U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 10:55 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
That should pull Old Dominion out of the so-called Bottom 10, and it might put Virginia Tech in!

Old Dominion sounds like a whiskey, not a university.

Kentucky is going to screw around and win the East.

Kellen Mond's golden horseshoe fell out.

Army nearly beat Oklahoma.

I wish I had seen the Boston College game. Has anyone put their head coach on valium yet? I always love watching Clemson vs BC just to watch that guy. He's going to have a stroke on the sidelines one day.

I've been avoiding saying this.. But.. Hey.. Duke.. If they get past VT next week.. Which I think is tougher now, because they will be looking for a bounceback game.. I've been pretty high on Duke this year.. I just kept waiting for them to screw it all up. They should win out until the Miami game.. If they could pull that off... They will still have Clemson, but they'll have head to head wins over anyone in Coastal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 AM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times
I propose Rutgers vs. Nebraska in the first ever "___________ (fill in a toilet brand here) who gives a $#!t bowl."

I'm not sure which one is worse so far in the early going. Sure, Rutgers does have 1 win vs. Nebraska's 0 wins but holy hell one week after giving up 55 points to Kansas they turn around and lose 43-17 to Buffalo. Good grief!

Old 09-23-2018, 02:16 AM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times
Damn I killed it this week going 24-4 getting to 68-35 on the year.

And Rutgers is so bad my "throw away" just give me a loss with that game pick actually turned out to be a winner. Of course this means somewhere down the road I'll probably have a 6-20 week to make up for this.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:54 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
Well...did pretty good on my picks this week, finishing 20-8. Here's my Top 25 going into next week.

#1: Alabama (4-0)
#2: Ohio State (4-0)
#3: Georgia (4-0)
#4: Clemson (4-0)
#5: West Virginia (3-0) +1
#6: Notre Dame (4-0) +3
#7: LSU (4-0)
#8: Stanford (4-0) +2
#9: Oklahoma (4-0) -4
#10: Auburn (3-1) +1
#11: Washington (3-1) +1
#12: Penn State (4-0) +1
#13: Wisconsin (3-1) +2
#14: UCF (3-0) +2
#15: Michigan (3-1) +4
#16: Miami (3-1) +2
#17: NC State (3-0) +3
#18: Kentucky (4-0) NEW
#19: North Texas (4-0) +3
#20: Michigan State (2-1) +4
#21: Duke (4-0) NEW
#22: Texas (3-1) NEW
#23: USF (4-0) NEW
#24: Mississippi State (3-1) -10
#25: Virginia Tech (2-1) -17

Honorable Mentions/Dropped Out

BYU (3-1)
Missouri (3-1)
Texas Tech (3-1)
Oklahoma State (3-1)
South Carolina (2-1)
Buffalo (4-0)
Boise State (2-1)
Cincinnati (4-0)
Cal (3-0)
Utah State (3-1)
Hawaii (4-1)

Last edited by SouthernTiger; 09-23-2018 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Mis-clicked

Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,237,774 times
Here are my rankings going into next week.

1. Alabama
2. Does it even matter?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:05 AM

348 posts, read 126,827 times
I think Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson can play with Alabama. Despite Georgia being ranked so highly, they seem to get passed over. They really should have won the title game against Alabama last year if not for the god awful calls on the blocked kick.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:07 AM

28,488 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Well, look at you, Old Dominion! Congrats on getting your biggest win in program history, a 49-35 victory over Virginia Tech.
ODU Alum in the house!!!

They didn't have a football team when I graduated. It's only been 10 years that the program has been in existence, and we have got a couple in the NFL.

I couldn't believe what I was watching... Va Tech could not stop them in the 4thQ.

I won't request the mods make a team thread for ODU ... yet.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:04 AM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Here are my rankings going into next week.

1. Alabama
2. Does it even matter?
lol.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:14 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,018,402 times
All right. Here's the picks for Week 5. Here are the games.

UCLA vs. Colorado
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M
Army vs. Buffalo
Syracuse vs. (4) Clemson
(5) West Virginia vs. Texas Tech
Virginia vs. (17) NC State
Florida State vs. Louisville
Old Dominion vs. East Carolina
Pittsburgh vs. (14) UCF
Purdue vs. Nebraska
(22) Texas vs. Kansas State
Nevada vs. Air Force
(15) Michigan vs. Northwestern
Florida vs. (24) Mississippi State
Utah vs. Washington State
Louisiana Tech vs. (19) North Texas
(25) Virginia Tech vs. (21) Duke
(2) Ohio State vs. (12) Penn State
South Carolina vs. (18) Kentucky
(8) Stanford vs. (6) Notre Dame
BYU vs. (11) Washington
Ole Miss vs. (7) LSU
Oregon vs. Cal
Toledo vs. Fresno State
USC vs. Arizona

