U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2006, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,934,512 times
Reputation: 459

Advertisements

7:00pm time to glue myself to ESPN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,248 posts, read 19,187,305 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
That's the one I'm living for. I don't know how I'll get any sleep, I'm so geeked about seeing the San Diego Poinsettia Credit Flower Union Custard Bowl between the magnificent brawling giants of College Sports, TCU and NIU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
That's the one I'm living for. I don't know how I'll get any sleep, I'm so geeked about seeing the San Diego Poinsettia Credit Flower Union Custard Bowl between the magnificent brawling giants of College Sports, TCU and NIU!
I don't care about NIU. And if you think TCU isn't a "giant", well, you're right, but I like TCU. Sure, they haven't been in the National Championship picture in almost 7 decades, and they always blow their chance to go to a BCS bowl game every year, but I still like 'em. I'd say that they were the only good Texas program outside the Big XII, but Houston's done pretty well this year (C-USA champs!!!). Well anyway, that's my two cents on that. Go frogs!!!. And hopfully they can have an undefeated season before I turn 30. I'm 18 right now, so that gives them 12 seasons. That should be enough time. God, I hope that's enough time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 PM
 
Location: SF, CA
431 posts, read 309,635 times
Reputation: 198
Wink Boomer Sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
HOOK'EM HORNS!

HOOK'EM HORNS!

HOOK'EM HORNS!
BOOMER SOONER!

BOOMER SOONER!

BOOMER SOONER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
 
47 posts, read 275,666 times
Reputation: 34
Just one more for those that rip Florida for "ducking" the good teams. Florida played the number 1 toughest schedule in the country, including 6 opponents in the top 25 tough schedule. The Mighty Ohio State University comes in at an impressive 42nd.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Inte...games_cumm.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
944 posts, read 3,633,363 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I don't care about NIU. And if you think TCU isn't a "giant", well, you're right, but I like TCU.
I hear ya. My sarcastic post was mostly about the stupid names of the bowl games and how you can make it into a bowl with a 6-6 record. And guess what, my HORNS are going to play a 6-6 Iowa team and I don't even know if I'll watch! The only thing I'm intersted in about watching is to see how the younger players on the Horns will look, so I can start thinking about NEXT year.

Hey, Ladanian Tomlinson should have won the Heisman, I said it the year he was snubbed and now he's proving it in the NFL, you with me on that? TCU gets no respect so the best RB in the NFL got snubbed for, I dunno, probably someone from Texas or USC.... can't recall who beat him out but nobody was more deserving. Sorry if I spelled his name wrong, but it's not like I see it on cereal boxes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
944 posts, read 3,633,363 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by j in florida View Post
Just one more for those that rip Florida for "ducking" the good teams. Florida played the number 1 toughest schedule in the country, including 6 opponents in the top 25 tough schedule. The Mighty Ohio State University comes in at an impressive 42nd.
It's gonna be a great game and y'all will get your chance to earn respect on the field. But you're right about the strength of schedule. For some reason, FL managed to slip under the radar, maybe because they don't have a stand-out star like Reggie Bush, Vince Young, or ~~~ you know who I'm gonna say ~~~ Troy-freaking-Smith!!!!! Watching TS play is a thrill like Bush and Young were. The guy has mad game. You have a good TEAM. We'll see what happens on the field. Can't wait!

It's depressing to know that tomorrow is Saturday, College Game Day, and I won't get to hear that "Yeah we're comin' to your citaaayyyy....." song and then spend my day flippin' channels between the best games all day while hangin' out in whatever I slept in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 AM
 
Location: SF, CA
431 posts, read 309,635 times
Reputation: 198
Default LaDainian Tomlinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
I hear ya. My sarcastic post was mostly about the stupid names of the bowl games and how you can make it into a bowl with a 6-6 record. And guess what, my HORNS are going to play a 6-6 Iowa team and I don't even know if I'll watch! The only thing I'm intersted in about watching is to see how the younger players on the Horns will look, so I can start thinking about NEXT year.

Hey, Ladanian Tomlinson should have won the Heisman, I said it the year he was snubbed and now he's proving it in the NFL, you with me on that? TCU gets no respect so the best RB in the NFL got snubbed for, I dunno, probably someone from Texas or USC.... can't recall who beat him out but nobody was more deserving. Sorry if I spelled his name wrong, but it's not like I see it on cereal boxes....

LaDainian Tomlinson lost the Heisman Trophy win in 2000 to Chris Weinke of Florida State (remember, he was old enough to draw Social Security!) Super-close 2nd was Josh Heupel from OU (and Josh and the Sooners went on to beat Weinke and FSU in the Orange Bowl and win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP that year!) LaDainian come in 4th place out of the five nominees but I don't remember the others. Drew Brees maybe?? Anyway :=)

Last edited by Lannie; 12-08-2006 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,248 posts, read 19,187,305 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
I hear ya. My sarcastic post was mostly about the stupid names of the bowl games and how you can make it into a bowl with a 6-6 record. And guess what, my HORNS are going to play a 6-6 Iowa team and I don't even know if I'll watch! The only thing I'm intersted in about watching is to see how the younger players on the Horns will look, so I can start thinking about NEXT year.
I didn't understand why TCU couldn't at least try to go to another (better) bowl game. It was like "What, are y'all too good for the Texas Bowl or something."
LT will become a legend and he's making us proud. And I gotta say, I'm real dissapointed that the Longhorns didn't defend their title. I really wanted to see Colt raise that crystal ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
944 posts, read 3,633,363 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
LaDainian Tomlinson lost the Heisman Trophy... to
Chris Weinke of Florida State...
Josh Heupel from OU...
Arrrggghhh! And I don't hear anything about either of those top vote-getters in the NFL, but they're from "glamour schools" so they got all the attention and love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
944 posts, read 3,633,363 times
Reputation: 408
Default Bowl games are wack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I didn't understand why TCU couldn't at least try to go to another (better) bowl game.
I was stunned to see Texas at 9-3 (one of those losses to Ohio State) going up against the Iowa Soybean and Corn Growers or whatever they're called, meanwhile Kansas State gets to play an exciting Rutgers team that has never gotten so close to the top in its history. Why not Texas vs. Rutgers? THAT is a game I'd go out of my way to watch, it would show whether either team is for real. But who can get excited about the current match-ups?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...I gotta say, I'm real dissapointed that the Longhorns didn't defend their title. I really wanted to see Colt raise that crystal ball.
Nice thought, but Colt is a colt, he's nowhere near ready for the big time. Just my opinion. He seems a bit overrated to me. Pretty bad under pressure, but shows LOTS of potential for improvement in the next couple years. The Horns will be contenders again, no worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top