Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 07:13 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
umm .. still support the committee ?
Hoss, I was explaining to you that the committee has nothing to do with point spreads which was YOUR concern. I stated that ONLY Las Vegas and other bookmakers do point spreads.

The committee is the process which we've ALL been given. We have no choice but to accept what the committee does -- right or wrong.

The committee gets together and aligns the Top 25 teams. They give us the Top 4.

You're upset because the committee leap-frogged Alabama with Georgia. Your beef is with the committee.

Got it?

Old 11-11-2017, 07:43 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
and i was explaining to you that the committee got it wrong in every aspect

Old 11-11-2017, 08:09 PM

939 posts, read 505,804 times
And then there were 7.....see ya next year Washington, TCU, and Notre Dame.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:07 PM

9,757 posts, read 7,468,918 times
So here's the week 11 recap:

ACC: Is there any doubt Miami isn't a legitimate threat now?? I think the last 2 weeks have ended all doubt on that front. Both Clemson & Miami should be top 5 ranked next week (if not top 4) and is shaping up to be a winner take all ACC championship game, and which means the ACC should get at least 1 team into the Playoff: The only way I could see where that might be in doubt is if Clemson loses to South Carolina, but then beats Miami.

Big 12: So long TCU. As long as Oklahoma wins their remaining games along with a rematch with TCU or Oklahoma State in Arlington the Sooners WILL be in the playoff.

Big 10: Wisconsin still holding the conference banner and they likely STILL need help to get in. Definitely did not help themselves with their poor OOC schedule. You knew their conference schedule was going to be bad since their division stinks and they didn't have cross over games with Penn State, Ohio State, or Michigan State.

Pac 10: Playoff hopes officially died early in the 4th quarter on Friday night in Stamford, but unofficially died a couple weeks ago when USC got blown out in South Bend by Notre Dame. After that game, I figured the Pac 12 was going to be in trouble.

SEC: Still have 3 teams alive for the playoff, but the 2 teams that played at Auburn on Saturday are trending in different directions. Alabama is safe. Barring an unforeseen loss to their Sun Belt/FCS opponent next weekend they are a lock for the playoffs even IF they lose @ Auburn. In that case, the only thing left to decide is whether the SEC title game winner (between Auburn & Georgia in that case) is joining Alabama in the playoff. So, let's go through Auburn & Georgia. After Saturday's game Auburn is more likely to get in over the Dogs. As I said last weekend if they beat Georgia, Alabama & than Georgia again in Atlanta, even with 2 losses they would be in the playoff. Depending on what happens elsewhere Georgia may get in, but no matter what happens elsewhere IF Auburn beats Alabama & than Georgia again they will be in the playoff. In either case, Auburn & Georgia have no margin of error.

Others: Notre Dame. Enjoy your BCS bowl Irish. Try again next year.

My projected rankings:
#1) Alabama
#2) Oklahoma
#3) Clemson
#4 ) Miami.
Just missing the cut
#5) Auburn
#6) Georgia
#7) Notre Dame
#8) Wisconsin

Alabama is the clear #1 team in college football. I have Oklahoma slightly above Clemson due to their schedule, but 2 vs. 3 really doesn't matter in the long run. I want to put Auburn #4 but I couldn't do it for 2 reasons: #1) Miami is undefeated, while Auburn has 2 losses, and #2) Auburn has that ghastly loss to LSU in which they blew a 20-0 lead. The first ranking proved the head-to-head mattered which is why I had Auburn above Georgia (head to head win) and Georgia above Notre Dame (head-to-head win). The Wisconsin schedule still stinks. The Iowa win is OK, but unfortunately it's not Oklahoma @ Ohio State, or Auburn vs. Georgia good, and Michigan is OK too, but they sure as hell aren't great either. And likely playing a 2 loss Ohio State in the Big 10 championship game unfortunately isn't going to be all that great for them either. It will suck for Wisconsin going 13-0 and missing the playoff but they probably need Auburn to lose to Alabama, Georgia to lose to either Georgia Tech or Alabama, and than Stanford to beat Notre Dame because even if Auburn & Georgia lose I would probably STILL take a 2 loss ND over an undefeated Wisconsin just because the schedule was so much better.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:16 AM

