U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 01:07 PM

447 posts, read 471,187 times

Advertisements

I'm sure that I am not alone in waiting for UGA to throw up all over themselves one of these weekends, it just seems to be in their DNA. But I'm beginning to think that Kirby may have changed the culture, much like Dabo did at Clemson. Time will tell...

Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
I'm sure that I am not alone in waiting for UGA to throw up all over themselves one of these weekends, it just seems to be in their DNA. But I'm beginning to think that Kirby may have changed the culture, much like Dabo did at Clemson. Time will tell...
Dabo threw up on himself a few times before Clemson learned how to win the big games...

Old 11-08-2017, 11:24 AM

3,968 posts, read 3,631,468 times
Georgia hasn't been in the position, to where they had to throw the ball. That being said, can they?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:07 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times
All right, y'all. Time for Week 11 picks. Here are the games for this week.

(25) Toledo vs. Ohio
Temple vs. Cincinnati
(8) Washington vs. Stanford
BYU vs. UNLV
Duke vs. Army
(20) Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech
(18) Michigan State vs. (13) Ohio State
Florida vs. South Carolina
(15) Oklahoma State vs. (24) Iowa State
Nebraska vs. Minnesota
Wake Forest vs. Syracuse
SMU vs. Navy
(2) Georgia vs. (12) Aubrun
West Virginia vs. Kansas State
Iowa vs. (4) Wisconsin
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt
(10) USC vs. Colorado
(19) Washington State vs. Utah
(1) Alabama vs. (21) Mississippi State
Tennessee vs. Missouri
(3) Notre Dame vs. (5) Miami
(9) TCU vs. (7) Oklahoma
Arizona State vs. UCLA
Wyoming vs. Air Force
Boise State vs. Colorado State

Pick Overall Record: 165-83
Pick Record Last Week: 15-12

Here are my picks.
Toledo vs. Ohio (Rockets on the road.)
Temple vs. Cincinnati (Don't even know here...)
Washington vs. Stanford (Huskies should win this one...)
BYU vs. UNLV (I never thought i'd ever be picking UNLV of all teams to beat BYU. And here we are.)
Duke vs. Army (Tossup...i think Duke's a little better, though.)
Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech (I'm not all that impressed with VT's offense...)
Michigan State vs. Ohio State (I just don't see Ohio State losing 2 games straight.)
Florida vs. South Carolina (Not getting any better for the Gators, i'm afraid.)
Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State (The state of Iowa does not give a flying **** about your team's season this year...despite that, i'm taking Okie State in this one.)
Nebraska vs. Minnesota (Another tossup...)
Wake Forest vs. Syracuse (Did Wake finally get an offense?)
SMU vs. Navy (Gonna give a slight advantage to Navy in this one.)
Georgia vs. Auburn (Georgia should win this one...knowing how they've been in the past, though, they'll probably end up dropping a game, and this, outside of the SEC Championship, is the most likely one.)
West Virginia vs. Kansas State (Gonna give a slight advantage to the Mountaineers in this one...)
Iowa vs. Wisconsin (Yes, Iowa beat Ohio State 55-24 last week...but you have to realize we're talking about Iowa here. A team that beats Ohio State 55-24, but lost to Northwestern in OT and only put up 17 on Minnesota. I'm taking the Badgers here.)
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt (Kentucky on the road...Vandy will not be in a bowl this year.)
USC vs. Colorado (Colorado's defense ain't very good...)
Washington State vs. Utah (Another game i had a hard time deciding on who to pick, but in the end, i went with the Cougars.)
Alabama vs. Mississippi State (Tide keep rolling on like they always do. Plus, if State's performances against UGA and Auburn were any indication, Bama should have no problem whatsoever handing State.)
Tennessee vs. Missouri (Hey, at least Tennessee can win their non-conference games...4-8 is a real possibility for Tennessee this year.)
Notre Dame vs. Miami (Either Notre Dame's defense is not as good as it looks, or Wake found lightning in a bottle at offense...regardless, i'm going to give a slight edge to Miami in this year's edition of Catholics vs. Convicts.)
TCU vs. Oklahoma (I'm aware that Oklahoma has Baker Mayfield and plenty of good receivers, but TCU's defense is damn good...i'll take them on the road in Norman.)
Arizona State vs. UCLA (Holy crap, UCLA's defense is terrible...)
Wyoming vs. Air Force (Late night tossup...Falcons in a close one.)
Boise State vs. Colorado State (Also didn't know who to pick here.)

Old 11-08-2017, 01:09 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,326,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Georgia hasn't been in the position, to where they had to throw the ball. That being said, can they?
During this season, they've effectively thrown the ball when they needed to do so, but with their running back corps so talented, there hasn't been much need for a passing game. That being said, Jake Fromm had a pretty darn good game against South Carolina this past weekend. Auburn will be a huge test for the Bulldogs, but Georgia has so many offensive weapons and a steady enough defense that I feel confident they will beat Auburn by two or more scores and play a very good game against Alabama.

So far, Fromm has a 63% completion rate and is averaging 9.7 yards per completion. That's pretty good I think.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:17 PM

28,244 posts, read 26,214,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
So far, Fromm has a 63% completion rate and is averaging 9.7 yards per completion. That's pretty good I think.
I didn't mean to imply that he was trash or something. I think he is good and especially so for a freshman. I just think Bama has its way with run-dominant teams. The teams that have given Bama the most fits in recent years have had excellent passing attacks (Clemson, Ole Miss, Texas A&M w/ Manziel) or good dual threat QBs (Clemson, OSU in 2014).

Fromm is more of a traditional pocket passer, and has not proven to be an elite one yet, so I can see a Bama-Georgia game playing out much like any other game where they shut down the run and then tee off on the QB.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I didn't mean to imply that he was trash or something. I think he is good and especially so for a freshman. I just think Bama has its way with run-dominant teams. The teams that have given Bama the most fits in recent years have had excellent passing attacks (Clemson, Ole Miss, Texas A&M w/ Manziel) or good dual threat QBs (Clemson, OSU in 2014).

Fromm is more of a traditional pocket passer, and has not proven to be an elite one yet, so I can see a Bama-Georgia game playing out much like any other game where they shut down the run and then tee off on the QB.
Oh, I didn't read anything negative into your comments at all! Unfortunately, the logical half of me has to agree with your prediction. The emotional half? Well, let me just say, "Go Dawgs!"

Old 11-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Oh, I didn't read anything negative into your comments at all! Unfortunately, the logical half of me has to agree with your prediction. The emotional half? Well, let me just say, "Go Dawgs!"
LOL. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see the Dawgs pull off the upset. However, I feel like Saban is going to load the box and force Fromm to throw. Minkah Fitzpatrick and that secondary thrive off of tricking QBs into making mistakes.

Anything can happen though. That's why games are played on the field and not in C-D sports forums.

BTW, how does Georgia lose both Deshaun Watson and this new guy going to Clemson when both grew up in Georgia? That is 100% unacceptable.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
BTW, how does Georgia lose both Deshaun Watson and this new guy going to Clemson when both grew up in Georgia? That is 100% unacceptable.
Something tells me that's a part of the reason why Mark Richt is now in Miami. Right recruited some outstanding players, but missed the boat on some home grown folks, unlike Kirby Smart seems to be doing.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Looks like UGA has signed what may turn out to be the next Deshaun Watson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaiT5tMQPdQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or