U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 01:30 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,076,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The last game decided by more than 10 points at LSU was 2006, so maybe I could see. But this LSU team can struggle on offense, and against Alabama you have got to get points on basically every drive you have because you know Tua is going to get touchdowns for the Tide.

I'm figuring this to be a decisive victory by Alabama.. But.. Close. I'm thinking something like 34-23. Not a complete blowout, but a fairly convincing win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 02:32 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,331,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I agree.. I did some figuring on it last week.. Again, my reasoning is that I want them to get in so they get stomped and they can all just shut the hell up.

This was my idea on how they could make it..

That would basically mean that they'd have to be placed below 2-loss teams. At that point, I think a strong case could be made for Alabama, Clemson, ND and UCF.

And.. UCF vs Alabama.. That will not be pretty.

I watched the UCF/Temple game last night. That was the second UCF game I have watched in it's entirety in the past few weeks. I know UCF has a long winning streak going and all that but look at who they play. It is an absolute joke. They are undersized, weak on defense and rely heavily on hurry up offense. If they were to make the top four and into the playoffs it would be ugly. Big time ugly. Alabama or Clemson either one would completely annilate them in the first half and then play the third string, cheerleaders and water boy the second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
If it's a close game that comes down to kicking, then LSU has the advantage.
Alabama's kicking game (particularly punting and place kicking) leaves a lot to be desired.
Quote:
Not disputing that at all. Just making an observation on a phase of the game (kicking) that many overlook.

Saban does not like kicking field goals and never has. He is more of a keep moving the ball for a touchdown or punt, shut them down with defense, get the ball back and try to get a touchdown again. If he focused on the kicking game, he would be 3 deep in 4 and 5 star field goal kickers. It's just not his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm figuring this to be a decisive victory by Alabama.. But.. Close. I'm thinking something like 34-23. Not a complete blowout, but a fairly convincing win.

I am thinking LSU's defense is good enough to slow Bamas scoring down but not stop them. My guess is Bama 35 -17

Old 11-02-2018, 03:55 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,076,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I am thinking LSU's defense is good enough to slow Bamas scoring down but not stop them. My guess is Bama 35 -17

There's a joke here about you assuming Alabama's kicker will make 5 PATs.. But.. Perhaps you're assuming they'll go for 2.. lol

Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 AM

5,093 posts, read 6,857,884 times
Big day in College Football!

Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2018, 08:17 PM

28,258 posts, read 26,226,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah. LSU will probably spend the better part of the afternoon trapped on the wrong side of the field with Burrow getting annihilated by Bama's pass rush and their run game getting completely shut down. Even if Tua has a suboptimal day, they will have more success moving the ball than any Alabama team vs LSU ever, which means LSU will rarely have good field position to work with. The LSU secondary will be under duress all day long.
This was exactly the story of the 1st half.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:21 PM

Alabama still hasn't played anybody. Any other team in the Top 5 would have gone into Death Valley and won 29-0, including Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
No earth shattering upsets I am projecting this week. Notre Dame takes care of business vs Northwestern and why I think LSU is solidly the second best team in the country, they aren't beating Bama. If I had to call one among the top ten, take Penn St over Michigan. But that's if I had to pick one this week. I still lean Michigan.
You must be from Louisiana or something.

LSU is hardly the second best team in the country. They couldn't even score at home in a game they've been obsessing over for a year. Clemson would lose to Alabama too, but Trevor Lawrence and their offense at least give them a puncher's chance.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 11-03-2018 at 09:38 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 09:39 PM

578 posts, read 373,582 times
2 missed PATs.
The adventure that is Alabama's kicking game continues.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
2 missed PATs.
The adventure that is Alabama's kicking game continues.
That might actually matter in a game against Clemson.

IMHO Clemson is the only hope we have against Bama this year. Lawrence is a better arm talent than Tua. He still has a lot of growing up to do, but he's one of the few guys who can really stretch the Bama defense out and take its tops off. They've also got a stable of good running backs and a stout defense. They'll still likely lose, but at least it might be a game.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:03 PM

578 posts, read 373,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That might actually matter in a game against Clemson.

IMHO Clemson is the only hope we have against Bama this year. Lawrence is a better arm talent than Tua. He still has a lot of growing up to do, but he's one of the few guys who can really stretch the Bama defense out and take its tops off. They've also got a stable of good running backs and a stout defense. They'll still likely lose, but at least it might be a game.
I'd add Michigan, also.
At least on defense.
They seem to be clicking on all cylinders now.
Ohio State is gonna be mincemeat this year against the Wolverines.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:56 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,965 times
Did a respectable 20-6 on picks this week. Here's my Top 25 going into next week.

#1: Alabama (9-0)
#2: Notre Dame (9-0)
#3: Michigan (8-1) +2
#4: Clemson (9-0)
#5: UCF (8-0)
#6: Georgia (8-1) +1
#7: Oklahoma (8-1) +1
#8: West Virginia (7-1) +2
#9: Washington State (8-1) +2
#10: Ohio State (8-1) -1
#11: LSU (7-2) -8
#12: Utah State (8-1) +4
#13: Fresno State (8-1) +5
#14: Cincinnati (8-1) +6
#15: Kentucky (7-2) -3
#16: Boston College (7-2) NEW
#17: Syracuse (7-2) NEW
#18: Texas (6-3) -5
#19: Washington (7-3) +2
#20: Wisconsin (6-3) +4
#21: Buffalo (8-1) +4
#22: Boise State (7-2) NEW
#23: UAB (8-1) NEW
#24: Penn State (6-3) -10
#25: San Diego State (7-2) NEW

Honorable Mentions

North Texas (7-2)
Florida (6-3)
Auburn (6-3)
Utah (6-3)
Army (7-2)
Michigan State (6-3)
NC State (6-2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or