Pick Overall Record: 62-41
Pick Record Last Week: 20-8

Here are my picks.
UCLA vs. Colorado (Dear lord...while i don't think the Buffs will make much noise in the Pac-12 South or the conference in general this year, the Bruins are much, much worse than i thought. It's difficult to find a game on their schedule that they could win.)
Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (A&M will easily bounce back from last week...worst Razorbacks team i've ever seen. Yeah, even worse than the 2012-13 teams.)
Army vs. Buffalo (I have a weird feeling with this one...yes, Army took Oklahoma to OT, and Buffalo's schedule has not been the best, but...is Oklahoma not that good? Or is Army better than expected? Either way, that Duke blowout raises some questions for me.)
Syracuse vs. Clemson (This is a bit of an under-rated matchup. Either way, i'll take Clemson getting revenge. Regardless of how this goes, Syracuse is in for a great season with how down the ACC is.)
West Virginia vs. Texas Tech (This will be a fun matchup to watch. I know Tech's ranked in the AP poll, but for me...they've still got to prove to me that they're Top 25 worthy. Yes, whipping Oklahoma State in Stillwater was quite the accomplishment, but there's still the humiliation at the hands of Ole Miss to remember...)
Virginia vs. NC State (I'll go with the Wolf Pack in a 1-score game.)
Florida State vs. Louisville (What's this? The Seminoles showing signs of life against FBS teams? Wow...i'll take them to get their first conference win on the road. Louisville is just as bad, and maybe if not worse, then the Seminoles are. Just my opinion.)
Old Dominion vs. East Carolina (The hilarious part is how the Monarchs are an underdog despite last week. I think Old Dominion notches win number two, and East Carolina continues down the road to hell once more.)
Pittsburgh vs. UCF (Just when i think this is the year Pitt will finally beat UNC...ugh. I have no faith that they can end UCF's winning streak. I don't see that happening until conference play.)
Purdue vs. Nebraska (Purdue finally gets the train rolling a bit late...and they'll continue on here.)
Texas vs. Kansas State (I'll take us to win, and we should with how K-State is this year, but with our history in Manhattan, that is not a 100% guarantee. This is a potential trap game for us, so nothing is out of the possibility here.)
Nevada vs. Air Force (This is a guess.)
Michigan vs. Northwestern (So, both Notre Dame and Michigan are real good after all, it seems. Wolverines should win...although Northwestern is a team you should not underestimate, no matter how they're doing. That's how it'll be as long as Fitzgerald is there.)
Florida vs. Mississippi State (I'll take the Bulldogs to bounce back here...)
Utah vs. Washington State (Yuck, Utes offense is bad...sorry for them, but i can't see them winning in Pullman.)
Louisiana Tech vs. North Texas (Still riding the Mean Green train all the way...this could be an interesting matchup, but i don't think the Bulldogs will be entirely ready.)
Virginia Tech vs. Duke (Honestly, even with Josh Jackson injured, i think that by the end of the year, we'll all be looking back on the Old Dominion result and wondering "how the hell did that happen?")
Ohio State vs. Penn State (This'll live up to the hype, but i think this Ohio State team is for real this time. Dwayne Haskins is a potential Heisman candidate, and both have the top 2 scoring offenses (I think, i could be wrong), but i think the Buckeyes have enough to outlast Penn State in Happy Valley.)
South Carolina vs. Kentucky (I thought this would be the year South Carolina would snap their streak against Vanderbilt. Now, with this potentially being the Wildcats' best team they've ever had under Mark Stoops, i find it unlikely now.)
Stanford vs. Notre Dame (Sorry, Stanford, but Notre Dame will not hand the game away to you like Oregon did. Trust me...Notre Dame is the master of tricking their competition into thinking they'll beat them, before breaking their hearts. And now, with the change in quarterbacks that was much needed, they have finally found an offensive identity. Notre Dame hype train will really kick up to steam after this week.)
BYU vs. Washington (I really can't see BYU playing spoiler twice.)
Ole Miss vs. LSU (I'll take the Tigers, but i still would not overlook Ole Miss, as they do have an offense...even if that offense was not as electric last week. Not a game where you want to get cocky here.)
Oregon vs. Cal (Ehh...I don't think Cal's Top 25 ready yet, as they have not looked real impressive.)
Toledo vs. Fresno State (Tossup.)
USC vs. Arizona (USC is great at home, but terrible on the road. I'll give the Wildcats one last chance here...if they let me down again, on the s**t-list they go.)

Last edited by SouthernTiger; 09-26-2018 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Corrected spelling error

Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,237,774 times
So Hurts stays with Alabama and Bryant leaves Clemson. This new redshirt rule is making things very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or