U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 02:56 PM

578 posts, read 331,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
At Clemson, we love statements like this - makes the victories taste that much sweeter. Also reminds me of what we heard out of the Sooner fans last year (and the year before).
I dont get it why people doubt clemson didnt they see last year how clemson outplayed alabama and bama won by a lucky side kick!

And sooners well they got spanked!!

They forget clemson with watson as starter only lost three games!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 02:57 PM

578 posts, read 331,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
We are glad to see some newcomers like Ohio State and Washington.
Clemson's defense may prevent them from winning the title.

I think Alabama's defense and experience will give them the title.
ohio state beat up bama last time

and last year's finals clemson outplayed bama,bama won by a lucky side kick!!

Old 12-05-2016, 03:01 PM

4,315 posts, read 2,533,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Washington is a joke

EVERY TEAM in the playoffs only lost be a field goal or 1 point

washington lost by 13!!!

And bama crushed usc!!!

Washington doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs!!!

They faced NOBODY challening!!

And dude clemson almost beat bama last year did you forget?

Clemson also beat ohio state in 2014 bowl game!

clemson is ranked #2 for a reason!

penn state or michigan or heck oklahoma should be in the #4 stop!

not lil ol washington who cant beat usc!!
No 2 loss team should ever be in a 4 team playoff.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:02 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,539,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
and michigan state was ranked 8th when wisconsin beat them.
Should the badgers get credit for beating a top 10 team?
How did MSU end up?

Old 12-05-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Washington is a joke

EVERY TEAM in the playoffs only lost be a field goal or 1 point

washington lost by 13!!!

And bama crushed usc!!!

Washington doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs!!!

They faced NOBODY challening!!

And dude clemson almost beat bama last year did you forget?

Clemson also beat ohio state in 2014 bowl game!

clemson is ranked #2 for a reason!

penn state or michigan or heck oklahoma should be in the #4 stop!

not lil ol washington who cant beat usc!!
In one post you say all teams in top four lost by 3 points except for UW. Now you say Penn St deserves to be in when they lost by 39 points. You flip more than a politician.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I wasn't arguing, just saying that it is a FACT that Washington didn't beat a team who finished in the Top 10. Colorado is 11, so yeah it's kind of splitting hairs, but you essentially agree with my overall point which you stated in your first paragraph below.
That kind of happens when the #8 team gets throttled by 31 points. If UW had won by 7 points thus having Colorado only drop one spot due to a close game would that have made UW's resume look better. NO

I think it looks a lot better when the #4 teams throttles the #8 team by 31 dropping the #8 team out of top 10. This just makes the #4 look a lot better.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
At Clemson, we love statements like this - makes the victories taste that much sweeter. Also reminds me of what we heard out of the Sooner fans last year (and the year before).
Remind me when the last time Clemson won a National Championship. Heck Washington and Colorado have more recent footbal national championships. Just sayin'. No trophy for second place.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Oklahoma doesn't lay an egg vs. Houston they are in ahead of Washington.
Same with Penn St. vs Pitt.
Same with Michigan vs Iowa.
Oklahoma is a non-starter and not in the discussion. Yes, it's one thing to schedule tough non-con opponents. But someone remind them that they have to actually win some of these games.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:15 PM

447 posts, read 473,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Remind me when the last time Clemson won a National Championship. Heck Washington and Colorado have more recent footbal national championships. Just sayin'. No trophy for second place.

Clemson's only National Championship occurred a few decades back, same as Washington's and Colorado's - what's your point? My point was that those who laugh at "little 'ole Clemson" and say that we will get blown out by *fill in the blank here* usually wind up eating crow (recent examples include Oklahoma - twice, Ohio State, and LSU). From your comments, I'm guessing you're a Washington fan (or at least a Pac 12 guy). If so, your team got in so relax and enjoy the ride. Perhaps our teams will meet in Tampa and we can see who really deserved that #2 seed...

Old 12-07-2016, 12:57 PM

28,272 posts, read 26,286,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
It is a great matchup.

Ohio St. needs to execute better on offense. 75% of it is on the offensive coordinator and 25% is on JT Barrett. Clemson will give OSU an opportunity to get it going again on offense.

Clemson needs to execute better on defense. They allowed some points and yards this season to offensives that are nowhere near the level the Tigers will see the next two games.

I'm taking OSU 34-24.

I think OSU has the DBs to matchup with Clemson and the LBs (speed and athleticism)to spy and keep Watson from going wild on the ground. Watson can win this but I think it will take his best game - its not going to be easy he will face two first round corners and a couple LBers that are top of the draft types.

Now I think Alabama has to maintain status quo and they win it all although I'm curious to see Hurts against an opportunistic Buckeye defense.
OSU-Clemson is obviously the toughest of the semifinal games to call. I think OSU has been more consistent than Clemson this season, but Clemson is the more dangerous team when they are on. They've clearly got more talent/firepower on the offensive end.

OSU has, imo, a pretty clear coaching advantage. We saw how a well-executed game plan took down Alabama a couple of years back. Dabo Swinney seems to be a great recruiter, but I'm not sure he has the best football mind. He's sort of like UNC's Dean Smith in that sense. It's hard to bet against an Urban Meyer team in this matchup.

But...Clemson did toast Alabama's defense for three solid quarters last year. Alabama's defense last season was far superior to OSU's defense this season, so this won't be the fiercest test their offensive line has ever faced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or