U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 12:57 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,430 times

Advertisements

That's what I was talking about. Barrett was terrible that game. I see the confusion now. The Buckeyes should trade Barrett to the Chargers for Cardale Jones.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:08 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Speaking of Barrett, is it just me, or does it seem like he's been at Ohio State for 10 years?? I wish I had that 15 year education program that Barrett is enrolled in at OSU. Could've sworn he was a senior in 2014.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:02 PM

6,865 posts, read 6,194,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Losing by multiple scores AT HOME to an Oklahoma team you demolished last year is really not good.
I'm truly amazed that people thought this Oklahoma team was the same Oklahoma team that played Ohio State last year and not the Oklahoma team that finished the season winning 10 straight and kicking Auburn in the Sugar bowl.

Almost as amazed that people thought this Ohio State team was any better than the one that won their last few regular ball games by the skin of their teeth and then got boat raced by Clemson.

Last year's Oklahoma team was very much like the 2014 Ohio State team. The team that ended the season certainly wasn't the same team that lost to VA Tech. And they went into Blacksburg the next year and put a whuppin' on them much like OU did to the Buckeyes this weekend.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:39 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,902 times
All right, y'all. Time for Week 3 picks. Here's the games for this week.

New Mexico vs. Boise State
Illinois vs. USF
Kansas vs. Ohio
(7) Oklahoma State vs. Pittsburgh
Connecticut vs. Virginia
Baylor vs. Duke
Coastal Carolina vs. UAB
Mid Tenn State vs. Minnesota
SMU vs. (23) TCU
(10) Wisconsin vs. BYU
(19) Tennessee vs. Florida
Purdue vs. Missouri
Oregon State vs. (20) Washington State
(13) LSU vs. Mississippi State
Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky
Kentucky vs. South Carolina
(17) Kansas State vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. Texas Tech
(3) Clemson vs. (11) Louisville
Texas vs. (2) USC
Ole Miss vs. Cal

Pick Overall Record: 32-12
Pick Record Last Week: 15-7

Here are my picks.
New Mexico vs. Boise State (Surely, Boise is not going to lose to a team that was down 30-5 to freakin' New Mexico State at the end of the 3rd...)
Illinois vs. USF (Neither team has impressed me. Illinois, however, has impressed me the least out of these two.)
Kansas vs. Ohio (Honestly...didn't know who to pick here.)
Oklahoma State vs. Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh has not looked good so far in their first two games.)
Connecticut vs. Virginia (Virginia gets revenge on the Huskies from last year.)
Baylor vs. Duke (Oh, how far Baylor has fallen...and Duke looks better than they did last season.)
Coastal Carolina vs. UAB (I'll take the Chanticleers in this one.)
Mid Tenn State vs. Minnesota (Well, look at you, Minnesota...after that performance against Buffalo, you went and whopped Oregon State's butt.)
SMU vs. TCU (I'm taking TCU, but don't go sleeping on the Mustangs now. Hell, i wouldn't be shocked to see SMU win.)
Wisconsin vs. BYU (BYU has not looked impressive.)
Tennessee vs. Florida (Look...i know it's at Gainesville, and that Florida's looking for revenge, but until i see some offensive effort from Florida, i really can't pick them here. Tennessee is not that good either, but at least they have an offense.)
Purdue vs. Missouri (This is a guessing pick. We'll find out if Mizzou really ain't that dangerous team after all, or if Purdue's performance against Louisville was just a one-time fluke.)
Oregon State vs. Washington State (Sorry, Beavs, but your football team is BAD...)
LSU vs. Mississippi State (LSU will win a close one here. Mississippi State's gonna beat a team or two they shouldn't this year. May be LSU. May not be LSU. But they will stun somebody. But i'm going with LSU because they have better talent across the board than State does.)
Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky (Didn't really know who to go with here, as both teams looked like crap last week...hell, LT lost 87 yards and had a 3rd and goal on their own 7 last week...but i'm gonna take LT here.)
Kentucky vs. South Carolina (Yeah, sorry Wildcats...you're not beating South Carolina four in a row. That's just not happening, especially with how y'all have looked in your first two games. South Carolina has beaten better teams than you have, and honestly, they're a sleeper in the East.)
Kansas State vs. Vanderbilt (I gotta take the Wildcats here. I will say this, though - If Vandy pulls this upset, there's honestly a real chance that they'll be in contention for the East.)
Arizona State vs. Texas Tech (Well, Todd Graham, it was fun while it lasted. But soon, you'll get the pink slip. Tech over y'all at home.)
Clemson vs. Louisville (I think Louisville finally beats Clemson this year. Because i don't know what to make of Clemson from what i saw...either they've got an awesome defense, their offense sucks, or Auburn's offense and O-line sucks and Clemson's defense ain't as good as what i saw. Plus, i think Lamar will be looking for some payback from last year's heartbreaker.)
Texas vs. USC (I really wish i could pick Texas here...but we're not going to win this one. USC has been waiting over 10 years for this...and they looked a hell of a lot better against Stanford.)
Ole Miss vs. Cal (Should be a fun game for those who decide to stay up and watch more football. I expect a lot of points will be scored in this one.)

Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM

447 posts, read 472,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Clemson vs. Louisville (I think Louisville finally beats Clemson this year. Because i don't know what to make of Clemson from what i saw...either they've got an awesome defense, their offense sucks, or Auburn's offense and O-line sucks and Clemson's defense ain't as good as what i saw. Plus, i think Lamar will be looking for some payback from last year's heartbreaker.)

Clemson's defense is better than last year's. I don't think Louisville's O-line has gotten any better and their defense has definitely taken a step back. They've got Lamar and that's about it. That will be good enough to get them through much of their schedule, but not this game, I think. They are at home and it will be Kelly Bryant's first start in a hostile environment, but as Dabo says, "We're built for this".

