U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 07:59 AM

929 posts, read 296,681 times

Advertisements

And every week, I continued to shake my head at the dumbfounding coaching decisions. Are these guys really just a notch below the pros? I'd honestly expect more rational decision making at times from pee wee level football. This time around its the Iowa coach who fakes a chip shot fg which which would have put Iowa up three scores in the 4th quarter. Lord and behold, Nebraska comes all the way back to tie the game late, before losing. Inexplicably stupid decisions by these coaches. I notice all the time too in games the past few years, offenses protecting leads late in games, snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds remaining on the play clock when the clock is running. Unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 11:36 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
How do people consider Ohio State - Michigan a rivalry anymore? Ohio State has won 16 of the last 18 games. Michigan hasn't won a game in Columbus in 18 years. In that same stretch, Ohio State has won 7 games in Ann Arbor, including 7 of the last 9.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:50 AM

6,540 posts, read 4,490,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
How do people consider Ohio State - Michigan a rivalry anymore? Ohio State has won 16 of the last 18 games. Michigan hasn't won a game in Columbus in 18 years. In that same stretch, Ohio State has won 7 games in Ann Arbor, including 7 of the last 9.
Same with UVA/VA Tech, Washington/Wash State, Stanford/Cal, etc.

I think OSU/PSU, Mich State/Michigan and Michigan State/Ohio State are better rivalries at this point.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:04 PM

Same old Michigan. Michigan can never win the big one against Ohio State. Top 4 pretty much set in stone now:

Alabama is IN as long as they beat either Auburn today OR Georgia next weekend.
Notre Dame is IN as long as they beat USC today
I'm going to make a bold prediction here but I believe Clemson is now officially safe even IF they lose 1 of these 2 games.
Final spot comes down to: Georgia if they beat Alabama will be 4th team. Oklahoma if they beat Texas AND Georgia loses to Alabama will be the 4th.
Ohio State gets in if BOTH Georgia & Oklahoma lose next week and they beat Northwestern.
Notre Dame gets in if Ohio State, Oklahoma & Georgia all lose next weekend and they lose to USC.
Michigan gets in if Clemson loses TWICE OR Notre Dame beats USC, and Ohio State, Oklahoma & Georgia all lose next weekend.
Nobody else is in the discussion (sorry UCF)

Not a lot of pandemonium even if we get upsets for championship weekend.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:29 PM

929 posts, read 296,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Same old Michigan. Michigan can never win the big one against Ohio State. Top 4 pretty much set in stone now:

Alabama is IN as long as they beat either Auburn today OR Georgia next weekend.
Notre Dame is IN as long as they beat USC today
I'm going to make a bold prediction here but I believe Clemson is now officially safe even IF they lose 1 of these 2 games.
Final spot comes down to: Georgia if they beat Alabama will be 4th team. Oklahoma if they beat Texas AND Georgia loses to Alabama will be the 4th.
Ohio State gets in if BOTH Georgia & Oklahoma lose next week and they beat Northwestern.
Notre Dame gets in if Ohio State, Oklahoma & Georgia all lose next weekend and they lose to USC.
Michigan gets in if Clemson loses TWICE OR Notre Dame beats USC, and Ohio State, Oklahoma & Georgia all lose next weekend.
Nobody else is in the discussion (sorry UCF)

Not a lot of pandemonium even if we get upsets for championship weekend.
Had a feeling Ohio State would show a different color from what they have most of this season. Harbaugh will catch a lot more heat, though I feel most of it to this point has been undeserved. Georgia-Alabama next week is interesting. May well be a case of losing pretty. Georgia loses a close one vs Alabama, they should get in, and long before Ohio State.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Had a feeling Ohio State would show a different color from what they have most of this season. Harbaugh will catch a lot more heat, though I feel most of it to this point has been undeserved. Georgia-Alabama next week is interesting. May well be a case of losing pretty. Georgia loses a close one vs Alabama, they should get in, and long before Ohio State.
I agree. I did this rankings on how I predicted they'd be ranked heading into next weekend. Alabama is still going to be in the top 4 even if they lose to Auburn, rest of the top 5 (assuming no one loses) how I see it: Clemson (#2 [#1 if Bama loses]), Notre Dame (#3 [#2 if Bama loses]), Georgia (#4), Oklahoma (#5). I'll update the top 10 after the LSU & Notre Dame games go final.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:11 PM

16,526 posts, read 20,972,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Good point made here. If nothing else over the last couple decades it's known as the the hammer and the nail rivalry. Michigan is the nail and Ohio State is the hammer.
And the game finishes up---Ohio State 62, Michigan 39.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:55 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I agree. I did this rankings on how I predicted they'd be ranked heading into next weekend. Alabama is still going to be in the top 4 even if they lose to Auburn, rest of the top 5 (assuming no one loses) how I see it: Clemson (#2 [#1 if Bama loses]), Notre Dame (#3 [#2 if Bama loses]), Georgia (#4), Oklahoma (#5). I'll update the top 10 after the LSU & Notre Dame games go final.

I'll be honest.. Oklahoma doesn't deserve to be where they are with that so called defense. They'll get killed if they make it in.

Ok.. So.. If someone will be killed in the semi-finals.. I want that to be UCF.. because I want them shut up. Unfortunately, I think now they'll say "We didn't have our QB".. but.. What does it take to make it happen?

Georgia has to lose to Alabama in a blowout. Oklahoma loses to Texas. LSU loses to A&M.

To be safe.. Ohio State losing to Northwestern, but.. I don't think their win over Michigan is enough to leapfrog UCF. Not counting that loss to Purdue.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:51 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
This is a large failure for Michigan and Harbaugh. He's 0-4 against Ohio State and this was Michigan's best chance to win the Big Ten.

I hope we get some chaos next week and Northwestern pulls the upset.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:33 PM

4,211 posts, read 2,828,597 times
Harbaugh....

I'm a fan, but it's time for him to come back to the NFL. Granted, he had big game issues there too, but it just seems like he's circling the drains at Michigan. Start the year with great expectations, flounder in the biggest spots, and today was the most embarrassing of them all. UM gave him a lot of money and he has restored respectability back to the program, but he can't be paid like this for the results he's getting. He can't even get into the tournament. He's like what, 2-8 vs rivals now, something like that?

I like Harbaugh, I really do. I don't know if he's the guy for UM. No one wants to fall back to the depths of the previous regimes, but damn, is anything worse than being close, but just not good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or