U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you pick?
Alabama 12 57.14%
Clemson 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 11:42 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,540,456 times

Advertisements

That Clemson offense earned everything they got tonight, to the tune of 35 points. Their defense didn't get them any turnovers, no short fields. Their field position was bad (or at least not good) all game. But going up against that vaunted, stingy, playmaking 'Bama D, they were able to sustain long drives and their receivers made touch clutch catches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:55 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,163,160 times
Tonight's ending might have been better than winning a made-for-TV popularity contest in New York for Watson.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 PM

689 posts, read 340,246 times
Great game especially towards the end.

Watson and Clemson receivers and tight end made clutch catches.

Hurts need more work but his last drive he did make plays. Saban shouldn't fired Lane Kiffin especially with a young freshman QB who is still developing. Kiffin would've had better play calling to help Hurts and the passing game. Hurts now have to deal with a lot of adversity from lost and upset fans.

Clemson just played better towards the end and Hurts ran TD in too soon. Too much time for Watson.

Watson stock has to go up now.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 AM

975 posts, read 1,530,253 times
Somewhere ....Mark May is crying a river!!

Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 AM

975 posts, read 1,530,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't know if he'll be drafted but he definitely has a pro career IMO. He would be effective as a Wes Welker/Edelman-type slot WR. He has good hands and runs his routes precisely. That combination is more rare than you would believe.

Adam Humphries caught on with Tampa Bay and is having a fruitful pro career - and I believe Renfrow is a notch above Humphries.

Precise route runners are a rare commodity in the NFL - think Steve Largent

Old 01-10-2017, 05:58 AM

3,818 posts, read 6,557,234 times
Quote:
Sooooo....is Alabama's defense still the greatest of all time?
Oh yeah and I'm not beig biased.They were tired.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,861,560 times
Quote:
Sooooo....is Alabama's defense still the greatest of all time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Oh yeah and I'm not beig biased.They were tired.
They aren't the greatest defense of all time BECAUSE they weren't as deep. The 11 starters were certainly a notch above any defense I've seen, but if you can't get them a little rest here and there they are gonna get gassed after 90+ plays.

Depth is a very big ingredient in being "the best".

Interesting how close it was again. 2 games, one championship each, total scores Bama 76 Clemson 75. Can't get much more evenly matched than that.

Watson is tremendous!

Best NCG ever. Again.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,548,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Bama's offense choked and too conservative on play calling on offense......you can't have a bunch of 3 and outs and expect the defense to bail the offense out.

Bama's defense were tired and I blame the offense and play calling.
How did ........."Bama's offense choked "....when their offense scored what appeared to be the winning touchdown late in the game ?

Stupid penalties by hot headed Bama defense didn't help late in the game either.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:10 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,548,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Clemson..........31
Alabama...........28
I don't often get close in my predictions, but today I will gloat a little.

Not exact, but very close

Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 AM

9,486 posts, read 7,159,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
How did ........."Bama's offense choked "....when their offense scored what appeared to be the winning touchdown late in the game ?

Stupid penalties by hot headed Bama defense didn't help late in the game either.
2/15 on Third Down

14/32 passing for 155 yards.

25:16 Time of Possession

16 First Downs

I don't think their offense choked.. I just don't think their offense is that good.. Yet. Especially once Bo went out. Is there potential there? oh, yeah.. But they were too green, specifically Hurts

If their offense was like last year.. They could have put the game away in the early 3rd quarter. Because Clemson's offense took a while to really get going, which was the time it took to wear down Bama's defense. And Clemson's pass defense can be suspect at times. Lots of PI calls on them normally. They didn't get one last night.. Why? because no long passes, save one, was close to a receiver.

Clemson let alot of opportunities slip away as well. Take away 3 big runs and a blown coverage and they likely hold Bama to 3 points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football