U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:36 PM

8,391 posts, read 8,383,478 times

Advertisements

Most likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 07:59 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,226,607 times
Do any of us honestly stay up late at night worrying about College Football Championship TV ratings???? I don't get how that should ever come in to play for the Playoffs... in the committees mind it might, but for the average joe fan.. who the hell cares/! ?

Old 01-04-2018, 09:31 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,129,743 times
It may have been brought up before, but the committee could select teams in such a way that two teams from the same conference never meet for the NC, as that appears to be a problem to some. I doubt that they could prevent two teams from the same general area meeting in the NC.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:38 PM
JJG

13,248 posts, read 19,189,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Do any of us honestly stay up late at night worrying about College Football Championship TV ratings???? I don't get how that should ever come in to play for the Playoffs... in the committees mind it might, but for the average joe fan.. who the hell cares/! ?
Yeah... that's the point.

The COMMITTEE and the people who run this thing will have the problem because if the "average joe fan" doesn't watch, it's a failure.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah... that's the point.

The COMMITTEE and the people who run this thing will have the problem because if the "average joe fan" doesn't watch, it's a failure.
Do you honestly think that viewership will decline to a point where the ratings resemble something like PBA on ESPN?

There is an ebb and flow to everything. It was not that long ago when USC was the college football dynasty and winning National Championships... now its Alabama and though their reign has lasted longer, it too will end as will the SECs and Souths apparent headlock on the CFP.... I wonder if all those complaining about too many Southern Schools in the CFP will still be complaining in 10 years when there are 2 teams from the BIG10 (Ohio State, Michigan), Notre Dame and UCLA. Probably NOT.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:47 AM
JJG

13,248 posts, read 19,189,929 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think that viewership will decline to a point where the ratings resemble something like PBA on ESPN?
No, I think they will just be as low as what we saw the LAST time there was an all SEC national championship.

Where are you getting PBA from...?

Old 01-05-2018, 09:13 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,361,658 times
Quote:
I could give a rat's ass if ratings are low in the Midwest and on the East & West Coasts. That's the networks, sponsors and NCAA's issue.

Just give me a good football matchup. And, unlike these other fair weather fans posting here, I don't care what teams are in the championship game.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,765,099 times
i would not be watching an oklahoma clemson final .. could care less .. i have watched georgia beat ok 4 times since monday and bama do the same to clemson .

Old 01-05-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No, I think they will just be as low as what we saw the LAST time there was an all SEC national championship.

Where are you getting PBA from...?
PBA = Pro Bowlers Association.. that's on ESPN and viewership or ratings are low..

My point is, what College Football fan cares about ratings..? I don't want to see a CFP that includes only those teams that will give the best ratings.. that makes no sense at all. I get that ratings will/might/could be very low.. for Georgia vs Alabama but I don't care.. why should I?

Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 AM

2,322 posts, read 1,765,099 times
well 11 of the last 12 national championship games have involved SEC teams .. maybe people are getting tired of us ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or