U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:53 PM

3,988 posts, read 3,645,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The Tide looks about unbeatable.
This from a Big Ten fan and not at all a Tide fan.
I am just not sure anybody can stop them as roll tide appears to be rolling.
But, who have they rolled? FSU, yes. Vandy , yea. Fresno State, yep. Colorado State, yes. Ole Miss, yes. Arkansas, surely. Vols, not yet, but they will. By the time they play Georgia in the SECCG, they haven't really been tested.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:00 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,769,426 times
after we beat everybody we play the question will still be "" well !!! who have they played ? "

Old 10-04-2017, 07:47 PM

9,449 posts, read 7,128,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
after we beat everybody we play the question will still be "" well !!! who have they played ? "
You beat Georgia.. That's a quality win. Beat Auburn, that actually looks like it'll be a quality win (I wouldn't have said that after the Clemson game!)

I won't say that Alabama struggled with FSU.. There's not enough to say. But, seeing how FSU has played since.. I wouldn't count that as a quality win.

The Auburn game will be where Alabama gets any respect from me. They win that.. They get some. But.. That's still 7 weeks or so away.

The problem here is that Alabama's schedule is filled with such crap.. They HAVE to go undefeated to make the playoffs, I think.

They lose to Auburn.. Odds are, they don't win the west and they don't play in the SEC championship. I expect Auburn to lose to UGA. But, if they then beat Alabama.. It's Georgia vs Auburn. They lose the SEC Championship.. Depends on what other teams do.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,021,400 times
All right, y'all. Time for Week 6 picks. Here are the games for this week.

(15) Louisville vs. NC State
Memphis vs. Connecticut
Boise State vs. BYU
Temple vs. East Carolina
Ole Miss vs. (18) Auburn
Illinois vs. Iowa
(3) Penn State vs. Northwestern
(6) Georgia vs. Vanderbilt
Duke vs. Virginia
Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse
LSU vs. (22) Florida
Air Force vs. Navy
(24) Notre Dame vs. North Carolina
Minnesota vs. Purdue
(20) West Virginia vs. (8) TCU
(14) Miami vs. Florida State
Arkansas vs. South Carolina
SMU vs. Houston
Kansas State vs. Texas
(2) Alabama vs. Texas A&M
Missouri vs. Kentucky
Michigan State vs. (10) Michigan
UCF vs. Cincinnati
(9) Wisconsin vs. Nebraska
Arizona vs. Colorado
(5) Washington State vs. (23) Oregon
(25) Stanford vs. (17) Utah
Cal vs. (4) Washington

Pick Overall Record: 73-36
Pick Record Last Week: 14-6

Here are my picks.
Louisville vs. NC State (I think NC State takes this one. Louisville's defense has not looked the best this season, and you know how games in Carter-Finley go when Top 25 teams go to play there...watch for this to be a shootout, though.)
Memphis vs. Connecticut (Man, UConn...y'all are not in the best shape right now. I'll take Memphis here. I think they bounce back from the embarrassing loss to UCF.)
Boise State vs. BYU (Man, BYU is bad...)
Temple vs. East Carolina (East Carolina will win more than one game this year, mark it down. And i think they get their second here.)
Ole Miss vs. Auburn (Honestly, from what i've seen of Ole Miss...there's no excuse for Auburn to lose this game. I'd damn near hand Gus his pink-slip if he loses this game.)
Illinois vs. Iowa (I'll take Iowa against a not very good Illinois team.)
Penn State vs. Northwestern (Penn State on the road. Northwestern might keep it close, but i don't see them upsetting the Nittany Lions.)
Georgia vs. Vanderbilt (This ain't the Mark Richt teams of Georgia's past that would blow games like this. Kirby Smart has changed things in Athens, and they will roll Vandy.)
Duke vs. Virginia (Even after the 31-6 loss to Miami, i still think Duke's decent...i see them winning this one.)
Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse (Pittsburgh is not very good this year...)
LSU vs. Florida (I'm still confident that Florida will win this one...even though Del Rio's injured, y'all have to remember that Franks has a cannon arm.)
Air Force vs. Navy (Guessing pick here.)
Notre Dame vs. North Carolina (Irish will win this one. Tar Heels suck this season.)
Minnesota vs. Purdue (Another tossup pick. I was gonna go with Minnesota, but if Maryland can beat them with their 3rd or 4th-string QB, then why can't Purdue beat 'em?)
West Virginia vs. TCU (You're telling me we actually have teams in this conference that can play defense? Give me TCU in this one, then.)
Miami vs. Florida State (Look...i know that Miami should win this, with how FSU's looked. But i've just got a feeling that FSU is gonna pull this off at home...)
Arkansas vs. South Carolina (Battle of two lower-tier SEC teams...give me the Hogs in this one.)
SMU vs. Houston (Man, has Houston taken steps back after Herman left...and SMU looks a lot better. Give me the Ponies.)
Kansas State vs. Texas (I think Herman can turn us back into contenders...but this season, after what i saw against Iowa State, i feel like we'll be lucky to get in a bowl...)
Alabama vs. Texas A&M (This is gonna be another one of those 40-50+ point massacres that Alabama's been doing recently...)
Missouri vs. Kentucky (Kentucky will win this one. And quite easily, too. Missouri is the worst team in the SEC.)
Michigan State vs. Michigan (Michigan hasn't been very impressive this year, but they'll take this one.)
UCF vs. Cincinnati (Two years ago, UCF went 0-12. Now they're ranked in the AP poll, and could have their best team to date.)
Wisconsin vs. Nebraska (Badgers will not be tested until November...maybe not even until the B1G title.)
Arizona vs. Colorado (Well, Rich Rod, it's been fun...but i think your time is up at Arizona.)
Washington State vs. Oregon (Cougars! Mike Leach has got them up and going this year...there is the very real chance of an 11-0 Apple Cup between both teams.)
Stanford vs. Utah (Although Stanford looks better, i think the Utes win this one.)
Cal vs. Washington (Easy win for the Huskies.)

