U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 02:26 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,533,198 times

Advertisements

Harbaugh is good but can't seem to get the ultimate prize. Good records at Stanford and SF but no championships. He's the Andy Reid version 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 05:48 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,372,535 times
I dont like either team or either coach but they shouldve at least measured.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:52 AM

7,906 posts, read 4,881,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The fact that there was no measurement makes me believe that "The Spot" was at least partially a make-up call for the egregiously missed call noted in post 5.

It's disgusting that the national media focuses on "The Spot" and ignores this face mask hold. How was this missed call not noticed at the time of the broadcast???

Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times
I still think Meechigan got jobbed.

Barrett had the ball on his lineman's butt, which was behind the first down marker. I still don't know how they gave them such a good spot. How they don't overturn it in the replay booth is ridiculous. The refs on the field have too much power over the replay officials. If most calls can't be changed when it's at least "reasonably" not "indisputably" obvious then they should not have instant replay.

After leading and controlling most the game that's a bitter pill to swallow.

OU got some of the same treatment this weekend in the game against Oklahoma State. The Oklahoma State defender clearly targeted (conveniently our best player, DeDe Westbrook) and the replay officials could virtually do nothing because the call on the field was that it was a clean hit. The hit was the definition of targeting as the Oklahoma State tackled DeDe with the crown of his helmet under/on the chin. And he "launched." Terrible officiating.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:18 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,779,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
There was no need to measure. I've explained this before to someone else.

The ball was pre-spotted in overtime with the nose of the ball touching the 25. So if the ball is over the 15 like it was- it is an obvious first down

Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Barrett had the ball on his lineman's butt, which was behind the first down marker. I still don't know how they gave them such a good spot. How they don't overturn it in the replay booth is ridiculous. The refs on the field have too much power over the replay officials. If most calls can't be changed when it's at least "reasonably" not "indisputably" obvious then they should not have instant replay.

After leading and controlling most the game that's a bitter pill to swallow.

OU got some of the same treatment this weekend in the game against Oklahoma State. The Oklahoma State defender clearly targeted (conveniently our best player, DeDe Westbrook) and the replay officials could virtually do nothing because the call on the field was that it was a clean hit. The hit was the definition of targeting as the Oklahoma State tackled DeDe with the crown of his helmet under/on the chin. And he "launched." Terrible officiating.

Too many folks are looking at the wrong camera angles and then jumping to conclusions.
There is a still shot floating around with a camera shot at the 15.the defender is behind the 15 and Barrett's whole arm with the ball in it is over the line to gain.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Too many folks are looking at the wrong camera angles and then jumping to conclusions.
There is a still shot floating around with a camera shot at the 15.the defender is behind the 15 and Barrett's whole arm with the ball in it is over the line to gain.
Disagree until you can provide the camera angle you're referring to.

The replay I saw the ball is setting on an Ohio State lineman's butt, which was behind the first down marker.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:15 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,372,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

I have not seen such a shot. It looked like he was short to me.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:42 AM

7,906 posts, read 4,881,451 times
Quote:
How was Michigan "jobbed" when the refs didn't call the obvious face mask penalty two plays earlier?

Ohio State's QB is grabbed by the face mask and none of the refs see it?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Disagree until you can provide the camera angle you're referring to.

The replay I saw the ball is setting on an Ohio State lineman's butt, which was behind the first down marker.
Google "YouTube first down call OSU"

First video listed has the 15 yard line camera angle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or