Notre Dame looked so out of their league and I just would be shocked if they were ranked ahead of Wisconsin. That would create a furor. We all know Wisconsin hasn't beaten anyone better than Iowa, but a two loss ND team coupled with the way they loss and really, while they have beaten several good teams, I wouldn't call any pf Notre Dame's wins "signature" either. This should be at some point too about who you think is the better team and not what athletic director scheduled the most competitive schedule.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:11 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
17-8 on picks this week. Here's my Top 25.

#1: Alabama (10-0)
#2: Miami (9-0) +3
#3: Oklahoma (9-1) +4
#4: Wisconsin (10-0)
#5: Auburn (8-2) +7
#6: Clemson (9-1)
#7: USC (9-2) +3
#8: Georgia (9-1) -6
#9: Ohio State (8-2) +4
#10: UCF (9-0) +1
#11: Penn State (8-2) +3
#12: Oklahoma State (8-2) +3
#13: Memphis (8-1) +3
#14: USF (8-1) +3
#15: Notre Dame (8-2) -12
#16: Washington (8-2) -8
#17: Washington State (9-2) +2
#18: TCU (8-2) -9
#19: Stanford (7-3) NEW
#20: LSU (7-3) +2
#21: Michigan (8-2) +2
#22: Boise State (8-2) NEW
#23: West Virginia (7-3) NEW
#24: Mississippi State (7-3) -3
#25: Troy (8-2) NEW

Old 11-12-2017, 06:47 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
^^No way Auburn ends up No. 5...not with two losses AND a head-to-head loss against Clemson.

It's possible Wisconsin ends up No. 4, but I doubt it because of their SOS.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:16 AM

Top 7 is clear cut. That's all that matters, except probably watching Ohio State's need to beat Michigan to best possibly boost Wisconsin's resume should they finish undefeated. In some ways, order does not matter as the SEC remaining games and Miami vs Clemson probably will sort a lot out. Be most curious how far Georgia falls...top 4 still? Perhaps only 6th? 7th would make for interesting discussion, because that would require them falling behind Auburn. Auburn spanked Georgia, but has one more loss in the same conference. But some may not consider Georgia's win at ND all too impressive now, given ND's performance last night. But again, the coming Result or results for Auburn will sort that dilemma out. Georgia or Auburn win out, either would be in. Either lose, they will be out.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:32 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Top 7 is clear cut. That's all that matters, except probably watching Ohio State's need to beat Michigan to best possibly boost Wisconsin's resume should they finish undefeated. In some ways, order does not matter as the SEC remaining games and Miami vs Clemson probably will sort a lot out. Be most curious how far Georgia falls...top 4 still? Perhaps only 6th? 7th would make for interesting discussion, because that would require them falling behind Auburn. Auburn spanked Georgia, but has one more loss in the same conference. But some may not consider Georgia's win at ND all too impressive now, given ND's performance last night. But again, the coming Result or results for Auburn will sort that dilemma out. Georgia or Auburn win out, either would be in. Either lose, they will be out.
That's my thinking right now.

I'd put Georgia at No. 6 behind Wisconsin. Even though they suffered a bad loss, I don't see them tumbling too far from the top. I could see ND ending up around the No. 8-9.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:00 AM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Georgia or Auburn win out, either would be in. Either lose, they will be out.
If Auburn wins out, that means Alabama doesn't play for the SEC Championship.

That's where Alabama's schedule could be trouble.

Right now, my eyes, they have one quality win.. Yesterday over Mississippi State. You can't count that win against FSU and LSU.. kinda bizarre to me that they're ranked.

A case could be made.. Clemson wins out.. Oklahoma wins out, Auburn wins out and Wisconsin wins out.

Who's in?

I would guess in that case Wisconsin would be left out. They will be in the same boat as Alabama with few quality wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football