Old 10-05-2017, 11:06 AM

7,601 posts, read 4,033,357 times
I wouldn't be surprised if UGA lost at Vandy this weekend. I'm not sold on their QB.

I think Lville beats NCSU pretty easily.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:42 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,508,554 times
Busy next couple of days so let me pick the 3 to Friday, and I'll update last week's total and pick the rest sometime before noon on Saturday.

(15) Louisville vs. NC State. NC State is pretty good, I agree with SouthernTiger, they get the win at home. Week night, primetime game at home, give me the home team 95% of the time, and the home team 100% of the team when the teams are close matchups wise like these 2 teams are.
Memphis vs. Connecticut. Woof! 4 more weeks till basketball season starts for us here in Connecticut. Memphis should bounce back after the embarrassingly bad game @ UCF, if they don't it could come spiraling downhill quickly for them.
Boise State vs. BYU. Talk about a team that is bad...and I actually picked them week 1 to win @ LSU

Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 AM

3,815 posts, read 6,544,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You beat Georgia.. That's a quality win. Beat Auburn, that actually looks like it'll be a quality win (I wouldn't have said that after the Clemson game!)

I won't say that Alabama struggled with FSU.. There's not enough to say. But, seeing how FSU has played since.. I wouldn't count that as a quality win.

The Auburn game will be where Alabama gets any respect from me. They win that.. They get some. But.. That's still 7 weeks or so away.

The problem here is that Alabama's schedule is filled with such crap.. They HAVE to go undefeated to make the playoffs, I think.

They lose to Auburn.. Odds are, they don't win the west and they don't play in the SEC championship. I expect Auburn to lose to UGA. But, if they then beat Alabama.. It's Georgia vs Auburn. They lose the SEC Championship.. Depends on what other teams do.
That was first game jitters Alabama always play like that the first game every season. The first game Alabama team is always different than the mid to last season Alabama team.That's every season, When Clemson struggled with Troy state the same team that beat LSU did that determine what they were capable of doing ? Of course not because the same Clemson team that struggled with Troy state was not the same team that faced Alabama. You are wondering will Alabama make the play offs.Maybe, maybe not but what I do know is that they would do the same thing in any other conference.Rightfully so I will say that Auburn maybe Alabama's toughest challenge before the SEC championship.Clemson only beat them by a touchdown and it was Clemson's lowest scoring game of the season so far.And how things are looking AUBURN may be Clemson's toughest challenge of the season pre playoffs.

Last edited by PortCity; 10-06-2017 at 10:32 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 12:54 PM

9,449 posts, read 7,128,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
That was first game jitters Alabama always play like that the first game every season. The first game Alabama team is always different than the mid to last season Alabama team.That's every season, When Clemson struggled with Troy state the same team that beat LSU did that determine what they were capable of doing ? Of course not because the same Clemson team that struggled with Troy state was not the same team that faced Alabama. You are wondering will Alabama make the play offs.Maybe, maybe not but what I do know is that they would do the same thing in any other conference.Rightfully so I will say that Auburn maybe Alabama's toughest challenge before the SEC championship.Clemson only beat them by a touchdown and it was Clemson's lowest scoring game of the season so far.And how things are looking AUBURN may be Clemson's toughest challenge of the season pre playoffs.

Clemson's toughest will likely be NC State.. of the games to come.

Point is that Clemson could actually lose to NC State and still make the playoffs. NC State isn't a top 25 team, but (oh, wait, forgot.. They are ranked this week).. Clemson has a resume built up before them with 3 top-15 teams defeated. If they were to lose to NC State, they MIGHT not even drop out of the top 4, similar to their loss against Pitt last year.

Alabama.. First off... If they were to lose to A&M.. They would take a hit, but should be able to climb back.. But does anyone really expect them to lose to A&M? Is there a game that you think there's ANY chance of Alabama losing prior to Auburn? Of course, anything can happen.. but I have no doubt that Alabama is undefeated by the time they play Auburn. Let's assume Georgia wins the East, which.. I think right now is a pretty fair bet. Does Alabama have the resume to get into the playoffs having a loss? That's my question, and.. I don't know.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:32 PM

5,093 posts, read 6,872,399 times
Good luck to all the teams out there this weekend!

Except Pitt (#eatsh**pitt)

and TCU,

Let's Goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2017, 02:43 PM

3,815 posts, read 6,544,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Clemson's toughest will likely be NC State.. of the games to come.

Point is that Clemson could actually lose to NC State and still make the playoffs. NC State isn't a top 25 team, but (oh, wait, forgot.. They are ranked this week).. Clemson has a resume built up before them with 3 top-15 teams defeated. If they were to lose to NC State, they MIGHT not even drop out of the top 4, similar to their loss against Pitt last year.

Alabama.. First off... If they were to lose to A&M.. They would take a hit, but should be able to climb back.. But does anyone really expect them to lose to A&M? Is there a game that you think there's ANY chance of Alabama losing prior to Auburn? Of course, anything can happen.. but I have no doubt that Alabama is undefeated by the time they play Auburn. Let's assume Georgia wins the East, which.. I think right now is a pretty fair bet. Does Alabama have the resume to get into the playoffs having a loss? That's my question, and.. I don't know.
I will admit that Clemson's schedule is harder but just as I have said before.Alabama would be Alabama in any conference.Just as I'm sure Clemson and Ohio would be who they are in any conference.

Last edited by PortCity; 10-06-2017 at 03:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or