U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 02:12 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
No mention of the #2 team???

BTW - things just got interesting for Clemson. Huegel, their kicker, might be out for the season after an injury during practice. Hopefully, their backup kicker can produce.
Huegel is one of the best kickers that Clemson has had in quite some time.. That's not saying a whole lot, though.. Clemson has had some awful kickers. They had one guy.. I can't remember his name.. Would have been in 2005-2008, somewhere in there.. Guy could kick the ball a mile.. Just not straight. He played with an indoor football team here and it was still the same.

They have 2 other kickers.. Christian Groomes and Alex Spence.. Groomes has 1 PAT last year in the blowout against Syracuse and Spence has 2.. One from Kent State earlier this year and the other back in 2015.

Obviously, they were still sending Huegel out there, so I'd say he's better than either of the other two. This doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Huegel hasn't looked good all year. You get him past 40 yards and it's iffy.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:21 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times
Last week: 14-6
Overall: 32-20

Temple vs. (21) USF. USF should win this at home.
Virginia vs. Boise State. Boise on the smurf turf.
(23) Utah vs. Arizona. Utes in a close one.
NC State vs. (12) Florida State. Seems like the Seminoles have been off for a month. If this was in Raleigh I may take a gamble on the Wolfpack, but in Tallahassee, I'll take the Noles.
Texas Tech vs. Houston. Hope the people watching this game like a lot of points.
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M. Is this taking place in Arlington again this season??
Pittsburgh vs. Georgia Tech. Yellow Jackets with the option offense.
UCF vs. Maryland. Terps win, but may not be easy.
Cincinnati vs. Navy. Option offense team again.
Duke vs. North Carolina. Throw the records out the window. It's not basketball, but this is the game of the year for both of these teams.
Rutgers vs. Nebraska. If I'm Mike Reilly and I lost this game, I'd resign before I even left the field.
(17) TCU vs. (6) Oklahoma State. The Pokes defense can stop the Frogs offense, don't think the TCU defense can slow down the Cowboys, and that's the difference.
(1) Alabama vs. Vanderbilt. Vandy will play them close for a while, 2 or 2.5 maybe even 3 quarters, but their defense isn't good enough to hold Bama to less than 10 points or get a couple of defensive TD's, and the Vandy offense isn't good enough either.
(3) USC vs. Cal. USC should roll them.
(9) Michigan vs. Purdue. I'm tempted to take Purdue, but I'll take Mich winning late on a field goal or touchdown.
(16) Mississippi State vs. (11) Georgia. If this was in Starkville I'd like the Miss state Bulldogs Bulldogs a lot better, but in Athens I think the Georgia Dogs win it.
(22) Florida vs. Kentucky. My upset of the week, Kentucky will come to play.

I'll get the rest in later.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 14-6
Overall: 32-20

Temple vs. (21) USF. USF should win this at home.
Virginia vs. Boise State. Boise on the smurf turf.
(23) Utah vs. Arizona. Utes in a close one.
NC State vs. (12) Florida State. Seems like the Seminoles have been off for a month. If this was in Raleigh I may take a gamble on the Wolfpack, but in Tallahassee, I'll take the Noles.
Texas Tech vs. Houston. Hope the people watching this game like a lot of points.
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M. Is this taking place in Arlington again this season??
Pittsburgh vs. Georgia Tech. Yellow Jackets with the option offense.
UCF vs. Maryland. Terps win, but may not be easy.
Cincinnati vs. Navy. Option offense team again.
Duke vs. North Carolina. Throw the records out the window. It's not basketball, but this is the game of the year for both of these teams.
Rutgers vs. Nebraska. If I'm Mike Reilly and I lost this game, I'd resign before I even left the field.
(17) TCU vs. (6) Oklahoma State. The Pokes defense can stop the Frogs offense, don't think the TCU defense can slow down the Cowboys, and that's the difference.
(1) Alabama vs. Vanderbilt. Vandy will play them close for a while, 2 or 2.5 maybe even 3 quarters, but their defense isn't good enough to hold Bama to less than 10 points or get a couple of defensive TD's, and the Vandy offense isn't good enough either.
(3) USC vs. Cal. USC should roll them.
(9) Michigan vs. Purdue. I'm tempted to take Purdue, but I'll take Mich winning late on a field goal or touchdown.
(16) Mississippi State vs. (11) Georgia. If this was in Starkville I'd like the Miss state Bulldogs Bulldogs a lot better, but in Athens I think the Georgia Dogs win it.
(22) Florida vs. Kentucky. My upset of the week, Kentucky will come to play.

