding weight put? Who has the perceived best record or who is the perceived best playing right now?

Honestly I think it is a lose win, lose but win situation. Rose Bowl is where it is at, and many viewers believe the Rose Bowl actually IS the championship. Having one's team number one or seeing them live at the Rose Bowl...I'd lean towards Rose Sometimes it is more about the atmosphere, energy, tradition, and memories than a mere statistic.

Cotton Bowl tickets staring at $6...lol Wisconsin I'm sorry, I'll stop.
I am of the opinion the National Title game should always be played in Pasadena - such a fantastic venue and the Rose Bowl is the only bowl game, aside from the National Title game, that always sells out. The only time the game didn't sellout was in 2003 when Oklahoma and Washington State played and they still managed to sell over 85,000 tickets.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:33 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
I got the top 4 teams RIGHT!

Alabama
clemson
ohio state
washington

so who's gonna be the winner ohio state or clemson is the match up of the year!!

Winner plays alabama(washington gonna get blown out!!)

Old 12-05-2016, 07:49 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Default Eight team play-off proposal

What college football needs to do to make an eight-team playoff a reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football