U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 07:00 PM

578 posts, read 331,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
That's all that matters, the truth.
So you agree that washington shouldn't be in playoffs?

I knew we would agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 07:36 AM

4,445 posts, read 3,546,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
loosing by 3 points?

How about loosing by double digits??

And having weakest schedule???

Cough Washington
Also, don't forget you needed a prayer missed FG from a weak 6-6 NC State team to force the game into overtime. That is not being good, just lucky.

Again, come to me if/when Clemson wins it all.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:57 AM

578 posts, read 331,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Also, don't forget you needed a prayer missed FG from a weak 6-6 NC State team to force the game into overtime. That is not being good, just lucky.

Again, come to me if/when Clemson wins it all.
What has washington done?

They lost to a pathetic team by double digits!

As for clemson well they keep winning and oh yeah they out played bama last year lost by a onside kick!

When washington plays bama,we know its a blow out!!

Old 12-13-2016, 10:48 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,858,176 times
You two are going to be put in timeout for recess if you can't play more nicely.

Too bad Washington isn't playing Clemson...

Old 12-13-2016, 10:57 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,858,176 times
Also, when your team lost to 8-4 Pittsburgh, it seems silly to call USC a "pathetic team".

USC would trounce Pitt by three touchdowns or better.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 AM

4,445 posts, read 3,546,238 times
Quote:

As for clemson well they keep winning and oh yeah they out played bama last year lost by a onside kick!

Someone didn't watch the full college football season if they are calling USC pathetic. Sure, they got throttled by Alabama first game of the year. No excuses. But watch their body of work and how they improved throughout the year.

USC has a roster of players that are going to play at the next level. Not so sure about Pittsburgh.

And you keep harping back to last year. Two points: 1) It was last year, 2) You lost the game. No trophies for second place.

Just watch USC throttle Penn St in the Rose Bowl.

A team losing to a bad 4 loss team and needing a miracle miss FG by another bad 6-6 team shouldn't be so overconfident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Also, when your team lost to 8-4 Pittsburgh, it seems silly to call USC a "pathetic team".

USC would trounce Pitt by three touchdowns or better.
No doubt

Old 12-13-2016, 11:37 AM

2,841 posts, read 1,785,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm not even sure Ohio State's defense is even better than Clemson's defense little less Alabama's defense last season. This may in fact be the toughest defense Watson has faced this season, but I don't think it will be the toughest test he will have faced in his college career.

Watson needing to be sharp is a given.
I'm actually very sure that OSU's defense is better than Clemson's D. They've scored 6 defensive TDs and are near the top in EVERY defensive category.
I think OSU is confident in their personnel more so than 2016 Clemson Opponents have been confident.
They will play tight man coverage with two first round DBs and have Malik Hooker play the field (selected IF he enters in the 1st round this year) and then spy Watson underneath with LBs that run 4.5s. Clemson needs to take a different approach with this game or they lose IMO. If they take chances like they have all season OSU will hurt them. They need Gallman to carry the ball 25 times.

Teams with good offenses have done the following.
Oklahoma scored 17 offensive points. 7 on a KO return.
Tulsa 3 points
Michigan 20 in regulation
Nebraska 3
Penn St. 17. 7 on blocked kick return.

For a comparable
Clemson played Auburn and put up 19 on them. OSU D is every bit as good LIKELY better than Auburn's D the numbers back it up too.

The key to this game is OSU Offense. If it shows up OSU wins. If we see vanilla calls and Barrett missing open WRs- they lose.

Last edited by eastcoastbias; 12-13-2016 at 11:46 AM..

Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,889,081 times
Quote:

Really, are you referring to the same USC team that finished 9-3, ranked in the top 20 and will be playing in the Rose Bowl this year?

Old 12-15-2016, 05:36 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,515,266 times
With OSU, I'm definitely more concerned about the offensive side of the ball. Just comparing RBs and QBs to their 2014 run: they have a great run-game this year, but no Zeke. Barrett seems to do pretty well for the most part, but Jones was a big man who was really tough to tackle and saved their butt on many occasions against Alabama. Of course I haven't actually watched many of their games this year, but I have seen Barrett really struggle a few times over the years.

But when it comes down to it, I see OSU winning because of Meyer. He really is fantastic. I don't know if his squad is good enough to take down Alabama again, but they should at least get through Clemson.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:52 AM

2,841 posts, read 1,785,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
With OSU, I'm definitely more concerned about the offensive side of the ball. Just comparing RBs and QBs to their 2014 run: they have a great run-game this year, but no Zeke. Barrett seems to do pretty well for the most part, but Jones was a big man who was really tough to tackle and saved their butt on many occasions against Alabama. Of course I haven't actually watched many of their games this year, but I have seen Barrett really struggle a few times over the years.

But when it comes down to it, I see OSU winning because of Meyer. He really is fantastic. I don't know if his squad is good enough to take down Alabama again, but they should at least get through Clemson.
Cardale was able to stretch the field better, which resulted in safeties playing back and dealing with Zeke 10-15 yards down the field in the open field. OSU also had a great play caller (Tom Herman). Meyer is very good, but Herman made him look a little better.

Neither of those elements are present BUT they have the best short yardage team I've seen at OSU and that is saying it a lot. Barrett and Weber are excellent at grinding out yards and Samuel is great in the open field on the perimeter.

I expect OSU to slow the game down grind out yards and take a few shots deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or