Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2017, 04:09 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Remember that we're talking about 2015 here...
I thought you were stating that it was obvious that Alabama or Clemson should have been left out.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:01 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
I haven't totaled up my weekly totals in a while, but think I'm somewhere around 185-91. I've got a couple days off at Christmas I'll look into that.

Troy vs. North Texas. Troy over the Mean Green.
Western Kentucky vs. Georgia State. Hilltoppers get this bowl.
Boise State vs. Oregon. Sounds like the players loved Cristobal, and loved that he was hired on a permanent basis, so I'll look for them to play inspired, and get this win.
Marshall vs. Colorado State. The Herd.
Mid Tenn State vs. Arkansas State. Interesting game, that I'll take the Raiders in.
Akron vs. (25) Florida Atlantic. Lane Kiffin caps off his first (and only??) season in Boca Raton with a bowl bid, conference championship, and 12 win season.
Louisiana Tech vs. SMU. I'll take SMU here.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I thought you were stating that it was obvious that Alabama or Clemson should have been left out.
Yeah, I figured as much.. That sentence was probably not worded as clearly as it could have been.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Patently false, and yet many make this argument that Ohio State's argument was the same as Alabama's this year.

Last year Ohio State lost only a very close game on the road to Penn State on a fluke play in horrid playing conditions.

Last year, Ohio State had signature wins, including a dominating victory over Oklahoma on the road. Alabama has no comparable victories this year.

Last year, Ohio State's wins were far superior to those of Penn State.

This year, Alabama's wins are far inferior to those of Ohio State.
I think he is saying the argument was "we are the better team, it doesnt matter that we didnt play in or win the conference title".

It would 100% contradict that argument.
=

Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 AM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
i have been pretty good on the few predictions i have made this season as has been shown by my quoting myself .. with that said i will make my predictions for the playoff and championship games now .. i do not have my usual BAMA overconfidence that comes with being a fan since we looked so vulnerable in the loss to Cowburn ,,, i feel clemson will have their way with us .. and i feel that OK will easily defeat Georgia as they will prove to be a one hit wonder ..but surprisingly i feel OK will be able to outscore Clemson in a battle reminiscent of the last two battles tween BAma and Clemson ... it`s still nice that all 4 teams are from below the mason dixon line ...

Old 12-20-2017, 10:13 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbub88 View Post
Self effacing and self deprecation wont work. Everyone knows that Alabama will steamroll Clemson. Alabama is too good to be held down twice.
well .. it would not hurt my feelings if BAMA won it all .. i just dont have the confidence to say they will

Old 12-21-2017, 01:33 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbub88 View Post
Self effacing and self deprecation wont work. Everyone knows that Alabama will steamroll Clemson. Alabama is too good to be held down twice.
Alabama didn't steamroll Texas AM, Miss State or Auburn but 'everyone knows' Alabama will steamroll Clemson?

Old 12-25-2017, 12:25 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
Merry Christmas, y'all! Here's Part 2 of bowl picks.

Utah vs. West Virginia
Duke vs. Northern Illinois
Kansas State vs. UCLA
Southern Miss vs. Florida State
Iowa vs. Boston College
Arizona vs. Purdue
Texas vs. Missouri
Virginia vs. Navy
Virginia Tech vs. (13) Oklahoma State
(17) Stanford vs. (19) TCU
(22) Washington State vs. (24) Michigan State
Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M
NC State vs. Arizona State
Kentucky vs. (23) Northwestern
New Mexico State vs. Utah State
(7) USC vs. (5) Ohio State

Pick Overall Record: 229-119
Pick Record Last Week: 6-8

Here are my picks.
Utah vs. West Virginia (Don't know here.)
Duke vs. Northern Illinois (Duke should win this...)
Kansas State vs. UCLA (I'll take the Wildcats here.)
Southern Miss vs. Florida State ('Noles should win their bowl...)
Iowa vs. Boston College (Iowa's weird, man...i'm taking the Eagles, but won't be surprised if the Hawkeyes win either.)
Arizona vs. Purdue (I'll take Arizona in this bowl.)
Texas vs. Missouri (Yeesh...i know we've improved since the Maryland humiliation, but i don't have any faith in us winning this game.)
Virginia vs. Navy (Gonna go with the Cavs here.)
Virginia Tech vs. Oklahoma State
Stanford
vs. TCU
Washington State vs. Michigan State
Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M
NC State vs. Arizona State
Kentcuky vs. Northwestern
New Mexico State
vs. Utah State
USC vs. Ohio State

Old 12-26-2017, 12:33 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Utah vs. West Virginia. Utah has not been good the 2nd half of the season.
Duke vs. Northern Illinois. I'll take NIU in this almost meaningless bowl game.
Kansas State vs. UCLA. K-State for Bill Snyder.
Southern Miss vs. Florida State. Florida State is not very good
Iowa vs. Boston College. I'll take the Eagles to end their season with a good win.
Arizona vs. Purdue. Purdue ends the season with a bowl win.
Texas vs. Missouri. Texas wins this matchup of former Big 12 rivals.
Virginia vs. Navy. Navy with the option offense.
Virginia Tech vs. (13) Oklahoma State. Pokes.
(17) Stanford vs. (19) TCU. Pretty good game, and I'll take the Cardinal.
(22) Washington State vs. (24) Michigan State. Sparty in another good matchup.
Wake Forest vs. Texas A&M. I'll take the Aggies.
NC State vs. Arizona State. Wolfpack over the no defense Devils
Kentucky vs. (23) Northwestern. Northwestern has had a very good season.
New Mexico State vs. Utah State. Utah state I guess
(7) USC vs. (5) Ohio State. Trojans in the Rose bowl.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:44 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Neither Alabama nor Clemson are as good as they were last year, but Alabama has fallen farther from its 2016 heights than Clemson has. Their defense is banged up and their offense is one-dimensional. I favor Clemson in this matchup for those reasons.

Oklahoma and Georgia should be more interesting. I really only see two possibilities: (a) Oklahoma getting up big early and blowing them out or (b) Georgia grinding them down in a relatively low scoring affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football