U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:04 AM

28,308 posts, read 26,320,585 times

Advertisements

OSU fans before the 2016 CFP Semi-Final:

-Clemson hasn't seen a defense like the Buckeyes'
-OSU has faced much stiffer competition all season
-If Pitt could score 40+ points on Clemson, then so can OSU
-This game is OSU's to lose
-If J.T. Barrett has a "decent" day, Clemson can't win
-All OSU needs to do is shut down Deshaun Watson and make them one-dimensional
-Nothing you can do when you give Urban a month to prepare for an opponent
-Clemson almost lost to NCSU. This will be a rout! (they were right about that)
-OSU's ballhawking secondary is "very opportunistic" and will shut down Clemson's WRs
-No answer to Curtis Samuel!

OSU fans after the 2016 CFP Semi-Final:

-OSU was really young; this was a rebuilding year
-Those missed FGs were the reason we got blown out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,936,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
OSU fans before the 2016 CFP Semi-Final:

-Clemson hasn't seen a defense like the Buckeyes'
-OSU has faced much stiffer competition all season
-If Pitt could score 40+ points on Clemson, then so can OSU
-This game is OSU's to lose
-If J.T. Barrett has a "decent" day, Clemson can't win
-All OSU needs to do is shut down Deshaun Watson and make them one-dimensional
-Nothing you can do when you give Urban a month to prepare for an opponent
-Clemson almost lost to NCSU. This will be a rout! (they were right about that)
-OSU's ballhawking secondary is "very opportunistic" and will shut down Clemson's WRs
-No answer to Curtis Samuel!

OSU fans after the 2016 CFP Semi-Final:

-OSU was really young; this was a rebuilding year
-Those missed FGs were the reason we got blown out
Ha ha!! Thanks for a 2016 flashback.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:41 PM

1,587 posts, read 990,494 times
As of early New Year's Eve, the Big Ten is 7-0 for the 2017 Bowl season. Wins over good programs (Miami, Washington, USC)..

I don't think Big Ten produced the best individual team this year, but they're proving to be the best (aggregate) conference, top-to-bottom (my opinion).

No. 6 Wisconsin holds off No. 10 Miami in Orange Bowl; Big Ten goes 7-0 in bowls – CollegeFootballTalk

Old 12-31-2017, 06:58 AM

3,577 posts, read 5,839,045 times
The best team ,in theory, is the winner jan 8th.

if the SEC wins out every bowl game its in it could be 8-3 and have the #1 and 2..............BUT the Big 10 teams have put up some good performances especially , I thought, Penn St.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:44 AM

43 posts, read 18,096 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
As of early New Year's Eve, the Big Ten is 7-0 for the 2017 Bowl season. Wins over good programs (Miami, Washington, USC)..

I don't think Big Ten produced the best individual team this year, but they're proving to be the best (aggregate) conference, top-to-bottom (my opinion).

No. 6 Wisconsin holds off No. 10 Miami in Orange Bowl; Big Ten goes 7-0 in bowls – CollegeFootballTalk
I agree the Big 10 did not produce the best team...though that statement cannot be validated this year because they were left out of the playoffs. Bias against the Big 10 was significant this year, some of that is self inflicted with a history of failing miserably in big games. But, I don't think it's fair or concise to leave out a conference in the CFP, and then say this is the champion. Big 12 and Big 10 were impacted in consecutive years. This leaves open questions to the eventual champion, are they the true Champion. I say no, and resounding no. I think this process is far better than the BCS. The true champoin can only be identified with 8 team playoff.

Last edited by 0ldT1m3r; 12-31-2017 at 08:20 AM..

Old 12-31-2017, 08:08 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,139,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post

No. 6 Wisconsin holds off No. 10 Miami in Orange Bowl; Big Ten goes 7-0 in bowls CollegeFootballTalk
You're right, BR!

The Big 10 is certainly the best at bowl games this season! They presented their conference well and won all their games, so no debate there. However, they didn't get a team into the Top Four in order to then win it all -- which seems to be the ultimate achievement test anymore!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:08 PM

6,597 posts, read 8,132,187 times
I agree the Big 10 is strong top to bottom but lacking a dominate team this year, hence no team in chamionship. OU beat Ohio State soundly at home early this year. So if they are tops they are 0-1 against the top 4. The big 12 is 5-2 so far this bowl season. I think the big 12 is stronger and deeper this year than the SEC and clearly than the Pac 12. Vs the big 10, its hard to argue they are better than they are top to bottom. The ACC is a strong football conference this year too. Clemson looks like the best team to me but we will see what happens on the filed this next week.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,829 posts, read 33,261,920 times
It seems like not having a team in the playoff is proving to be an advantage to the Big Ten's bowl fortunes. Hopefully Michigan will do its part to finish out the perfect bowl season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or