Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 09:14 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times

Advertisements

Week 9

#7 TCU (7-0)(4-0 conf) @ West Virginia (3-4)(1-3 conf)

Saturday // 12:00 PM Eastern/11:00 AM Central // ESPN

All time series: 7-4 in favor of the Mountaineers!

Game Overview:

TCU is coming in as the hottest team in the Big 12, and one of the best offenses in the nation. The Horned Frogs are undefeated, and have shown that they are the best team in the conference this year. Meanwhile, the Mountaineers are coming off the most embarrassing loss of the season, a 48-10 beatdown in Lubbock. West Virginia's offense played their worst game of the season, turning the ball over 4 times! The defense was their usual, and couldn't stop a 2 legged sloth!

The Horned Frogs have high aspirations now, and I believe are ready to do whatever is necessary to make a title run! The Mountaineers are hurting, and are just trying to scrape enough people together to make it a competitive game on their home turf.

Last years game:

West Virginia 29-17

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqaLY21uWHU

Uniforms:

Traditional
Blue Helmet, Blue Jersey, Gold Pants

My Prediction:

Normally this would be the kind of game that West Virginia would show up for. The stage is set for a massive upset. However, this years team cannot keep up with such a high powered offense like TCU. Our defense will not be able to stop them, and TCU's defense is good enough to stop the inconsistent WVU offense. I don't really expect this one to be close, and this is the first game all season that I am not picking the eers.

Score Prediction:

TCU 45 - WVU 24

I hope I'm wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 08:33 AM

It's very difficult to find the motivation to post about the EERS. They are a huge mess, and Coach Brown is about ready to get kicked to the curb. If that happens, next season will likely be a lost cause. The recruits that WVU has committed now will change their mind, and many will bolt via the transfer portal. The team is looking at a total rebuild.

In the event that he stays, I can't see them going bowling next year either. They open up at Penn State, and have 5 conference road games (TBD with new teams).

So the question is, does the university pull the cord now while there's some time get a new guy in and hopefully maintain some recruits? I say there's no sense in waiting. His buyout drops from $20 mil to $16 mil after Jan. 1st. That's not a significant enough difference to sway the administration from acting soon. I get the idea of giving him one more game. But if West Virginia gets obliterated by OU, then he certainly doesn't deserve to stay until the end of the year.

Personally, he is a fantastic man! But you can't pay the guy $4 mil a year for the results we've seen!

Old 11-14-2022, 12:49 PM

Couple things:

1: The Mountaineers were able to beat Oklahoma on Saturday 23-20, on a walk-off field goal. This was the first victory over the Sooners since the Mountaineers joined the Big 12 in 2012. Kicker Casey Legg and QB Garrett Green will go down in WV history forever! Nobody will care that OU is bad this year! People will look back on this game in a similar (albeit less significant) manner that the fans views WVU's victory over Penn State years ago. Penn State had a huge win streak over West Virginia until 1984. The monkey is finally off the university's back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-C0S8uyegg

2: AD Shane Lyons got the axe today! This was fairly surprising news that this is happening right after a big football victory. However, it's been a hot button issue. This will surely spell doom for Neal Brown. I think the only thing that will save his job is winning the last 2 games.

President Gee claims that the university is moving quickly in finding a new AD (3-4 weeks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLDXbJHNLs

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...amid-struggles

https://wvmetronews.com/2022/11/14/w...d-shane-lyons/

Old 11-24-2022, 09:39 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
I would not be surprised to see Neal Brown out after the season.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I would not be surprised to see Neal Brown out after the season.
Last week I would have thought the same thing, but honestly they may retain him. Firing him right now before signing day would be a huge problem. WVU will likely bring in a top 40 class, which is good considering how mediocre they have been in football these past four seasons. Neal Brown would have a lot coming back next year (excluding a massive loss to the transfer portal). I bet the new AD will keep him, and if he starts off next season on a poor footing they will can him early.

I personally think he is a great man and leader. However, results indicate that he's not cut out for coaching in Morgantown. It's a difficult place to win at, but not impossible. West Virginia has been on the verge of greatness in recent history, yet can never seem to get over the hump. The right coach can and will succeed here. I just don't believe its Brown.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:23 AM

The 2023 Football Schedule has finally been released. West Virginia will play all four newbies to the conference. They will not play Texas, Iowa State, Kansas, or Kansas State.

M initial thought is that the home games are all winnable, and the road games will be difficult.

Image from WVU Football Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=wvu%20football

Old 08-03-2023, 05:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F87LwtvaPmg

One month away!

Old 08-03-2023, 07:22 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
^^^^Not even a WVU fan but that video is getting me hyped up for college football.

Old 08-19-2023, 07:54 AM

2 weeks away!

Nobody is a bigger underdog this year than West Virginia!

-Picked to finish last in the Big 12
-3rd toughest schedule in FBS
-one of only a small handful of schools playing 11 power 5 opponents
-playing at Penn State to open the year
-coaches job on the line!

West Virginians are use to being the underdogs! That’s when we thrive!

Let’s gooo!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1hYTg...YWxsIDIwMjM%3D

Old 08-19-2023, 08:02 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
2 weeks away!

Nobody is a bigger underdog this year than West Virginia!

-Picked to finish last in the Big 12
-3rd toughest schedule in FBS
-one of only a small handful of schools playing 11 power 5 opponents
-playing at Penn State to open the year
-coaches job on the line!

West Virginians are use to being the underdogs! That’s when we thrive!

Let’s gooo!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1hYTg...YWxsIDIwMjM%3D
Best wishes to you guys this year. I hope you prove all the doubters wrong. Coming from a Pitt fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football