U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 05:27 AM

7,583 posts, read 4,003,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. Clemson is just finishing up a home and away series against Auburn..

Before that, it was Georgia.

Before that, Auburn

Now.. Clemson is getting burned the next 2 years.. They've scheduled a one and one against Oregon. Back 3 years ago when the ink was drying on this.. It looked good. Not so much now.

Where are you getting Oregon is scheduled to play Clemson? Looking at Clemson's future schedules, I don't see Oregon on there. They have Texas A&M home and away next two years and then are at ND.

Clemson Tigers Football Schedules | Future

Old 11-01-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'd still keep Bama as No. 1. People can complain all they want about the competition they're playing against, but the fact of the matter is that Saban is able to get his players motivated to stomp out that competition week after week. We don't see too many surprise Alabama losses. Bama has been so dominant for so long that they deserve every benefit of the doubt.

In theory, ND shouldn't be ahead of Clemson or Ohio State. It's possible that favorable institutional bias could get them into the Top 4, however. Here are my Top 4.

Alabama - Undefeated. Obvious.

Georgia - Undefeated. Signature win over ND. Obvious.

Ohio State - Signature win over PSU. Media/institutional bias will work in their favor. "Better" loss than Clemson.

Clemson - Probably the best resume of the Top 4. Defending champs bias. QB was injured in Cuse loss.
Everybody says the lost to Syracuse is a bad loss but I think Cuse's QB is one of the best in the country this year, and he is the best dual threat QB that I can recall Clemson playing in recent years. I would take Cuse's QB over the QB on AL, UGA, and ND.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:46 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,614 times
All right, y'all. Time for Week 10 picks. Here are the games for this week.

Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan
Northern Illinois vs. Toledo
Navy vs. Temple
Marshall vs. Florida Atlantic
UCLA vs. Utah
(8) Penn State vs. Michigan State
Baylor vs. Kansas
Florida vs. Missouri
(18) Auburn vs. Texas A&M
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech
Syracuse vs. Florida State
Georgia Tech vs. Virginia
South Carolina vs. (2) Georgia
(6) Clemson vs. (23) NC State
(14) Iowa State vs. West Virginia
Northwestern vs. Nebraska
(19) Stanford vs. (24) Washington State
Ole Miss vs. Kentucky
(10) Oklahoma vs. (9) Oklahoma State
Colorado State vs. Wyoming
(17) UCF vs. SMU
Texas vs. (12) TCU
Southern Miss vs. Tennessee
(13) Virginia Tech vs. (7) Miami
(16) LSU vs. (1) Alabama
Colorado vs. Arizona State
(22) Arizona vs. (15) USC

Pick Overall Record: 150-71
Pick Record Last Week: 18-10

Here are my picks.
Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan (Broncos at home.)
Northern Illinois vs. Toledo (Huskies don't convince me...Toledo big at home.)
Navy vs. Temple (Temple's offense ain't good...)
Marshall vs. Florida Atlantic (Tossup pick.)
UCLA vs. Utah (This is also a tossup...i'm surprised with Utah this year. I thought they'd be better than 4-4.)
Penn State vs. Michigan State (I expect an easy win for the Nittany Lions in this one...)
Baylor vs. Kansas (This is where Baylor will get their first win, mark it down. This is the worst Kansas team in a long time, even worse than the winless 2015 team.)
Florida vs. Missouri (With everything going on in Gainesville, i'm taking Mizzou here.)
Auburn vs. Texas A&M (Aggies won't provide any challenge for Auburn whatsoever. Sumlin's not as safe as you think he is, and i honestly think there's a real chance Aggies finish 6-6. There is no excuse for Auburn or for Gus if they drop this game.)
Kansas State vs. Texas Tech (I don't even know here, because they're both not good.)
Syracuse vs. Florida State (Again, i don't know...never thought i'd ever be picking Syracuse over Florida State, but here we are.)
Georgia Tech vs. Virginia (I'll take the Yellow Jackets in Charlottesville.)
South Carolina vs. Georgia (Georgia should win easily, but South Carolina usually plays them real well, 2003 and 2015 being anomalies. Still taking Georgia here, though...i don't think the Gamecocks have the talent to compete with Georgia, and if they do compete, it'll be early, then Georgia will pull away.)
Clemson vs. NC State (I'll take Clemson in Carter-Finley.)
Iowa State vs. West Virginia (The Cyclone Apocalypse that everyone in the Big 12 has feared, finally arrived this year.)
Northwestern vs. Nebraska (Nebraska struggled to beat Purdue, who lost to Rutgers...do you really think they're going to beat Northwestern at home?)
Stanford vs. Washington State (Going to be one of the better games to watch this week. Wazzu in a tossup.)
Ole Miss vs. Kentucky (I'm sure i'm gonna be proven wrong about this pick...i'll take the Cats in a close one, though.)
Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State (Sorry, Pokes. But i really can't see you winning Bedlam this year...Baker Mayfield has owned y'all the past 2 or 3 years, and i don't see it changing this year.)
Colorado State vs. Wyoming (Rams on the road.)
UCF vs. SMU (I think the Knight train keeps on rolling...SMU might keep it close, but fall short in the end.)
Texas vs. TCU (Frogs have had their way with us the past 3 years, and i don't see things changing this year. Thank god we beat Baylor last week, because that helps with our bowl eligibility hopes.)
Southern Miss vs. Tennessee (Yes. I'm actually serious with this pick, even though Southern Miss got hammered by UAB last week at home.)
Virginia Tech vs. Miami (Miami's about to get exposed for the paper tiger they've been all year.)
LSU vs. Alabama (Nick Saban owns LSU...and while Alabama's schedule has been weak, they should win this one easily, as it's at home. If it were on the road, i think LSU would test them real well...but at Bryant-Denny, no.)
Colorado vs. Arizona State (#Pac12afterdark)
Arizona vs. USC (Welp, USC has turned out to be over-rated...big time. i'm still going with Arizona, and the Khalil Tate train. USC's win over Arizona State effectively knocked the Sun Devils out of the Pac-12 South title, so this game will most likely decide the South.)

