Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 06:13 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Florida State Seminoles QB Deondre Francois out for season

That stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 AM

6,067 posts, read 9,091,285 times
This is tragic. Feel so sorry for the young man because he plays with a lot of passion.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:16 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
That's too bad. I was thinking this was the Noles' year to win the conference seeing that Clemson lost their star QB to the draft, but does this injury now mean the Tigers are the favorite to win the ACC?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:58 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's too bad. I was thinking this was the Noles' year to win the conference seeing that Clemson lost their star QB to the draft, but does this injury now mean the Tigers are the favorite to win the ACC?
At least the Atlantic.

There's alot of football left to play, obviously. Louisville has a better shot now.. Virginia Tech and Miami look improved.

And.. We still have to see how Clemson plays against tougher opposition. It's all well and good to put up 56 points against Kent State.. Let's see how they do against Auburn.

But, in reality.. I think the Atlantic is decided on the 16th. Louisville vs Clemson.. Clemson certainly has the advantage, because the toughest games they play, Louisville, Virginia Tech and Florida State (I don't care who is or isn't playing, that's a rivalry, it's always played tough) are all at Death Valley.

Also.. Factor in how bad Louisville played against Purdue.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:00 AM

455 posts, read 651,140 times
Clemson's defense is arguably better than last year's (many of the same guys). The running backs are deeper than last year's stable. The offensive line is mostly the same crew as last year and is still solid. The receivers and tight ends are loaded with talent and include slot receiver Hunter Renfrow, the bane of the Crimson Tide. The biggest question remains at quarterback - Kelly Bryant looks confident and ready, but things get a lot tougher starting this week with Auburn so we'll see. Really all he has to do is be a competent game manager and try to only throw about half of Deshaun's 17 interception total from last season. If they can have the same level of team camaraderie and player leadership as last year, they have an excellent shot at returning to the CFP playoff for a third straight year. Or it could all fall apart - that's college football and that's why we love it...

Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Florida State's perception of the Atlantic Coast Conference's Atlantic Division could be clearer after the Clemson-Louisville game. The Seminoles play the Cardinals and the Tigers later in the season. Those games and Florida State's performances in other games are necessary to complete the picture.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:42 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
This is tragic. Feel so sorry for the young man because he plays with a lot of passion.
I lived in Tallahassee last year. Locally, Coach Fisher and the FSU fans were very upset about the lack of "roughing the passer" calls in that close FSU-Clemson game. Francois was banged up badly on many plays. He really took a severe beating that night in a close and bitter loss to a team that eventually won the championship. Fisher was angry as hell.

But as an objective, Non-FSU football fan (despite being an FSU graduate), I knew a severe injury was around the corner. A quarterback doesn't go through a game like that and not have the injuries accumulate. It caught up with him. The connective tissue and skeletal structure start to fade after awhile.

FSU is stuck with less experienced quarterbacks right now and trying to make the best of it, but I think the season outcome will be far below their normal standards. As a dual Florida-FSU graduate, I predict the Gators will win this year. The contrast with Florida is that the Gators have three quarterbacks who could actually start. FSU only had one. Ironically, the Gator quarterback is from Wakulla HS which is right near FSU.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:55 PM

455 posts, read 651,140 times
Unfortunately for whatever QB lines up, FSU's woes are likely to continue until they find a way to shore up that offensive line. That's the real reason behind Francois taking a pounding all last year and in the Bama game this year...

Old 10-09-2017, 03:04 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I haven't seen FSU in such turmoil since the days of Chris Rix. I moved to Tallahassee in 2002 and recently moved back to AZ in early 2017.

Back then, I remember jogging to campus and saw a sign posted by angry FSU fans that said "Chris Rix s*cks". That was summer of 2003. But they had a lot of success with Jimbo Fisher (albeit the scandals were present).

Now, Jimbo's team is suffering. Francois got hurt and the backups are too inexperienced. They finally lost to Miami after many years of one-sided dominance. Now, the other teams can sense that rare opportunity to beat FSU when it is down. None of them will feel sorry for FSU. They will just go for the "jugular" so-to-speak.

I predict a lot of heavy losses this fall and a season far below expectations. But I don't care. I moved back to AZ. I only watched FSU soccer games when I was there and couldn't care less about the football team. They have too many scandals. And I have a master's degree from FSU. Go figure.

Clemson will probably take the ACC and go to the playoffs. Miami is definitely improved though.
It would have been fun to see Miami and Oklahoma go undefeated and meet in the playoffs - a reinvigoration of the classic 1980s match-ups with Vinny Testaverde and the "Boz" (LOL) of OU.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:29 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I haven't seen FSU in such turmoil since the days of Chris Rix. I moved to Tallahassee in 2002 and recently moved back to AZ in early 2017.
that's because they haven't been. No matter what's happened, be it Fischer or Bowden.. There was ALWAYS a Plan B.. And it was a pretty good plan B most times. think back when Winston was suspended. They threw the coach's kid in there at QB.. But, he was a 5th year guy. And.. He beat Clemson. Barely, but he beat them.

This year.. It really seems they had no plan B. At least not a good one.

Francois goes out, boom goes the season.

Since they joined the ACC, they've had 9 seasons with 4 or more losses, with a high of 6. They haven't had a losing season (which I think they're headed towards) since 1976. They've never missed a bowl game (Also something I think they're headed towards) since they joined the ACC. And, just as a reminder, they joined the ACC in 1992.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football