Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 05:31 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,608,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
The Mountaineers debut at #17 in the preseason AP poll. Honestly I think it’s a couple spots too high, and I think it’s a giant target on our back. West Virginia has never handled high praise well. Take for instance last season in basketball when they climbed to #2 in the polls. They fell apart after that and lost some winnable games. Or in football two seasons ago when we had a top ten showdown with Oklahoma in Morgantown with the conference title in view. We managed to fall apart. Or dare I bring up what happened in 2007!!!

I hope this team can handle it! I know our QB can, but can everyone else?
Better belt in, Chris. This may just be the year that takes you for a wild ride!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 06:09 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Quote:

Nov 24. // Oklahoma
(WVU 54 - 42)
I have liked WVU since they began playing in the Big 12. And I would love to see WVU beat OU. This may be the year to do it.

I haven't heard much about who OU's QB.

Coach Bill Snyder is out from KS State, isn't he? I pretty much agree with your predictions but it could be wishful thinking on my part.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:19 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Better belt in, Chris. This may just be the year that takes you for a wild ride!
The sad part about Roller Coaster rides is that they all start off going up, but then they always end at a slow pace at the bottom!

Last edited by Chriscross309; 08-21-2018 at 04:50 AM..

Old 08-21-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I have liked WVU since they began playing in the Big 12. And I would love to see WVU beat OU. This may be the year to do it.

I haven't heard much about who OU's QB.

Coach Bill Snyder is out from KS State, isn't he? I pretty much agree with your predictions but it could be wishful thinking on my part.
I agree that if there was any year to beat OU, it's this year! Home game, solid team, and a never give up attitude QB. Oklahoma's QB is solid. He actually started the WV game last season because Baker Mayfield was involved in an altercation with some alcohol and the law However, after the first series, Baker found his way to the field. Murray is their new QB, and he will be good enough to keep OU's offense high octane!

Bill Snyder is still coaching at Kansas State. He is going go Joe Paterno's win record!

Old 08-21-2018, 05:09 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Quote:
I agree that if there was any year to beat OU, it's this year! Home game, solid team, and a never give up attitude QB. Oklahoma's QB is solid. He actually started the WV game last season because Baker Mayfield was involved in an altercation with some alcohol and the law However, after the first series, Baker found his way to the field. Murray is their new QB, and he will be good enough to keep OU's offense high octane!

Bill Snyder is still coaching at Kansas State. He is going go Joe Paterno's win record!
I read Murray was drafted by the Oakland As. I read a little bit about him after I posted. And I watched the highlights from last years OU/WVU game.

I went to K State right after Coach Bill Snyder took over. There was some talk about him making $150K/year while the President of KSU only made $125K/year! That is peanuts!

Snyder is the kind of coach that the players will play their hearts out for him. I went to every home game from 1990 to 1995. I saw Nebraska when they were awesome. I loved watching them rumble around end. It was a sight to behold!

I have always respected OU's program, but I hated Stoops for some reason.

Good luck this season.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

Good luck this season.
Thanks and Let's Gooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2018, 07:03 AM

4 Days Until #17 WVU vs. Tennessee

I don't know about you all, but I am about to lose all control of myself in excitement for football season! What a great opening weekend we will have in store, with great match-ups all across the country. West Virginia will be in the mix of it all with its neutral site opener verse the Vols. I am a little nervous about our linebackers, but other than that we will have a stout team I feel. I heard that Tennessee is having some depth issues among their defensive backs, and even had to switch a running back to the defensive side of the ball. If that is the case, our offense should be able to score quick and often. We have great wide outs, decent running backs, an experienced offensive line, and arguably the best QB in the country! If our defense can amount some stops verse an iffy Vol offensive scheme, then we should be able to win by multiple scores! I am more optimistic about our chances now, but I am not counting the chickens before they hatch just yet. We still have a lot to prove.

Also, forgot to mention that we have two (yes I repeat 2!!!) AP preseason first team All-Americans in Will Grier and David Sills! That doesn't happen too often in Morgantown, and I believe the last time two selected preseason were Remington Award winner Dan Moses and Super Steve Slaton. Both were part of a golden era for West Virginia Football! If Grier and Sills can play at a level that they are capable of, then we are in for an exciting season.

WVUSports released this video, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtLHd9mufEs

Old 09-01-2018, 10:37 AM

It’s Gameday!!!!

Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38-24 Mountaineers

Old 09-01-2018, 06:26 PM

Final: WVU wins 40-14!!!!!
Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Great win today verse Tennessee, who might be down but is still an SEC team with ballers! Grier put on a clinic today with over 400 yards and 5 TD passes! The defense even looked good! Let’s celebrate tonight, and get ready for next week tomorrow! We have 11 more to go!

Old 09-01-2018, 08:30 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,608,709 times
Quote:
Final: WVU wins 40-14!!!!!
Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Great win today verse Tennessee, who might be down but is still an SEC team with ballers! Grier put on a clinic today with over 400 yards and 5 TD passes! The defense even looked good! Let’s celebrate tonight, and get ready for next week tomorrow! We have 11 more to go!
Great game! Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football