U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,084 posts, read 1,021,400 times
Reputation: 1701

Advertisements

Pattern of denial, inaction, information suppression at Michigan State goes beyond Larry Nassar case - ESPN

Also extends to the basketball program...Spartans ain't looking real good right now. I will say this, though...very little here shows how much Dantonio or Izzo knew related to those allegations. So for now, i'm going to hold my judgement.

This could get ugly, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2018, 03:05 PM
 
16,844 posts, read 9,145,768 times
Reputation: 6835
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Pattern of denial, inaction, information suppression at Michigan State goes beyond Larry Nassar case - ESPN

Also extends to the basketball program...Spartans ain't looking real good right now. I will say this, though...very little here shows how much Dantonio or Izzo knew related to those allegations. So for now, i'm going to hold my judgement.

This could get ugly, though.
Dantonio lied and said the recent 4 players accused of rape was the first time it had ever happened and was new territory when it had happened 12 times before. Dantonio had also been involved personally with a previous one.

Izzo for a fact let players and an assistant coach accused of sex crimes stay on. One of the players even admitted that the other player wouldn't listen to no. MSU got the local prosecutor with season tickets to drop the case, and Izzo kept playing a rapist. The victim sued helping to spark the 2014 investigation by the feds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,406 posts, read 8,400,887 times
Reputation: 7024
If nothing has happened to Baylor university after several years of their horrible rape culture scandal & continuing "coverup", MSU shouldn't have to worry much about from the NCAA or even the Title IX Feds.

Sad that so much of this has been going on for so long. Some coaches want to win at any price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 08:53 PM
 
5,504 posts, read 2,328,122 times
Reputation: 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
If nothing has happened to Baylor university after several years of their horrible rape culture scandal & continuing "coverup", MSU shouldn't have to worry much about from the NCAA or even the Title IX Feds.
You haven't been reading the newspapers lately. It's a completely different world now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,406 posts, read 8,400,887 times
Reputation: 7024
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You haven't been reading the newspapers lately. It's a completely different world now.
Then why hasn't the media included Baylor in the jihad against the sex predator culture & those who cover for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2018, 12:11 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,898,630 times
Reputation: 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
If nothing has happened to Baylor university after several years of their horrible rape culture scandal & continuing "coverup", MSU shouldn't have to worry much about from the NCAA or even the Title IX Feds.

Sad that so much of this has been going on for so long. Some coaches want to win at any price.
Baylor fired head football coach Briles and its university president.

Michigan State's president and athletic director already have lost their jobs.

Canning either Dantonio or Izzo might be tough to rebound from for Michigan State. Watching recent body language, my hunch is that Izzo is most vulnerable.

Since its Penn State sanctions, the NCAA has become toothless, both in regard IMO to the North Carolina academic scandal and the Baylor sexual abuse by athletes cover-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2018, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale
1,144 posts, read 561,991 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Pattern of denial, inaction, information suppression at Michigan State goes beyond Larry Nassar case - ESPN

Also extends to the basketball program...Spartans ain't looking real good right now. I will say this, though...very little here shows how much Dantonio or Izzo knew related to those allegations. So for now, i'm going to hold my judgement.

This could get ugly, though.
I am middle aged. Back in the 90s I noticed in the campus newspaper some article about a "hostess". I thought it was odd - what exactly does a "hostess" do? It turns out there are many horror stories regarding that role. Officially, the "hostess" was just a female student meant to show athletic recruits around campus. In reality, there were many sex scandals and "behind-the-scenes" debauchery. It was bad enough that the role has been disbanded quitely since the 1990s. But there was a time when they were widely prevalent as a part of college football recruiting cycles. In terms of toxic masculinity, a hostess was apparently a "sexual conquest" the player didn't have to call back and not feel bad about it. That was the allusion by the "Boz" in his book. Inevitably, scandals grew out-of-control.
https://deadspin.com/5422547/a-brief...ting-hostesses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2018, 06:36 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,898,630 times
Reputation: 4101
Default NCAA takes a pass on MSU enforement action

<<EAST LANSING — Michigan State received a letter from the NCAA this week that cleared it of any potential violations in the wake of Larry Nassar's abuse and allegations of sexual assault against the school's basketball and football programs, according to the university.

Jonathan F. Duncan, the NCAA’s vice president of enforcement, wrote to new MSU athletic director Bill Beekman, “that it does not appear there is a need for further inquiry.”

“We welcome closure in regards to the NCAA inquiry,” Beekman said in a statement. “MSU cooperated fully with the inquiry over the past several months and provided all requested documentation and access to key personnel.”>>

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...on/1143565002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2018, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,267,983 times
Reputation: 1422
That sounds like serious trouble going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 07:52 AM
 
1,907 posts, read 2,959,794 times
Reputation: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I am middle aged. Back in the 90s I noticed in the campus newspaper some article about a "hostess". I thought it was odd - what exactly does a "hostess" do? It turns out there are many horror stories regarding that role. Officially, the "hostess" was just a female student meant to show athletic recruits around campus. In reality, there were many sex scandals and "behind-the-scenes" debauchery. It was bad enough that the role has been disbanded quitely since the 1990s. But there was a time when they were widely prevalent as a part of college football recruiting cycles. In terms of toxic masculinity, a hostess was apparently a "sexual conquest" the player didn't have to call back and not feel bad about it. That was the allusion by the "Boz" in his book. Inevitably, scandals grew out-of-control.
https://deadspin.com/5422547/a-brief...ting-hostesses

From various books I've read on the ins and outs of the behind scenes on college football the hostess role is still prevalent in many SEC / ACC / southern schools. Not sure about the big ten but I know mid major MAC schools in Ohio were still using the role as recently as the early 00's when I was in school. However, they were much more above ground and "legit" if you will with an actual athletic dept coordinator of some sorts in charge of the ladies and the activities. Guy I roomed with in college is now a compliance officer at our alma mater and does not use hostesses. Instead when recruits come on campus they have tour guides and his role as compliance officer these days is to be attached at the hip of each recruit the entire day to make sure everything is on the up and up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top