U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 09:15 PM

929 posts, read 297,938 times

Advertisements

[quote=Simpsonvilllian

Moreover, if you believe NCSU was the better team last year, why couldn't they pull out the win in overt[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading at this point. Good grief, my head hurts. And nobody thinks last year's NC State was better than a sandlot team from the Himalayas, nor do they care. Stop making things up nobody ever said.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:16 PM

7,595 posts, read 4,028,148 times
Ok, says the guy who thinks Wisconsin, 98th in passing despite playing one of the weakest schedules of all time, is impressive but last year's Clemson team with Watson looked 'vastly overrated', a team that played FSU, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Auburn, etc. Most sports fans factor in strength of schedule. For me, winning competitive games against good teams is more impressive than beating losing teams by 14-20 points.

Clemson missed two FGs at Syracuse and lost by 3 points but I didn't see anybody use that as an excuse for Clemson.

NCSU has put a ton of QBs into the NFL and Finley will get a shot.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok, says the guy who thinks Wisconsin, 98th in passing despite playing one of the weakest schedules of all time, is impressive but last year's Clemson team with Watson looked 'vastly overrated', a team that played FSU, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Auburn, etc.

Clemson missed two FGs at Syracuse and lost by 3 points but didn't see anybody use that as an excuse for Clemson.
One has nothing to do with the other. Cite all you want stat boy. You can have the crappiest schedule in history, and at the end of day, it doesn't determine who is better than who. Get over your hurt feelings. Clemson could very well win it all again.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:26 PM

Ok, I was responding to your comment that Wisconsin looks more impressive. I'm pointing out that Wisconsin has played a weak schedule.

I could just as easily say you have hurt feelings. I have no obligation to validate your opinions on here. I don't understand why you are getting hostile and referring to be as 'boy'. I'm not your boy.

Most sports fans tend to talk about stats, SOS, and things like NFL talent on rosters. They don't just look at W-L. It is odd to me that this annoys you.

Obviously the playoff people look at these things when deciding what teams to put into playoffs.

Anyway, moving on.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-26-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok, I was responding to your comment that Wisconsin looks more impressive. I'm pointing out that Wisconsin has played a weak schedule.

I would say you have hurt feelings. I have no obligation to validate your opinions on here.

Most sports fans tend to talk about stats, SOS, and things like NFL talent on rosters. They don't just look at W-L. It is odd to me that this annoys you.

Anyway, moving on.
I can't have hurt feelings when it comes to sports, got bigger fish to fry. Not a Wisconsin fan, only the teams I bet on each week! I thought Wisconsin was 'meh' early in the season. From what I see lately, they may be the best team now- there's no denying they have a worse resume than Clemson, Auburn, several others- and I may be wrong that their as good as I think. But I've seen so much presumptive analysis thru the years when it comes to predictions that cite schedule strength in the NFL, college football, and college basketball. It's a common fallacy. Team A can be 10-0 with the toughest slate since the defense of the Alamo and Team B can be 10-0 vs nothing but community colleges located in the Caribou region of Maine. Still doesn't mean Team A is better.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:49 PM

Here is average margin of victory / defeat for each team this year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...scoring-margin

Clemson has been 1 point better at home than Wisconsin in margin of victory, but 12 points less on the road than Wisconsin in margin of victory. That makes sense when you consider the road opponents.

Clemson's margin of victory on the road is identical to Oklahoma's, and OU in my view has the best QB this year.

I'm also look at stats, such as Wisconsin is 98th in passing despite playing a very weak schedule. I do think stats tell you what team is better. I think that if Wisconsin makes the playoffs, they are likely to get blown out. A much more talented OSU team last year was blown out by Clemson.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-26-2017 at 10:13 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 10:55 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,441 times
For the record, the Clemson-OSU game got out of hand quickly because OSU missed 2 easy field goals at the beginning and Barrett couldn't complete anything. I agree Wisconsin wouldn't stand a chance in a matchup, though I'm not sure that game was totally representative of Clemson vs. <big 10 champ>.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:11 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,505,106 times
What a disaster the Schiano/Tennessee saga is, but how the hell ANYONE at Tennessee thought hiring Greg Schiano was a good idea should be fired themselves as well?? Seriously, what has that guy ever done?? Had 1 great seasons and a couple OK seasons a decade ago at Rutgers??

Old 11-27-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
What a disaster the Schiano/Tennessee saga is, but how the hell ANYONE at Tennessee thought hiring Greg Schiano was a good idea should be fired themselves as well?? Seriously, what has that guy ever done?? Had 1 great seasons and a couple OK seasons a decade ago at Rutgers??

The fact that Schiano had a winning record at Rutgers is a miracle in itself. I don't know, that's a pretty big accomplishment by itself. Maybe he would fail, I don't know, but who do these fans want? The more I read about the issue, the more I am dubious this has anything to do with child rape.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:46 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,887,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Prior to Schiano, Rutgers had never won a bowl game and only had a single bowl appearance. They went to 6 bowl games and won 5 of them under Schiano. The program also had 6 winning season in Schiano's last 7 years. His tenure also produce some decent NFL talent - Ray Rice, Jason McCourty, Devin McCourty, Logan Ryan, Kenny Britt and Mohamed Sanu among others. I am not saying he lit the world on fire, but we're also talking about Rutgers here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or