Old 09-14-2017, 10:51 PM

Was the New Mexico/Boise state game tonight (Thursday)?? If it was in fairness of the competition (even though it seems like only me & Southern Tiger are doing picks this year AND I was watching the NFL game) I'll skip on that. If it takes place Friday, give me Boise because they will rebound from the Wazzu 4th quarter disaster and win the conference opener. Will get to the rest and last weeks totals tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:32 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,902 times
Quote:
Was the New Mexico/Boise state game tonight (Thursday)?? If it was in fairness of the competition (even though it seems like only me & Southern Tiger are doing picks this year AND I was watching the NFL game) I'll skip on that. If it takes place Friday, give me Boise because they will rebound from the Wazzu 4th quarter disaster and win the conference opener. Will get to the rest and last weeks totals tomorrow.
Yes, it was, and Boise won.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:38 PM

South Florida over Illinois tonight. Running into some computer problems, I'll get the rest and last weeks total later today.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Last week: 6-5
overall: 6-5

Ohio vs. Purdue. After Purdue's game against Louisville, can't see them dropping one to Ohio.
USF vs. Connecticut. Postponed
Northwestern vs. Duke. The IQ bowl.
(11) Louisville vs. North Carolina. Louisville bounces back by 2+ touchdowns
Iowa vs. Iowa State. Hawkeyes with the Cy-Hawk trophy.
Wake Forest vs. Boston College. Second IQ bowl of the weekend.
Pittsburgh vs. (2) Penn State. You want to make the playoff Penn State?? Beat Pittsburgh!
Mid Tenn State vs. Syracuse. I'm not sure Syracuse is any better, but I'll take them at home over the Blue Raiders.
Indiana vs. Virginia. Indians played well for a half against Ohio State, I think they'll play well for 4 quarters.
TCU vs. Arkansas. This was a great game last year, hopefully it can be even half as good this year.
(21) Nebraska vs. Oregon. Oregon keeps it close for a bit, but Nebraska pulls away late.
Marshall vs. NC State. Pack should win.
(10) Auburn vs. (5) Clemson. Will be pretty difficult for the Auburn to win at home in the Tiger Bowl.
South Carolina vs. Missouri. Mizzou at home I guess??
(15) Oklahoma vs. (3) Ohio State. Ohio State blew them out on the road last year, they'll win at home this year.
Mississippi State vs. Louisiana Tech. No clue, but I'll take the Bulldogs to win a close one.
(16) Georgia vs. Notre Dame. Both teams are overrated. Irish at home.
Memphis vs. UCF. Stay safe to everyone in Florida & down south.
Western Kentucky vs. Illinois. Illinois can't lose this, can they??
(17) Stanford vs. (4) USC. Seems to me the road team usually wins in this series, but if this USC team is for real, they'll win this game, and I think they will.
Minnesota vs. Oregon State. Oregon State may be one of the worst power 5 conference teams.
Utah vs. BYU. Even though they looked awful vs. LSU, I'll take them in Provo
Houston vs. Arizona. Luckily for Oregon State, otherwise Arizona might be the worst team in the conference.
(25) Boise State vs. (22) Washington State. Boise thrives in this spot, and not quite sure Wazzu is top 25 good.
Week: 12-9
Season: 18-14

Old 09-16-2017, 12:44 AM

Illinois vs. USF. Picked yesterday
Kansas vs. Ohio. If this was basketball Kansas would win by 40. Unfortunately, it's not basketball.
(7) Oklahoma State vs. Pittsburgh. Not sure the Pokes are top 10 in the country good, and this will be a tough road trip for them. I'll take the Panthers
Connecticut vs. Virginia. The homer pick of the week since I can never pick against UConn, even if they were matched up against Alabama.
Baylor vs. Duke. Baylor has been a disaster since last November.
Coastal Carolina vs. UAB. I'll take the old new team against the new new team.
Mid Tenn State vs. Minnesota. Raiders will play them tough, but Gophers win at home.
SMU vs. (23) TCU. If this was at SMU, I'd take the Mustangs as they are improving, but at TCU I'll take the Froggies.
(10) Wisconsin vs. BYU. BYU just cannot score, and when you are only averaging 13 points a game through 3 games playing a FCS opponent in that stretch then I have to pick against you.
(19) Tennessee vs. Florida. My new dogs are coming from Gainesville, FL. Gators get revenge and go back to owning the Vols.
Purdue vs. Missouri. I don't have a damn clue!
Oregon State vs. (20) Washington State. This seems a little too easy.
(13) LSU vs. Mississippi State. Maybe the new regime changes this as they finished pretty well last year under Orgeron, but it seems like every year in the first 5 or 6 weeks they drop a game like this.
Louisiana Tech vs. Western Kentucky. Hilltoppers!
Kentucky vs. South Carolina. Know someone with 2 kids at USC that are heading up to Colombia for this game.
(17) Kansas State vs. Vanderbilt. No clue K-state was ranked in the top 25, yet alone they were this high.
Arizona State vs. Texas Tech. 2 glass cannons. I think last year there was close to 100 points scored combined if not more so I'm liking offense again here.
(3) Clemson vs. (11) Louisville. Lamar Jackson and the Cardinals at home. Could have beaten them last year in Clemson, they'll get them at home. Plus, wasn't this the same week last year where they (Louisville) played Florida State at home and just completely stomped them??
Texas vs. (2) USC. Trojans really came to play last week vs. the Cardinal, and unfortunately can't see the Horns stopping them
Ole Miss vs. Cal. I agree with SouthernTiger I see a lot of points being scored, but I will take the Bears as Ole Miss was on my $#!t list last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or