U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 04:18 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,765,707 times

Advertisements

the pundits say Oklahoma has not faced as good a defense as Georgia will throw at them .. they also say that Clemson has not faced as good a defense as bama will throw at them .. or at least their Quarterback .. they dont have watson anymore

Old 12-29-2017, 08:51 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Keep taking the BigTen for granted.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:59 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,019,756 times
All right, here's the last bowl picks.

Louisville vs. Mississippi State
Iowa State vs. (14) Memphis
(11) Washington vs. (10) Penn State
(6) Wisconsin vs. (12) Miami
Michigan vs. South Carolina
(8) UCF vs. (9) Auburn
(18) Notre Dame vs. (16) LSU
(3) Georgia vs. (1) Oklahoma
(4) Alabama vs. (2) Clemson

Here are my picks.
Louisville vs. Mississippi State (Louisville should win...State's without Fitzgerald.)
Iowa State vs. Memphis (Tossup pick.)
Washington vs. Penn State (I think Penn State wins this one.)
Wisconsin vs. Miami (Wisconsin...Miami's been exposed for who they really are.)
Michigan vs. South Carolina (Don't know here.)
UCF vs. Auburn (I'm still riding the UCF train all the way, even though they're 10-point underdogs.)
Notre Dame vs. LSU (I expect LSU to get their revenge from being jobbed by the refs 3 years ago.
Georgia vs. Oklahoma (As a Texas fan, i don't care if Alabama wins the natty again. Get em, 'Doggies!)
Clemson vs. Alabama (Clemson doesn't have Deshaun Watson anymore...i'd give the edge to them here if they did. I don't see Alabama dropping two straight to Clemson. I think their bad luck in the Sugar Bowl ends here.)

Old 12-30-2017, 08:44 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,313,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
the pundits say Oklahoma has not faced as good a defense as Georgia will throw at them .. they also say that Clemson has not faced as good a defense as bama will throw at them .. or at least their Quarterback .. they dont have watson anymore
I think Georgia is a more complete team than Oklahoma, but Baker Mayfield is a force of nature.

Alabama was partially exposed in the Miss State and Auburn games as problematic at quarterback. If you stuff the run and force Hurts to throw, the Alabama offense sputters. We'll see if Saban has installed new firmware during their time off.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:01 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,105,331 times
Quote:
Auburn is the common opponent.

I would say that Alabama hasn't faced a defense as good as Clemson's. Auburn's defense really shut down both the Alabama and Clemson offenses. Clemson's defense, however, shut down Auburn's offense. Remember, that's the game where Clemson had 11 sacks, if I remember the number right.

My concern for Clemson in the game is Kelley. He hasn't been good with downfield stuff. In fact, they haven't really given him many downfield shots. Which he's going to have to do and connect on. Alabama is going to be keyed on the short stuff, because the last 3 or 4 games, that's all he's thrown. If they go with that again, it's going to be a tough game. If they open up the downfield stuff, and he has success.. You very well could see Alabama's tongue hanging out again as it was last year.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:00 PM

28,269 posts, read 26,269,309 times
Quote:
Alabama's defense, which has always been its strength, isn't nearly as good as it was last year. It is true the Tigers no longer have Watson and other offensive playmakers, but the Tide no longer have Allen, Foster, etc. and they've taken some major losses in their LB corps. Even the guy backing up the Tide's best LB got hurt recently.

The Tide are much more vulnerable now than they were a year ago. Last year, it took a transcendental talent like Deshaun Watson to vanquish an all time great defense. I don't think so much will be required this time around. I also think the departure of Lane Kiffin has left Alabama with an offense that is nowhere near creative as it has been in years past.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:05 PM

28,269 posts, read 26,269,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
My concern for Clemson in the game is Kelley. He hasn't been good with downfield stuff. In fact, they haven't really given him many downfield shots. Which he's going to have to do and connect on. Alabama is going to be keyed on the short stuff, because the last 3 or 4 games, that's all he's thrown. If they go with that again, it's going to be a tough game. If they open up the downfield stuff, and he has success.. You very well could see Alabama's tongue hanging out again as it was last year.
A lot of Alabama's LBs have either gone down with season ending injuries or haven't played since very early in the season. It's an unusual thing to lose so many LBs and an even more unusual thing for this to be an issue for Bama since they tend to load up at that position. But they've sustained so many injuries that their LB corps now has a question mark over it. The reason I favor Clemson is not so much because they are so good, but because they appear to be the healthier, deeper team at the moment.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:14 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,584,831 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5wwChsCwg

Old 12-30-2017, 01:28 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,166 times
Through 30 bowl games, here are how the Power 5 conferences stand.

SEC is 0-3
ACC is 4-3
Big Ten is 5-0
Big 12 is 4-2
Pac 12 is 1-7 (ouch)

Old 12-30-2017, 02:31 PM

7,836 posts, read 19,584,831 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NtcVDA2y5Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or