Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:57 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times

Advertisements

The video of Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon breaking a womans face was finally released today, after years of trying to keep it from going public.

The punch fractured four bones in her face, and required her jaw to be wired shut. Mixon was "punished" with a redshirt freshman season.

Needless to say, the knock out blow is pretty brutal. After the recent revelations of multiple other OU players assaulting women, including star wide receiver DeDe Westbrook being arrested multiple times for assaulting the mother of his child, its no surprise that many people are now advocating for the firing of head coach Bob Stoops, along with the OU president and the athletic director.

Autocorrect strikes again.. I can't seem to be able to edit his name in the thread title.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 12-16-2016 at 10:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 09:21 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Mixon should turn in his man card for letting a mouthy chick get under his skin. He should've done jail time for that aggravated assault.

Speaks very poorly of Stoops and the OU program to keep a violent thug like that on the team, but Medium Game Bob has a habit of giving "second chances".

Barry Switzer probably doesn't have a problem with it either....

Old 12-18-2016, 01:23 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
He has rage problem,he should spend few months in jail and be banned from the OU campus for life.Granted she should NOT push him,but come on thats no reason to punch her like that,whether male or female you don't re-act like that,he has anger issues and she should be taking anger management classes.As for her,she also needs to be banned from the campus and take anger management classes.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
I agree that he should have been kicked off the team.

Most Sooner Fans I know believe he should have been shown the door too.

Also, if Stoops is fired it will be for not winning a National Championship recently, even with dominating the Big XII and winning it 10x, more than all other Big XII teams combined.

Old 12-18-2016, 02:17 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I agree that he should have been kicked off the team.

Most Sooner Fans I know believe he should have been shown the door too.

Also, if Stoops is fired it will be for not winning a National Championship recently, even with dominating the Big XII and winning it 10x, more than all other Big XII teams combined.
Well, lucky for Bob the Dinky Dozen has pretty much sucked for most of its existence - especially with the underperforming Horns. I don't know of any program that has been getting less bang for its big bucks lately than Texas.
It appears "I'm A Man" Gundy has preserved his job for at least another year - but he's still treading lightly around T. Boone.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, lucky for Bob the Dinky Dozen has pretty much sucked for most of its existence - especially with the underperforming Horns. I don't know of any program that has been getting less bang for its big bucks lately than Texas.
It appears "I'm A Man" Gundy has preserved his job for at least another year - but he's still treading lightly around T. Boone.
Agreed with Tejas being terrible. OU has carried this conference on it's back since all the defections.

We were actually a great conference, on par with the B1G and the SEC when we still had our four state schools Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, and Mizzwho. Replacing these four large State schools with two smaller schools such as West Virginia and especially Texas Christian sealed the Big XII's demise. (Baylor had always been a major outlier to the culture of the other schools and never belonged in the Big XII to begin with...thanks dirty Tejas politicians for sneaking them in.)

Our leadership had legitimate shots for the likes of Clemson, Florida St, Miami, Louisville, Arizona, and Arizona St. Even BYU would have elevated the league a bit.

But the Big XII Brass was reactive and let all the decent Power 5 teams get locked up with Grant of Rights deals.

Terrible leadership equals terrible conference with no future. Looking forward to the day when OU says goodbye for good. Hopefully OU, Tejas, Oklahoma State, and Tech can all stay together and go to the PAC.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:34 AM

465 posts, read 418,323 times
Wow! I don't see your points. She jumped in his face and slapped him. She should be charged too. His response was over the time so he would be charged too.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:21 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
I have no idea what precipitated this, but what I see in the video is she put her hands on him not once, but twice, including a slap across the face. Call it an overreaction if you will and I would agree with you to a large extent. But if you don't want to trigger someone's self-defense reflex, don't put your hands on that person. (And no ladies, having ovaries is not a license to assault men.) It's awfully easy to judge someone who was in the heat of the moment when you're sitting there in your La-Z-Boy watching a video after the fact.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:57 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Schools need to do a better job with orientation; when an athlete steps on campus, the first thing the school should do is have sessions on what to do in these or other situations......

1. How to avoid confrontation and/or overreaction

2. How to 'not start none, won't be none'

3. How to properly react, such as walk away, if the 'non-athlete' attempts to provoke the situation, especially if intoxicated (ex: if the person either calls the athlete a racial slur, or hits first!).

4. If the student starts it, how the assistance of other athletes in pulling the teammate away goes a long way! And wisely flipping the script and reporting the student's conduct to the school or authorities ("the student called me a slur" or "the student hit me first!")

5. And if there is a get-together of multiple male athletes and one or two females, EVERY EVENT IS IN A PUBLIC PLACE! This ensures the safety of the female(s) (to prevent a Baylor) and/or the reputations of the athletes (to prevent a Duke lacrosse)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football