U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:01 PM

1,272 posts, read 920,793 times

Advertisements

Michigan (10-2) vs Florida (9-3). I haven't seen Florida play this year, so I don't know how to predict this game. I'm going to pick Michigan based on series history (4-0) including 2 blowouts in the Harbaugh era. In reality, Florida usually has some good athletes, so if they can pick apart the man coverage, they could give Michigan trouble. Rashan Gary will be sitting this one out as he waits to cash in on an NFL payday. Michigan's defense has been banged up, so hopefully the break will give some guys a chance to get healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 08:53 AM

2,865 posts, read 1,819,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Some of it is matchups and game flow too. The fact that a Maryland team that Michigan is much better than hung 51 on OSU and should have beaten them and Purdue (another team that they are better than) beat OSU, tells me that Michigan definitely could have beaten them. Their defense is definitely susceptible. We just couldn’t get a good rhythm. Simple as that. I would say one criticism of the Harbaugh era is that when we are clicking, we are clicking. However, we don’t seem to do quite as well in grind-it-out games or games when we get down.
A few points on the game this year...

Michigan needs to modernize their offense. Don't let the 39 points fool you.

On Defense OSU exploited a couple secondary matchups (finally outcoached Mich you could make the argument over the past 5-6 years Michigan has had better game plans in the game) and really the main point people aren't seeing is OSU faced a Michigan DLine that had a few members either hurt or thinking about the NFL draft.

Lastly, OSU is in their head- maybe Urban leaving helps this a bit. Maybe not the guy that called the plays and put up 62 on that D is the HC now.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:10 PM

1,272 posts, read 920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Michigan (10-2) vs Florida (9-3). I haven't seen Florida play this year, so I don't know how to predict this game. I'm going to pick Michigan based on series history (4-0) including 2 blowouts in the Harbaugh era. In reality, Florida usually has some good athletes, so if they can pick apart the man coverage, they could give Michigan trouble. Rashan Gary will be sitting this one out as he waits to cash in on an NFL payday. Michigan's defense has been banged up, so hopefully the break will give some guys a chance to get healthy.
So Devin Bush and Karan Higdon won't be playing either. With Solomon leaving, my guess he won't play. So, depending on what is going on on the Florida side, I might revise my prediction to a Florida win.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:02 PM

2,738 posts, read 1,026,394 times
Tough way to end a season. Florida dominated from Q2 on. SEC's tough...even their 2nd tier teams can destroy top 10 ranked teams from other conferences as we saw today.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:28 PM

5,116 posts, read 4,679,100 times
So what's the deal with Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines?

Zero Big Ten championships in four years. Zero Big Ten East division titles in four years.

One bowl win in four years. No bowl wins in the last three years.

One victory against a top 10 ranked opponent in four years. No road victories against a top 10 ranked opponent in four years.

Harbaugh has nothing to show but one signature victory in four years. How is next year going to be any better?

It seems to me that Michigan's best and only hope is that Ohio State stumbles next year under new head coach Ryan Day, and the rest of the Big Ten East remains embarrassingly pathetic like they were this year.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:04 PM

362 posts, read 138,093 times
Why can't Michigan ever get a decent quarterback who can actually throw on a regular basis....

Old 12-29-2018, 03:53 PM

299 posts, read 87,480 times
The Lizards make the Wolverines look like HS Football

Old 12-30-2018, 06:17 AM

2,738 posts, read 1,026,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post
Why can't Michigan ever get a decent quarterback who can actually throw on a regular basis....
if you were a top flight High School QB would you rather go to College in Florida, or Michigan? I was a collegiate athlete (who once lived in Michigan from age 5 to 12), and I chose Florida and was so glad I did. Sorry Michiganders, but it's no contest.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:25 AM

2,865 posts, read 1,819,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
if you were a top flight High School QB would you rather go to College in Florida, or Michigan? I was a collegiate athlete (who once lived in Michigan from age 5 to 12), and I chose Florida and was so glad I did. Sorry Michiganders, but it's no contest.
As an Ohio State fan I feel sad defending anything !ichigan but you go to the school that provides you the best opportunity to be a professional football player and or provides you the best opportunity academically for a great career.

So when you are 24/34/44...etc. You can live wherever you want drive whatever you want provide for whomever you want, etc.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:06 AM

362 posts, read 138,093 times
But this isn't the 1970's. Seems like the Big 10, with the exception of Ohio State, and to a lesser extent, Penn State, plays old time football. The rules have changed in addition to change in athletes and you have to be able to throw the ball down the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football