U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:00 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,073 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/MattieLouC/statu...894965248?s=09

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...t-updated-2017

Ole Miss reportedly presented evidence against Mississippi State to NCAA during investigation

Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze likely won't survive this NCAA violations scandal | FOX Sports

Ole Miss allegedly paid thousands of dollars to player that signed elsewhere

Note that the 250K is just a rumor.

I also have a new respect for the Egg Bowl rivalry in this state - If i go down, my rival goes down with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 08:25 PM

1,587 posts, read 989,423 times
Significant sanctions (beyond those self-imposed) are likely coming against New Miss..
Early reporting is that New Miss is guilty of large scale 'lack of institutional control'..

I find it ironic, that a university recently obsessed with wielding institutional control over it's historical Confederate imagery. (Erasing Colonel Reb, band ditching playing any variations of Dixie, & literally ripping a Rebel flag out of the hands of one of their own fans..) is now in a scandal involving a lack of control.

The school administration has abandoned & shamed their Southern ancestry, maybe this is Karma (?)

Old 03-01-2017, 08:38 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,393,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Significant sanctions (beyond those self-imposed) are likely coming against New Miss..
Early reporting is that New Miss is guilty of large scale 'lack of institutional control'..

I find it ironic, that a university recently obsessed with wielding institutional control over it's historical Confederate imagery. (Erasing Colonel Reb, band ditching playing any variations of Dixie, & literally ripping a Rebel flag out of the hands of one of their own fans..) is now in a scandal involving a lack of control.

The school administration has abandoned & shamed their Southern ancestry, maybe this is Karma (?)
So please clarify. You are saying that Karma is punishing Ole Miss for getting rid of racist imagery by having the NCAA impose sanctions for paying players?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:02 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,857,551 times
"racist imagery"

Yeah, Ole Miss will be hit hard. Freeze will likely be gone. At least he probably saw this coming and won't be "blind sided" by the firing...

Old 04-05-2017, 04:34 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,293,825 times
When the NCAA uses those four magic words - lack of institutional control - it usually doesn't bode well for the school. No way that they get off with just the self-imposed sanctions, if any of the stuff that we have heard is true.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:16 AM

447 posts, read 474,013 times
And it's not like Ole Miss has the political clout of a school such as Alabama. It may get ugly...

Old 07-20-2017, 06:31 PM

776 posts, read 652,653 times
a bombshell that I don't think anyone could see coming
Hugh Freeze of Ole Miss Rebels resigns; news conference set

Old 07-20-2017, 08:27 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,323,237 times
This just in from Oxford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT4mSoZsbzM

Damn, Ole Miss. You had a brief, shining moment of semi-significance on the field. I guess you just couldn't handle it.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 PM

3,192 posts, read 6,353,150 times
An out the box suggestion: Broderick Fobbs of Grambling!

Young, 42-year-old stepped in to heal a Grambling program after a team mutiny, due to what many believe was a politically motivated firing of Doug Williams. First year, 7-5. Second year 9-3. Third year 12-1! People will say, 'Grambling is FCS'. But Fobbs knows the deep south (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia regions, etc!), and was on staff at Southern Miss. And as Paul Finebaum says, "Ole Miss [is considered] an acquired taste!" That means not many people want that job.....!

Old 07-23-2017, 01:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,794,451 times
Interesting nod there about Dobbs. Coaching is coaching, but I'm guessing Grambling is on a more level field in the SWAC than Ole Miss is in the SEC. The Mississippi schools are by far the lowest in terms of revenue in football and the ceiling is usually middle of the pack at best because of that.

It is a challenge that some are wired for and if he failed, he's getting paid many times more to disappear than he would at Grambling. So, there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football