U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the trophy?
Alabama 11 47.83%
Georgia 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:11 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
The worst officiated championship game. Alabama needs to send those refs a nice gift basket. A no call facemask, two obvious holds by Alabamas center on big runs in the third quarter, and then the refs call pass interference when Alabamas players had been doing the same thing all night.

The officiating during the regular season out of the SEC has been bad, but the refs for the other conferences I guess are bad too. Several bowl games were bad, the two playoffs were bad, and this big 10 crew was bad.
sour grapes...

Old 01-09-2018, 12:48 PM

3,312 posts, read 1,657,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Wait... when did he realize this? Because he threw for 405 yds and 4 TDs in the first title game against Bama that they lost.
I have no idea what you’re trying to convey with your comment
Yes, Watson was good the first time they played as well. The point was that he is more than just a running qb. He is a very good passer too. Is that concept difficult to grasp?

Old 01-09-2018, 03:57 PM

9,910 posts, read 8,183,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
sour grapes...
Replays show this to be more than sour grapes. More like flagrant fouls not being called and incorrect fouls called on the wrong team (false start Georgia when Alabama jumped offsides).

Old 01-09-2018, 04:11 PM

It was fixed! Conspiracies abound over Alabama’s win over Georgi
Some clips of bad or missed calls that helped to change the outcome of the game in favor of Alabama.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:28 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I have no idea what you’re trying to convey with your comment
Yes, Watson was good the first time they played as well. The point was that he is more than just a running qb. He is a very good passer too. Is that concept difficult to grasp?
You made it seem like he had to figure out NOT to run... with your "once he figured it out" comment. My point is... he's ALWAYS been a pocket QB. thus the reason he won the elite 11 coming out of high school. Now is that a hard concept to grasp...

Old 01-09-2018, 10:11 PM

6,565 posts, read 9,075,911 times
We've all seen backup QB's do well when opposing teams haven't had time to prepare for them. Tua Tagovailoa benefited from this.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:14 PM

6,565 posts, read 9,075,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post

Saban has balls putting in an untested backup quarterback to shake things up. He certainly knows what he’s doing.
Tua did get some playing time during the season. So he wasn't that untested.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:27 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,889,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Replays show this to be more than sour grapes. More like flagrant fouls not being called and incorrect fouls called on the wrong team (false start Georgia when Alabama jumped offsides).
No doubt..I had no horse in the game but football CLEARLY has a problem with the fact the refs make such a huge difference. Too many calls that could go either way ..called sometimes , sometimes not. Not much they can do about it you just hope you don't get screwed. Georgia got screwed .... not much you can do.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
No doubt..I had no horse in the game but football CLEARLY has a problem with the fact the refs make such a huge difference. Too many calls that could go either way ..called sometimes , sometimes not. Not much they can do about it you just hope you don't get screwed. Georgia got screwed .... not much you can do.
Only thing that can and should be done is an NCAA investigation into the questionable calls made or ignored during the game by this team of officials as well as the possibility of one or more of the officials having placed bets on the game they were officiating. If there was no conscience effort to influence the game’s outcome through questionable calls then the team needs training and review. I can understand calls that, through judgement and perception, be a call that could have gone either way. But some of the calls made or not made during this game were blatantly bad and virtually all in favor of one team that ultimately went on to win the game.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,889,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Only thing that can and should be done is an NCAA investigation into the questionable calls made or ignored during the game by this team of officials as well as the possibility of one or more of the officials having placed bets on the game they were officiating. If there was no conscience effort to influence the game’s outcome through questionable calls then the team needs training and review. I can understand calls that, through judgement and perception, be a call that could have gone either way. But some of the calls made or not made during this game were blatantly bad and virtually all in favor of one team that ultimately went on to win the game.
Yep..look at New England for example..NFL suffers the same problem.. The calls are so subjective..There is holding and interference on EVERY play. Refs call some of em ..others they don't. I don't watch NCAA at all but i imagine its even worse than NFL there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football