U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 06:24 PM

3,325 posts, read 1,667,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Michigan and Ohio State have been looking highly unimpressive, lately.....! Still not impressed with Michigan's offense. And if not for a bonehead Spartan decision to go for two against Ohio State......!
Michigan's starting QB is out (not sure if he's out for the season or not). Got hurt against Iowa and was out against Indiana. The offense doesn't look the same without him.

When OSU plays real Big Ten teams (i.e. not Rutgers or Maryland) who know how to play them, they look more normal. Prior to squeaking by MSU, they did beat both Nebraska (without their starting qb for most of the game) and a terrible MD by a score of 62-3. Even if those teams aren't good, I wouldn't call that unimpressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Michigan's starting QB is out (not sure if he's out for the season or not). Got hurt against Iowa and was out against Indiana. The offense doesn't look the same without him.

When OSU plays real Big Ten teams (i.e. not Rutgers or Maryland) who know how to play them, they look more normal. Prior to squeaking by MSU, they did beat both Nebraska (without their starting qb for most of the game) and a terrible MD by a score of 62-3. Even if those teams aren't good, I wouldn't call that unimpressive.
Rutgers is going to be an easy punching bag in the Big Ten for a long time.

That road win against Oklahoma continues to make Ohio State look better and better.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,732 times
Quote:

I wasn't that impressed with Michigan with Speight! Take Peppers out, and Michigan's an average team!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:23 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Rutgers is going to be an easy punching bag in the Big Ten for a long time.

That road win against Oklahoma continues to make Ohio State look better and better.
And OU going into snowy, rowdy West Virginia and smacking the Mountaineers, later in the season, might I add, cancels that OSU win at OU......!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:35 AM

2,841 posts, read 1,782,984 times
Quote:
And OU going into snowy, rowdy West Virginia and smacking the Mountaineers, later in the season, might I add, cancels that OSU win at OU......!
Is WVU really that good?

How do you cancel a head to head- especially a decisive head to head not some flukey win?

The problem I'm seeing with Oklahoma (same problem in years prior to this) they can't play D and the teams in their conference can't play D. They had their chance outside of the conference (which is weak this year) and They went 0-2 against a great Big Ten team and a very good conference USA team. If they make the playoff and make it 0-3 can they be banned for a year?

Last edited by eastcoastbias; 11-21-2016 at 08:44 AM..

Old 11-21-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Nebraska is IMO is a pretender and I thought that prior to OSU game.

It was 24-3 when Armstrong went down late in the second. He wasn't having much success. Would the game be 62-3...No.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I wasn't that impressed with Michigan with Speight! Take Peppers out, and Michigan's an average team!
I'm tired of the Peppers for Heisman talk- the guy had a punt return against a scrub team. He's 5 yards on direct snaps and he makes a few tackles game. Not even close to the year Charles Woodson had when he won the Heisman.

UM is an Untested team. Harbaugh is proud guy and he's getting the fans stirred up all year that this is the revival year. They have played one "decent" team on the road outside of their state the WHOLE year. And they lost the game.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I'm tired of the Peppers for Heisman talk- the guy had a punt return against a scrub team. He's 5 yards on direct snaps and he makes a few tackles game. Not even close to the year Charles Woodson had when he won the Heisman.

UM is an Untested team. Harbaugh is proud guy and he's getting the fans stirred up all year that this is the revival year. They have played one "decent" team on the road outside of their state the WHOLE year. And they lost the game.
Michigan did beat a good Colorado team and also Wisconsin.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Michigan did beat a good Colorado team and also Wisconsin.
Okay some good wins. Wisconsin game was a great performance. I guess I'm constantly comparing them to OSU and I think they've had an easier road.

The Colorado game they were down 28-24 and Colorado's starting QB went down for the game. They played Penn State when Penn St had the entire defense out.

They've had three road games all year Rutgers, MSU, Iowa.

Old 11-21-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Okay some good wins. Wisconsin game was a great performance. I guess I'm constantly comparing them to OSU and I think they've had an easier road.

The Colorado game they were down 28-24 and Colorado's starting QB went down for the game. They played Penn State when Penn St had the entire defense out.

They've had three road games all year Rutgers, MSU, Iowa.
I think it's crazy some teams, Michigan and Auburn for example, are only playing 4 road games this season. It should be a rule that teams have to play at least 5 roads games every season.

I think Ohio State beats Michigan this year. Who goes to the title game if Ohio State beats Michigan? Would it be Penn State?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or