U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 10:42 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,519,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
It amazes me some times those programs still have been what they have been the past couple of years with those two quarterbacks. Alabama's QB is just terrible every time I see him play. I know its all about the spread offense nowadays, but come on, as some point you have to be able to throw the ball down the field and read coverages some what. With the massive talent Saban has accumulated annually at Alabama, this is the best he can do at QB?
After the game last night, the woman on the field interviewed someone from Auburn's defense, and he gave praise for Alabama's QB, saying he's really good, and really capable of getting some great run plays. I really wanted her to say "you realize he's a quarterback, right?" I was able to cut him some slack last year because he was a freshman, but now? At some point he has to step up if he's going to play for Alabama. There's just no excuse for JT either. Every time he plays in a big game, he's totally useless.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 AM

7,885 posts, read 4,079,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I didn't see Clemson play last night, but I haven't been overly impressed the last six weeks or so when I have seen them. The best teams in the game the past month imo have been Wisconsin and Auburn. I think too Wisconsin is being under-appreciated based on schedule alone, and probably will be a fairly big underdog vs Ohio State, but I think the Badgers win going away. I have to look at the body of work though and at least put Clemson ahead of Auburn due to beating them head-to-head (no matter how long ago) and having one less loss.
I'd personally go..
#1 Wisconsin (I know it won't be the case when they release the rankings Tuesday, and yeah they haven't beaten anyone better than Michigan, but doesn't mean they can't be the best team)
#2 Clemson
#3 Auburn
#4 Oklahoma (I don't forget their bumps in the road for a while after they beat Ohio St, and I still think their defense stinks)
#5 Georgia
#6 Alabama
#7 Miami

Those are the seven alive and the fun thing about the way this panned out, except Alabama, everybody should control their own destiny next weekend. While likely if any one loses next weekend, they are probably out UNLESS of course multiple teams loses- for example, Oklahoma and Wisconsin both lose, but so does Clemson, then Clemson likely stays in the top four.
Neither Auburn or Wisconsin have any good wins on the road. Auburn lost to Clemson and LSU on the road.

Clemson beat four 8 win teams on the road. Two of those teams have two of the best QBs this year, Lamar Jackson and Ryan Finley, both who will have shot in NFL. Clemson's loss was to a team with another NFL prospect, Eric Dungey, and two NFL type WRS, on the road at Syracuse.

Clemson had a lot of injuries on defense that hurt depth, especially in the secondary, in the 5 games or so prior to the SC win last night. They've played WR Ray Ray McCloud at cornerback in some games.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Here are Wisconsin's road wins:

BYU, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota.

None of those teams have a winning record.

3 of them are the bottom 3 in Wisconsin's division, and one is the bottom team in the other big10 division.

I am not sure if Wisconsin even deserves a spot even if they beat OSU, given OSU was blown out twice this year.

I hope that if Clemson makes the playoffs, they get Wisconsin. The Clemson D is going to tee off on that QB.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Neither Auburn or Wisconsin have any good wins on the road. Auburn lost to Clemson and LSU on the road.

Clemson beat four 8 win teams on the road. Two of those teams have two of the best QBs this year, Lamar Jackson and Ryan Finley, both who will have shot in NFL. Clemson's loss was to a team with another NFL prospect, Eric Dungey, and two NFL type WRS, on the road at Syracuse.

Clemson had a lot of injuries on defense that hurt depth, especially in the secondary, in the 5 games or so prior to the SC win last night. They've played WR Ray Ray McCloud at cornerback in some games.
So is Clemson any worse without Watson?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,259,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
There's just no excuse for JT either. Every time he plays in a big game, he's totally useless.
Penn State ?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:49 PM

5,548 posts, read 2,351,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Because ND has a huge following on the East Coast and in Chicago. They probably have the largest nationwide following of any team. There's nothing more the Playoff Committee would want than some combination of ND, OSU/Mich, USC and Alabama/Texas.
Your following doesn't matter much if you perform the el foldo year after year.

Notre Dame just isn't that good of a team.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Penn State ?
Penn State was an overrated 2 team. Their current #10 is a much better estimate. That said, even when he plays good but not great teams like PSU or Wisconsin, he's always falling behind. Sometimes he mounts a comeback, sometimes he doesn't. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence to constantly be playing from behind (even against lousy Michigan yesterday, though he had the knee issue to be fair).

Old 11-26-2017, 02:11 PM

929 posts, read 299,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post

It doesn't matter to me if Auburn or Wisconsin have no quality road wins. This again is just my two cents on who I think currently are the best two teams right now regardless of computer numbers, who beat who head-to-head, etc...

Old 11-26-2017, 03:13 PM

4,917 posts, read 3,994,400 times
The Selection committee will have to spend many hours flipping voins to decide who to send to the playoffs.
CW says Alabama will not be in the mix as they do not get into the SEC Title game, but the way things go, look for them in the final 4 somehow.

As for the rest of the Bowl Games, here area few we know for certain

NATIONAL un-Championship
Ex Lax Toilet Bowl (Coliseum, Oakland)
UTEP vs San Jose State
The winner gets an edible chocolate trophy which will help clean them out and erase any memory of the 2017 season.

Uncle Bens RICE BOWL (Rice Stadium, Houston)
RICE vs KANSAS

Donald Trump "YOU'RE FIRED" Bowl (Now held in Washington DC)
TENNESSEE vs Nebraska
The caveat here is that both teams have to have had a firing sometime during the season

RC Slocum Memorial Crybaby Bowl (Held in college station TX)
Texas State vs Charlotte

New Bowl The Goodnight's Underwear /DEPENDS Bowl (For teams that aren;t sure if they are big enough to be in this league)
BALL STATE vs GEORGIA SOUTHERN

The K MART BOWL (Played in a dirt field somewhere)

TULSA vs KENT STATE

The FORD LEMON BOWL (Detroit)
OREGON vs BAYLOR

And of course the JAMAICA BOWL, because "It's a nice place to visit but I would not want to live there"

HAWAII vs FLORIDA Two nice places to visit........ I will leave it at that.
ENJOY

Old 11-26-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
So is Clemson any worse without Watson?
They are a better rushing team this year. Scoring defense is better as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or