I'll get the rest in later.
And now onto the rest.

(4) Penn State vs. Iowa. Michigan played into Iowa's strengths last year which could be why the Hawkeyes beat them. Lions can spread them out so I think they will win a close one in the end.
Auburn vs. Missouri. Both teams are a dumpster fire, but at least Auburn is semi competent
Notre Dame vs. Michigan State. This game is Michigan State's Championship game and as I said last year in the preview of this game in South Bend Sparty was pissed that ND cancelled this series.
(7) Washington vs. Colorado. Buffs won't be able to keep up with Browning and the Huskies, though will be a great game to watch.
Oregon vs. Arizona State. The Ducks over the glass cannon Devils.
UCLA vs. Stanford. Cardinal on the farm as the Bruins defense can't stop a nose bleed.
East Carolina vs. Connecticut. If we can't win this one it is going to be another long season.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:43 PM

14,554 posts, read 22,415,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
All right, y'all. Time for Week 4 picks. Here are the picks for this week.

Here are my picks.
...Michigan vs. Purdue (My upset pick of the week. Michigan has not looked real impressive, while Purdue is already looking better in year 1 under Brohm. I think they're gonna surprise Michigan this week. Plus, there's a reason they have the nickname "The Spoilermakers")
Purdue's helmets are too shiny. They look like a bunch of c3pOs out there.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-23-2017 at 02:54 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 03:34 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,124,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Purdue's helmets are too shiny. They look like a bunch of c3pOs out there.
Yep. I'm half blind already.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:48 PM

My picks have sucked so far!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
Bahahahahahahahaha...OU trailing Baylor 31-28 in the 3rd.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:53 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Bahahahahahahahaha...OU trailing Baylor 31-28 in the 3rd.
So.. I think everyone would agree the top three are Alabama, Clemson and Penn State. Good arguments could be made for just about any order on that. That being said.. Clemson wins next week at Virginia Tech.. They should be #1.

Alabama is going to have a hard time being #1 at the end of the season if there's another undefeated.. They could go the rest of the way without playing another ranked team, and the ranked team they did beat.. Likely won't be ranked by then.

Though.. You know.. Penn State isn't playing great. I could wind up looking like an idiot on the above if they wind up losing.

Oklahoma just scored again.. 42-31 now.. but.. I can't see them holding the #3 spot unless PSU does lose.

VT likely makes it into the top 10.. Maybe at #10.. But they should be in the top 10.

Does Florida State fall out of the top 25 entirely? I doubt it.. But they're #20-25. Though, it wouldn't shock me a whole lot for them to fall out.

Louisville had a nice bounceback game. But.. it'll be real tough for them to make a playoff spot from here. No ranked teams on the schedule.. Well. FSU.. Which.. Won't be ranked by that time, I don't think.

I think I need to go watch that PSU game.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:25 PM

What a final drive from Penn State!

And poor Kentucky It maybe another 30 years before they get as good of a chance to beat Florida as they had tonight with all the injuries to the Gators defense plus the linebacker getting disqualified in the 2nd quarter for targeting and they STILL lost mainly do them shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone. After the disqualification in the 2nd quarter, Kentucky got the ball to the Florida 10 or 15 and the next play had a delay of game, followed that with a couple of sacks, put them on the edge of field goal range, and the kicker hit the upright to end the half. They got the ball down to the 5 in the 3rd quarter, but had a fumbled snap on 3rd down that cost them 18-20 yards and had to kick a field goal instead. Those potential 14 points they could have gotten and only getting 3 points instead was definitely a key in the end.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:37 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
13-10 on picks this week...and there's still the ECU-Connecticut game tomorrow. Anyway, here's my Top 25.

#1: Alabama (4-0)
#2: Clemson (4-0)
#3: USC (4-0)
#4: Penn State (4-0)
#5: Washington (4-0) +1
#6: Oklahoma (4-0) -1
#7: TCU (4-0) +10
#8: Wisconsin (3-0)
#9: Georgia (4-0) +2
#10: Michigan (4-0) -1
#11: Ohio State (3-1) -1
#12: Virginia Tech (4-0) +1
#13: Oklahoma State (3-1) -7
#14: Washington State (4-0) +1
#15: Miami (2-0) -1
#16: Louisville (3-1) +2
#17: USF (4-0) +4
#18: Utah (4-0) +5
#19: West Virginia (3-1) +1
#20: San Diego State (4-0) +4
#21: Auburn (3-1) NEW
#22: Mississippi State (3-1) -6
#23: Florida (2-1) -1
#24: LSU (3-1) NEW
#25: Oregon (3-1) -6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or