U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 08:11 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times

Advertisements

Ohio Western Mich game might have been today?? I just got home from work, I'll pick Western Michigan and hope they lost (are losing) to avoid any controversy. I'll get the rest and my totals from last week in later tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
If it's a close game that comes down to kicking, then LSU has the advantage.
Alabama's kicking game (particularly punting and place kicking) leaves a lot to be desired.
The only thing in this game that may get decided on kicking is whether Alabama wins more than 20 or less than 20.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:51 PM

2,561 posts, read 1,017,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The only thing in this game that may get decided on kicking is whether Alabama wins more than 20 or less than 20.
Remember its in Death Valley, which gives LSU a huge edge. This game could be close..

Old 10-31-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Remember its in Death Valley, which gives LSU a huge edge. This game could be close..
The last game decided by more than 10 points at LSU was 2006, so maybe I could see. But this LSU team can struggle on offense, and against Alabama you have got to get points on basically every drive you have because you know Tua is going to get touchdowns for the Tide.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
The last game decided by more than 10 points at LSU was 2006, so maybe I could see. But this LSU team can struggle on offense, and against Alabama you have got to get points on basically every drive you have because you know Tua is going to get touchdowns for the Tide.
Depends on how good Joe Burrow is on Saturday and how much pressure they put on Tua. I'm thinking this is going to be a close one. If LSU can keep it close, they have a real chance.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:06 AM

Week: 14-14
Overall: 145-73

Old 11-01-2018, 12:46 AM

Last week: 14-14

Ohio vs. Western Michigan. Turns out the game is actually Thursday and has not been played, but I'll still take Western Michigan despite how terrible they were last week.
Temple vs. (5) UCF. If this was in Temple I may pick Temple, but in Orlando I'll take the Knights to keep winning.
Pittsburgh vs. Virginia. Like SouthernTiger I've given out trying to figure out the Coastal Division, I'll just pick home teams from here on out.
Western Kentucky vs. Mid Tenn State. I'll take the Raiders at home.
Colorado vs. Arizona. What I figured what is happening to Colorado has come true, look at that?? And maybe Arizona can continue what they did last week??
Air Force vs. Army. Throw out the records when the service academy's play, but I'll take Army at home.
Michigan State vs. Maryland. Spartans on the road over the circus that is College Park right now, what a mess!
Oklahoma State vs. Baylor. I'll take the Pokes by a field goal in Waco.
South Carolina vs. Ole Miss. I'll go with the home team I guess??
Syracuse vs. Wake Forest. Not sold on Syracuse traveling, I'll take the Deacons by a field goal.
Texas A&M vs. Auburn. I'll take the Tigers to apparently win the first home game in this series since A&M became an SEC school.
Florida State vs. NC State. Florida State can't possibly be any worse than they were last week while the Pack are coming off 2 straight losses, but I'll take them in Raleigh.
(7) Georgia vs. (12) Kentucky. Hey look at that!? With both teams beating Florida, the winner of this likely ends up winning the SEC East, though a lot can happen in the final month (like watch Kentucky lose to Tennessee later on in the year). Since "Kentucky winning the East" was my sleeper pick of the season, I have to pick them even though Georgia likely wins.
Iowa vs. Purdue. I'll gamble with Iowa on the road again. I think Purdue already played their championship game this year AND already lost to Northwestern so they are likely out of the West race while Iowa plays them next weekend and a win will keep them in the hunt.
Kansas State vs. TCU. Both teams have had problems this year, I'll take TCU at home.
Minnesota vs. Illinois. Minnesota as Illinois is just bad.
(10) West Virginia vs. (13) Texas. Yes, Texas defense will likely get lit up by Grier, but I think in Austin they pull out the win late.
Boston College vs. Virginia Tech. Old Dominion broke Virginia Tech, they have not been the same since.
(14) Penn State vs. (6) Michigan. Michigan at home as Harbaugh outcoaches James Franklin.
(19) Utah vs. Arizona State. Much like the ACC coastal division, I've given up trying to figure these 2 teams out, so I'll roll with the home team.
Duke vs. Miami. ACC Coastal division game= pick the home team!
(2) Notre Dame vs. Northwestern. I said a couple weeks ago this was one of the few potential games ND had left on their schedule they can lose. Syracuse may give them trouble, and USC at home at least isn't terrible so I'd give them at least a chance Thanksgiving weekend, but this looks to be the final major hurdle for an undefeated season for the Irish. And unfortunately for them, this Northwestern team is probably the worst team they could be playing. They always play a lot better the last half of the season with this year no exception. Like usual, they had their early season losses to Duke, Akron & blew that 17 point lead to Michigan, and since then they have not lost a game. This isn't a true "home" game per say for Northwestern as I believe this is at Soldier Field, and there will likely be more ND fans at the game anyways, but the Northwestern faithful can party hard into the night and the weekend (and they'll get an extra hour to party too as the clocks get set back) as the Wildcats knock the Irish from the ranks of the unbeaten and out of the playoff race.
(1) Alabama vs. (3) LSU. There hasn't been a game in Baton Rouge decided by more than 10 points since the 2006 season [before Saban when LSU won 28-14], but I think that streak ends this year: That Bama offense with Tua is just too good, and they WILL score on LSU's defense....I'm not sure Joe Burrow can lead the Tigers on sustained scoring drives. And the Tigers will have to convert touchdowns, not settle for Field Goals, even though the kicker is one of the best in football, kicking 5 field goals in the red zone isn't going to get them the win, but 5 red zone touchdowns very well could though. I'll take Bama to win 28-10.
Stanford vs. (21) Washington. Boy, has this game lost a lot of luster in October. This has been rendered all but meaningless with all of the other action on the slate for this weekend, but as I stated in the Pac 12 Washington, even with that dreadful home loss to Cal still controls their destiny in the Pac 12 North race.
BYU vs. Boise State. I'll take Boise at home on the blue turf.
Cal vs. (11) Washington State. Tough to pick against Wazzu right now even at home. I may pick against them in the Apple Cup later in November, but until that time comes it'll be tough too. I think they play Colorado a couple weeks before the Apple Cup, so may pick against them there as well, but definitely not here.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:

Ohio vs. Western Michigan. Turns out the game is actually Thursday and has not been played, but I'll still take Western Michigan despite how terrible they were last week.
On a good day, Burrow is very good.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:

I should give myself 10 losses for picking this. What an embarrassment. I'm currently at halftime and it's 45-0 does it get ANY better in the 2nd half or should I just erase it now??

Old 11-02-2018, 11:06 AM

929 posts, read 296,139 times
No earth shattering upsets I am projecting this week. Notre Dame takes care of business vs Northwestern and why I think LSU is solidly the second best team in the country, they aren't beating Bama. If I had to call one among the top ten, take Penn St over Michigan. But that's if I had to pick one this week. I still lean Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or