U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 03:56 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times

Advertisements

Got inspired by an old thread on r/CFB to do this.

For me, the angriest i've ever been watching a Texas football game is the 2015 Oklahoma State game. Say what you want, and true, we weren't real good under Strong, but the refs pretty much gave Okie State the win that day (Made even worse by the fact that our punter had his freshman WTF moment at the worst possible time).

Second place is the 2004 Red River Shootout. I know Oklahoma was talented that year as well and made it to the natty, but i still, to this day, can't understand how a team with Vince Young at quarterback and Cedric Benson at runningback got shut out.

What's the angriest any of y'all have been watching a game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 03:15 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,151,941 times
Was probably most upset on November 22, 2008 (OU), but there were several others. Lately, it's become more like resignation as a Tech fan.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:20 PM

2,533 posts, read 1,822,304 times
Waiting for Alabama fans to weight in about "that returned kick" in the Auburn game

Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Status: "Charlotte Checkers Calder Cup Champions!" (set 29 days ago)

7,218 posts, read 8,231,053 times
I guess the closest I've ever been "angry" about an outcome in college football was when Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State in 2011 because it meant that we were unfortunately going to be stuck with Alabama as LSUs BCS opponent that year. And boy, what a lousy game that was.

I also wasn't thrilled the following year when K-State lost to Baylor. I highly doubt K-State would have beaten Alabama but I would have rather seen Bill Snyder finally get his shot at a National Championship than being stuck with Notre Dame. Would have been much easier to pull for the Wildcats too.

Should also mention now that I think about it, damn Georgia blew that SEC Championship game. Weren't they up by two scores in the second half? I would've been fine with Georgia being in the title game.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM

76 posts, read 53,475 times
Arkansas's loss to a pitiful Missouri team this year pissed me off. Had a 3 score lead in the 3rd quarter which made it even worse.

Losing to ULM a few years ago was bad as well

Old 08-13-2017, 07:00 PM

5,093 posts, read 6,855,484 times
Where do I begin?

2006 WVU loss to Louisville (#3 WVU @ #5 UL)
2006 WVU loss to South Florida (Had no business losing this game and screwing up chance for BCS berth)
2007 WVU loss to Pitt (#2 WVU only had to beat 4 win Pitt in the season finale to play for a national championship)
2008 WVU loss to East Carolina (Ouch)
2009 WVU loss to Auburn (Was up big and blew lead in second half with something like 8 turnovers!!!)
2010 WVU loss to NC State in Russell Athletic Bowl
2011 WVU loss to Louisville
2012 WVU loss to Texas Tech (start of 5 game losing streak after being 5-0 and being ranked #4)
2012 WVU loss to Oklahoma (was very competitive game at home, and blew in last seconds)
2013 Every game!!!! (except WVU victory over #11 Oklahoma State)
2014 WVU loss to TCU (had lead and lost by last second field goal at home. Conference lead on the line and College Gameday at hand).
2015 ehh
2016 WVU loss to Oklahoma (got blasted)

Old 08-13-2017, 07:11 PM

3,535 posts, read 2,229,532 times
2000,2003 & 2011

The only three times this century when we lost to "that team up North".

GO BUCKEYES !!

Name:  OSU.gif
Views: 98
Size:  2.3 KB

Old 08-14-2017, 04:22 PM

774 posts, read 651,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestForkGrant View Post
Arkansas's loss to a pitiful Missouri team this year pissed me off. Had a 3 score lead in the 3rd quarter which made it even worse.

Losing to ULM a few years ago was bad as well
honestly the 2009 Florida game angered me more, total hose job
Marc Curles and his cronies should have been fired or at least banned from doing another Arkansas game

Old 08-18-2017, 03:14 AM

1,130 posts, read 552,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Got inspired by an old thread on r/CFB to do this.

For me, the angriest i've ever been watching a Texas football game is the 2015 Oklahoma State game. Say what you want, and true, we weren't real good under Strong, but the refs pretty much gave Okie State the win that day (Made even worse by the fact that our punter had his freshman WTF moment at the worst possible time).

Second place is the 2004 Red River Shootout. I know Oklahoma was talented that year as well and made it to the natty, but i still, to this day, can't understand how a team with Vince Young at quarterback and Cedric Benson at runningback got shut out.

What's the angriest any of y'all have been watching a game?
In childhood, I was a devout Notre Dame Football fan (circa late 1970s).
In 1978 I was deeply infuriated when ND lost to USC by a field goal with time running out.
That game always sticks out in my mind.

As an adult, I have evolved as an SEC fan after living in Florida for over 14 years.
I went to graduate school at Florida. I was angriest when we lost to Tennessee
after a decade of dominance. We should have won that game by far.

As for modern Notre Dame, I am not a fan at all for foootball. I was actually glad
when Alabama beat them since I am now an SEC Alumnus (Florida).

Old 08-22-2017, 11:01 AM

6,839 posts, read 6,178,314 times
As an Oklahoma fan the 1984 Texas game in the Cotton Bowl easily tops the list. 2 blown turnover calls and two questionable penalties in the last 2 minutes or so giving Texas a chance to get out with a tie.

Oklahoma and Oregon in 2006. Refs blow an onside kick recovery. Goes to replay booth and the replay booth gives the ball to Oregon even though replay clearly shows an Oklahoma guy recovered the ball.

One of those two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or