U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 10:27 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,919,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
...Clemson's loss to Syracuse suggests to any objective observer that this was not the same Clemson powerhouse team as in the 2016-17 season...
Most people are aware of what happened leading up to and during that game, so I won't bore everyone with repetition. Now, when Bryant fully recovered, Clemson went on to win the rest of the regular season games and the ACC title. Unfortunately, they didn't show up for their playoff game.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:29 PM

7,906 posts, read 4,887,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Most people are aware of what happened leading up to and during that game, so I won't bore everyone with repetition. Now, when Bryant fully recovered, Clemson went on to win the rest of the regular season games and the ACC title. Unfortunately, they didn't show up for their playoff game.
Yes, and most persons know that J.T. Barrett played Iowa on a bad knee and had surgery after the game, but they still didn't consider that when cheering Ohio State's exclusion from the play-offs even though the Big Ten was much tougher than the ACC this year.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:46 PM

9,427 posts, read 7,108,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Clemson certainly was not the same as last year, so far as offense is concerned.. Anyone who thinks Bryant is a plug-in replacement for Watson is out of their mind. He did a fine job for the most part, but really had issues with downfield passing, which I think hurt them in the Alabama game. Defensively, they were far better.

Honestly, the Alabama game, neither team played well. You take out the 2 tipped passes that resulted in 14 points.. That was a 10-6 game.

Next year will be interesting. They lose Cain and McCloud.. Neither of whom I'm overly high on. McCloud and friggin' Jamison Crowder were driving me nuts this year with the muffed/fumbled punts (Crowder of the Redskins).. But outside of that.. Most of the offense returns. The young receivers look good.. Tee Higgins I think will be huge.. Most of the defense returns.. They got Trevor Hippie coming in at QB so there may be some competition there between him and Bryant. I can't remember his name, but looking at him I'm reasonably convinced the first word I hear him say will be "Duuuuude!"

I expect that they will win the ACC again.. Florida State will take a while to come together under a new HC. Miami will likely be strong again.. So, they have a shot. Miami is a good, young team.. I think the youth hurt them this past year. Lack of experience in big games. there's no way they should have been destroyed like they were by Clemson.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,919,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
...Miami is a good, young team.. I think the youth hurt them this past year. Lack of experience in big games. there's no way they should have been destroyed like they were by Clemson.
Hey, when the other team has your number, it's game on.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:22 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldT1m3r View Post
Keep talking crap,

u reap what u sow!
Crapping?

Well, the holes in those britches just got sown shut.

In other words--thread closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or