U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 12:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,632,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
He has rage problem,he should spend few months in jail and be banned from the OU campus for life.Granted she should NOT push him,but come on thats no reason to punch her like that,whether male or female you don't re-act like that,he has anger issues and she should be taking anger management classes.As for her,she also needs to be banned from the campus and take anger management classes.
Please don't leave out serving jail time. She should also spend a few months in jail. That'll be fair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,632,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I have no idea what precipitated this, but what I see in the video is she put her hands on him not once, but twice, including a slap across the face. Call it an overreaction if you will and I would agree with you to a large extent. But if you don't want to trigger someone's self-defense reflex, don't put your hands on that person. (And no ladies, having ovaries is not a license to assault men.) It's awfully easy to judge someone who was in the heat of the moment when you're sitting there in your La-Z-Boy watching a video after the fact.
plus 1

Old 12-25-2016, 05:29 PM

8,371 posts, read 8,363,445 times
No man worth his salt is going to punch out a woman like that, no matter if she's pushing him around after he's insulted/slurred her friend.

Walk away. He didn't.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:04 PM

357 posts, read 155,538 times
If that's his natural reaction when somebody jumps in his face, he'll keep finding himself in jail. There's absolutely no excuse for physically reacting this way. Time will eventually heal all wounds but he needs to learn the hard way here. No team should consider him on their draftboards. He'll have to convince some team to sign him as an undrafted FA.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:20 PM

3,220 posts, read 3,733,918 times
It amazes me how anyone can defend this. I agree, no one should ever hit someone else. But her group clearly came inside the restaurant after an argument outside (possibly where Mixon started calling her friend homophobic slurs?), and Mixon followed them into the restaurant, instigating the altercation. The girl kept looking down and kind of hunched over the table like she was trying to get away from the outside situation, but when he walked in after them she had no choice but to acknowledge him. He kept running his mouth. She pushed him. Ee lunged at her, acting like he was going to hit her. She slapped him for his ridiculous aggression towards a defenseless sorority girl. He punched her in the face with absolutely no restraint, knocking her unconscious, while breaking four bones in her face and causing her to eat liquid foods through a wired shut jaw for an extended period of time. Yeah.. thats definitely defensible.
Admittedly, his "apology" was decently drafted by his lawyer, who told him all of the right things to say, but anyone with half a brain won't buy that BS. His actions and social media posts during/after his redshirt ("punishment") season speak volumes. I hope she wins the lawsuit and is well compensated for her troubles.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:54 PM

871 posts, read 904,542 times
Just disgusting.

I've been to Norman, OK and seen how the football team is treated.
They have instant adoration and should be obliged to learn how to conduct themselves.

No PR campaign by his legal team can change his horrible character.
No visits to sick children and apologies to 'Mom' for letting her down change it.

He was NEVER in danger, NEVER. When God gave him size, strength and speed many times the average woman, It came with the caveat of restraint. If a woman got in my face like she did his I would be more concerned with exiting the situation than knocking her out. He is a horrible person and should have been tossed from the team. I know I will be rooting against OU.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:35 AM

23,629 posts, read 33,419,067 times
My take on the whole situation. It won't be popular, but I could not care less.

- Both committed criminal actions and should have been charged. The girl escalated the conflict to a physical conflict by touching Mixon. Mixon used excessive force than what was necessary for self defense.
- My opinion, I believe in the old adage; if you bow up to me like a man you should be handled like a man. But I'm not stupid and know the law don't see it that way, so I'll walk away because as a large black man I won't get the benefit of the doubt.
- Coach Stoops bowed to pressure when said he regretted suspending him instead of kicking off the team. Stoops tried to do the right thing IMO when he suspended Mixon made him get professional help and gave him another opportunity. He did the hard thing but cowered when someone challenged him on it.
- Punishing the abuser is the easy thing to do, seeing the abuser gets the needed help afterward is the hard thing to discuss and do and you know how we handle hard things in America.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 AM

8,371 posts, read 8,363,445 times
Quote:
Mixon used excessive force than what was necessary for self defense.
Excuse me - Mixon thought he was in grave danger from that pencil arm blonde girl just because she weakly slapped him upside his head?
Please tell us you are joking?

Old 12-29-2016, 09:46 AM

23,629 posts, read 33,419,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Excuse me - Mixon thought he was in grave danger from that pencil arm blonde girl just because she weakly slapped him upside his head?
Please tell us you are joking?
I'm not joking, as someone who studied a little law in college. I'm looking at this as a legal perspective.

Oklahoma is a stand your ground state. The law requires "reasonable fear of imminent peril." Since technically she assualted him, yes slapping is considered assault, he had a right to self-defense. Assault is "reasonable fear of imminent peril." The law is no respector of practical size difference, nor should it be. Mr Mixon's force was excessive, but by textbook definition he had a right to use self-defense.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:10 AM

465 posts, read 296,906 times
I guess some people think he is supposed to stand there and take everything. I don't agree with his actions because it was over the top. What if she kicked him in the balls. Will that change minds. I agree that he should have left the area. At the same time, he has the right to be there too without being assaulted by anyone. I wonder if people are more pissed because of his race. Hmmm.

I hope she learned a lesson. I know that he has learned a lesson because the public is making him apologize over and over. This is a complete double standard. She needs help too and she should apologize too. Everyone has rights, even the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or