Old 11-01-2017, 08:57 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,762,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
here`s how it`s gunna go down .. Bama will still be # 1 at then end of the regular season .. Georgia will be # 2 .. Bama will beat Georgia in the SEC championship game .. Georgia will slip to # 4 .. Bama will beat them again in a playoff game and it wont matter who they play in the championship ....Penn state aint gunna beat a real team ... TCU aint gunna beat a team with a defense .. Wisconsin is gunna be Wisconsin again .. not win a big game ...
well the Penn state and the TCU thing i nailed in the head .. i just missed the Georgia jumping over Bama in the poll thing but i think it will right itself after a few more games ... kinda odd that Georgia is # 1 to the committee but Bama is a 10 point favorite should they meet ...

Old 11-01-2017, 10:47 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
well the Penn state and the TCU thing i nailed in the head .. i just missed the Georgia jumping over Bama in the poll thing but i think it will right itself after a few more games ... kinda odd that Georgia is # 1 to the committee but Bama is a 10 point favorite should they meet ...
My guess is that the committee isn't the one which applies the odds, betting lines or point spreads.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:00 AM

My predicted upsets:

West Virginia over Iowa State
Texas AM over Auburn
Michigan State over PSU

Texas knocking off TCU wouldn't surprise me as well but don't feel confident either way.

I think MIami beats Va Tech. Tech's freshman QB first tough game on the road against a good defense.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,086,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Where are you getting Oregon is scheduled to play Clemson? Looking at Clemson's future schedules, I don't see Oregon on there. They have Texas A&M home and away next two years and then are at ND.

Clemson Tigers Football Schedules | Future

Ok.. here's apparently where my confusion came in..

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...2019-schedule/

So, apparently A&M was scheduled to play Oregon, and replaced them with Clemson.

Somehow that lodged in my mind that Clemson was playing Oregon.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:01 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Arizona vs. USC (Welp, USC has turned out to be over-rated...big time. i'm still going with Arizona, and the Khalil Tate train. USC's win over Arizona State effectively knocked the Sun Devils out of the Pac-12 South title, so this game will most likely decide the South.)
while i am hoping that arizona beats usc on saturday, i suspect that usc will win that game, but i think it will be a close one.

but lets say arizona does win, we still have to play both oregon schools and asu. so in order to wint the south arizona is going to have to win out.

after arizona, usc only has colorado and ucla left, so they have a much easier path at this point.

remember on occasion arizona has a bit of a habit of beating ranked teams, only to turn around and lose to bottom feeders, of which both oregon schools are this season.

and dont forget that asu isnt out just yet, granted hey have to win out, and beating arizona is going to be tough, they still have an outside chance at winning the south as they only have two conference losses.

in the end i think arizona goes 3-1 the rest of the season, thus ending up at 9-3 for the season and perhaps getting the holiday bow, sun bowl, foster farms bowl.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:23 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while i am hoping that arizona beats usc on saturday, i suspect that usc will win that game, but i think it will be a close one.

but lets say arizona does win, we still have to play both oregon schools and asu. so in order to wint the south arizona is going to have to win out.

after arizona, usc only has colorado and ucla left, so they have a much easier path at this point.

remember on occasion arizona has a bit of a habit of beating ranked teams, only to turn around and lose to bottom feeders, of which both oregon schools are this season.

and dont forget that asu isnt out just yet, granted hey have to win out, and beating arizona is going to be tough, they still have an outside chance at winning the south as they only have two conference losses.

in the end i think arizona goes 3-1 the rest of the season, thus ending up at 9-3 for the season and perhaps getting the holiday bow, sun bowl, foster farms bowl.
Sounds closer to my thoughts as well, rbohm.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:03 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
Pretty good week 22-6 brings me to 141-63 on the year.

Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan. Broncos win the directional Michigan matchup.
Northern Illinois vs. Toledo. Rockets at home.
Navy vs. Temple. Got to like Navy and the option offense.
Marshall vs. Florida Atlantic. No clue about this game.
UCLA vs. Utah. Utes to bounce back at home.

I'll get the rest in later this week, but wanted to get these in first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or