Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 01:42 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times

Advertisements

East Carolina hangs on to beat Connecticut today. At least they have a win this season...

Old 09-28-2017, 08:27 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
I will take Texas tonight; Miami & Wazzu in an upset tomorrow if SouthernTiger has them as a pick selection, and will get the rest and last week's totals in later on.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:57 AM

All right, y'all. Time for Week 5 picks. Here are the picks for this week.

Texas vs. Iowa State
(15) Miami vs. Duke
Nebraska vs. Illinois
(3) USC vs. (14) Washington State
Maryland vs. Minnesota
Vanderbilt vs. (23) Florida
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech
Syracuse vs. NC State
(9) Georgia vs. Tennessee
Florida State vs. Wake Forest
Arizona State vs. Stanford
Iowa vs. Michigan State
(22) Mississippi State vs. (21) Auburn
Memphis vs. UCF
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M
(13) Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech
(2) Clemson vs. (12) Virginia Tech
Ole Miss vs. (1) Alabama
Cal vs. (25) Oregon
Colorado vs. UCLA

Pick Overall Record: 59-30
Pick Record Last Week: 13-11

Here are my picks.
Texas vs. Iowa State (Oh my god, i hate it when we play in Ames...I think we win, but not by 5 or 6 points, which is what we're favored by.)
Miami vs. Duke (Still not entirely sold on Miami yet...and Duke looks good this year.)
Nebraska vs. Illinois (This one was a hard one to decide...but in the end, i went with Illinois, because Nebraska had trouble beating Rutgers...)
USC vs. Washington State (My bold upset pick of the week. I think Mike Leach's pirates are gonna upset USC in Pullman.)
Maryland vs. Minnesota (Maryland's got injury issues.)
Vanderbilt vs. Florida (God, it's almost as if nothing will kill these damn Gators...)
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech (Georgia Tech looks all right...and the Tar Heels are having a rough year, with their QB throwing probably the most hilarious pick-6 of the year last week.)
Syracuse vs. NC State (Look at you, NC State. Going into Tallahassee and beating the 'Noles. Y'all should win this one.)
Georgia vs. Tennessee (Georgia should win this one, but Tennessee's in the Smokey Greys, and they've kept it close the last two times they've worn 'em against Georgia.)
Florida State vs. Wake Forest (Florida State is off to a bad start, but they should at least beat Wake Forest. If not, i don't see them making a bowl.)
Arizona State vs. Stanford (Well, Stanford looked a hell of a lot better against UCLA. I think they'll win this one.)
Iowa vs. Michigan State (Dantonio's loyalty to his coordinators will be what ends his coaching tenure at Michigan State.)
Mississippi State vs. Auburn (I don't think State's so good after all...)
Memphis vs. UCF (Tossup. This should be a fun game to watch.)
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M (South Carolina is probably the worst 3-1 team in the country right now.)
Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech (This should be another exciting game to watch.)
Clemson vs. Virginia Tech (Clemson's defense is very, very legit...i think Virginia Tech will give Clemson a scare, but i don't see them winning this one.)
Ole Miss vs. Alabama (This ain't even gonna be close...)
Cal vs. Oregon (Didn't really know who to pick here. On one hand, Cal gave USC a scare and Oregon lost to Arizona State...on another though, USC may be over-rated after all and Cal's not so good after all.)
Colorado vs. UCLA (UCLA is not Washington good. Or very good, from what i've seen. I'll take Colorado on the road.)

Old 09-28-2017, 04:18 PM

This week: 14-10
Overall: 46-30

Old 09-28-2017, 04:58 PM

Last week: 14-10
Overall: 46-30

Texas vs. Iowa State. Picked earlier this morning. Southern Tiger is right, going to Ames is difficult plus I always hate picking the road team during the week on primetime. Iowa State students have probably been camping out for this game since last Thursday, and the atmosphere should be electric, but I'll take the 'Horns.
(15) Miami vs. Duke. Another game that should be close and I'll take the talent on the road again.
Nebraska vs. Illinois. Weren't very impressive against Rutgers and now have to go on the road against another team that hasn't been playing well
(3) USC vs. (14) Washington State. Friday night in the Paloose. Coogs upset.
Maryland vs. Minnesota. Great game against UCF last weekend!
Vanderbilt vs. (23) Florida. Just picked up my new puppies from Gainesville yesterday. If I was smart I would've gone down Friday, gone to this game Saturday, and went home with the puppies Sunday, alas, I wasn't smart Plus, I was traveling with my mom, and she had to travel over the weekend.
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech. Option offense for the win.
Syracuse vs. NC State. Watch them win in Tallahassee last week, and lose at home to Syracuse this week.
(9) Georgia vs. Tennessee. Any idea why they didn't play last season??
Florida State vs. Wake Forest. If they don't win this one, are the Seminoles going to win 4 games??
Arizona State vs. Stanford. Stanford on the farm.
Iowa vs. Michigan State. Toss up for sure, but I'd like Iowa a lot better if they were at Kinneck.
(22) Mississippi State vs. (21) Auburn. Tigers at home devour the Bulldogs.
Memphis vs. UCF. Tigers in a close one with a ton of points scored.
South Carolina vs. Texas A&M. It's still September when this game kicks off, so the Aggies should be fine to win.
(13) Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech. The Raiders hand the Cowboys a second straight loss.
(2) Clemson vs. (12) Virginia Tech. I know the Hokies haven't really played anyone, but this will be Clemson's first real tough game (Auburn isn't very good plus that game was at home). I think Tech gets the upset.
Ole Miss vs. (1) Alabama. These aren't the Rebels from the last couple of seasons. Bama rolls them over.
Cal vs. (25) Oregon. Ducks at Autzen. Not sure how good Cal really is.
Colorado vs. UCLA. Yes, I know UCLA is overrated, and can't stop a nose bleed, but they got beat down by Stanford last week, plus at home I think they bounce back to win by a touchdown.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:36 AM

Congratulations to Washington State on their 30-27 upset of USC at home!

5 years ago, if you had told me that 5 years later, Washington State would be in the Top 20, and about to be in the Top 10 after knocking off a top-5 USC at home, i'd have told you to put down the pipe.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:40 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Congratulations to Washington State on their 30-27 upset of USC at home!

5 years ago, if you had told me that 5 years later, Washington State would be in the Top 20, and about to be in the Top 10 after knocking off a top-5 USC at home, i'd have told you to put down the pipe.
I expected USC to come back and take WSU down at any time, but it never happened. The announcers kept saying that QB Darnold wasn't himself throughout the game. Maybe...

Old 09-30-2017, 04:25 PM

Good god, Tennessee...Is 5 wins possible? Can they even beat Mizzou or Southern Miss?

Also...lord, Florida State...going from preseason number 3 to getting beat by Wake Forest.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:37 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Well Florida State survived in Winston-Salem. The same cannot be said of Butch Jones job security at the moment.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:22 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Well Florida State survived in Winston-Salem. The same cannot be said of Butch Jones job security at the moment.
Might throw someone else up there if this Troy/LSU score holds up.

I don't know if you all watch FunnyMaine on youtube.. But I'm looking forward to it, even if LSU does come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football