U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 03:55 PM

578 posts, read 331,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
In one post you say all teams in top four lost by 3 points except for UW. Now you say Penn St deserves to be in when they lost by 39 points. You flip more than a politician.
Penn state lost to a good michigan team,uw lost to a medicore team!

And if you paid attention i said i'd rather have penn state in playoffs then washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Remind me when the last time Clemson won a National Championship. Heck Washington and Colorado have more recent footbal national championships. Just sayin'. No trophy for second place.
when is the last time washington been in the championship?

Clemson has won back to back conference champions!

And last year they outplayed alabama!!

they lost by a on side kick 45-40!

Now when washington plays alabama lets see how close they will get,when in reality washington is gonna get blown out and be embarassed on national tv!

Old 12-07-2016, 04:00 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,855,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Penn state lost to a good michigan team,uw lost to a medicore team!

And if you paid attention i said i'd rather have penn state in playoffs then washington
What will you say when that "mediocre team" kicks the snot out of Penn St. in the Rose?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
No 2 loss team should ever be in a 4 team playoff.
True just like a one loss team that looses by 10 shouldn't be their cough cough washington

Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
OSU-Clemson is obviously the toughest of the semifinal games to call. I think OSU has been more consistent than Clemson this season, but Clemson is the more dangerous team when they are on. They've clearly got more talent/firepower on the offensive end.

OSU has, imo, a pretty clear coaching advantage. We saw how a well-executed game plan took down Alabama a couple of years back. Dabo Swinney seems to be a great recruiter, but I'm not sure he has the best football mind. He's sort of like UNC's Dean Smith in that sense. It's hard to bet against an Urban Meyer team in this matchup.

But...Clemson did toast Alabama's defense for three solid quarters last year. Alabama's defense last season was far superior to OSU's defense this season, so this won't be the fiercest test their offensive line has ever faced.
Last time(about few bowl games ago)clemson BEAT ohio state!

urban meyer is 0-1 against dabo swinney!

Old 12-07-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
What will you say when that "mediocre team" kicks the snot out of Penn St. in the Rose?
penn state is another medicore team just better resume then washington!

and if that medicore team wins(highly doubt it) it will only prove usc is better then washington and can beat medicore teams(usc got crushed by bama by the way).

Old 12-08-2016, 07:46 AM

638 posts, read 714,224 times
OSU will beat Clemson

Alabama will destroy UW

then OSU vs Alabama, Alabama will win

you heard it here first folks. This isn't hard to predict though.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:53 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,781,508 times
Quote:
Last time(about few bowl games ago)clemson BEAT ohio state!

urban meyer is 0-1 against dabo swinney!
I wouldn't read a lot into that game.

Braxton Miller played a majority of the game with a torn shoulder and Clemson had some top of the 1st round pass rushers. OSU essentially lost on muffed punt.

The "rematch" should be good.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:00 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,781,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
OSU-Clemson is obviously the toughest of the semifinal games to call. I think OSU has been more consistent than Clemson this season, but Clemson is the more dangerous team when they are on. They've clearly got more talent/firepower on the offensive end.

OSU has, imo, a pretty clear coaching advantage. We saw how a well-executed game plan took down Alabama a couple of years back. Dabo Swinney seems to be a great recruiter, but I'm not sure he has the best football mind. He's sort of like UNC's Dean Smith in that sense. It's hard to bet against an Urban Meyer team in this matchup.

But...Clemson did toast Alabama's defense for three solid quarters last year. Alabama's defense last season was far superior to OSU's defense this season, so this won't be the fiercest test their offensive line has ever faced.
Where have you been????

I agree with most of this...but I don't think you will find ANY defense that is "far superior" to OSU's D this season. You have three guys that will could be drafted in the 1st round in the secondary and you have a GREAT LB corp some 4.4-4.5 speed type stuff. Folks talk about Raekwon and Jerome Baker, but Chris Worley is going to be all over Watson if decides to run. The back 7 will be the toughest Watson has faced. And I think a couple of them could be All-Purpose Guys (Hooker, Lattimore) but OSU has talent on offense. They will score if they get the ball.

The Dline is the "weakness" even there you have a couple nice run stuffers that have emerged and some athletic ends and true frosh Joey Bosa's little brother who plays half the snaps but has put up nice numbers. They rotate 7 guys with no drop off.

Also nice to know you have Greg Schiano running the unit.

Watson is going to have to be sharp for Clemson to win. I honestly think he will have to play his best game yet. If Clemson comes out thinking they will dial up the pass 40 times they will lose- they will need to lean on their run game to win.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:22 AM

4,445 posts, read 3,537,954 times
Quote:
True just like a one loss team that looses by 10 shouldn't be their cough cough washington
Better than a 2 loss team that lost by 39 (Yes 39). Let that sink in a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or