Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 07:31 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,066,522 times

Advertisements

I wish that OSU had shown up all season, but they always prepare for this game differently. Michigans offense is stuck in the 1980's. I thought this game was going to be a lot closer, but nope
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 09:32 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,788,407 times
Notre Dame is going to beat USC. Which conference will join the Pac 12 and be left out of the playoff? It will either be the Big Ten or the Big 12 more than likely. Let the OU vs. Ohio State debate begin.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:52 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,380,623 times
16-13 on picks this week. Also, did anyone last night stay up and watch the LSU-A&M game? Insane...highest-scoring game in FBS history. Anyway, here's my Top 25.

#1: Alabama (12-0)
#2: Notre Dame (12-0)
#3: Clemson (12-0)
#4: Ohio State (11-1) +5
#5: UCF (11-0)
#6: Georgia (11-1)
#7: Oklahoma (11-1)
#8: Boise State (10-2) +5
#9: Michigan (10-2) -5
#10: Washington (9-3) +6
#11: Texas (9-3) +3
#12: Washington State (10-2) -4
#13: Fresno State (10-2) +2
#14: Utah State (10-2) -4
#15: Utah (9-3) +2
#16: West Virginia (8-3) -4
#17: LSU (9-3) -6
#18: Cincinnati (10-2)
#19: Penn State (9-3)
#20: Florida (9-3)
#21: Syracuse (9-3)
#22: Army (9-2)
#23: Kentucky (9-3)
#24: Appalachian State (9-2) NEW
#25: Buffalo (10-2) NEW

Honorable Mentions/Dropped Out

Texas A&M (8-4)
Georgia Southern (9-3)
NC State (8-3)
Northwestern (8-4)
North Texas (9-3)
Mississippi State (8-4)

Old 11-25-2018, 04:03 AM

2 posts, read 753 times
Too early to tell. I don't like looking at the polls until mid-season chiefly because, for the most part, they are little more than a ranking of SID departments and their ability to pimp their schools.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:43 AM

939 posts, read 502,848 times
I knew this would happen: all this overreaction to one game. Michigan in my mind had never even proven a thing all season, yet by beating them, we have our usual overreaction to what happened in the past 15 minutes. And for a second straight season, suddenly in a blink of an eye, Ohio State suddenly is somehow a viable playoff contender. I guess I have to buy in to Oklahoma to some degree: someone has to be in contention besides Central Florida, but it amazes me in recent seasons, it’s become a real struggle to identify just four solid I-A football teams. My eyes don’t deceive me, and unless something makes me really have to take another hard look at Alabama/Georgia, I think the loser of the SEC championship game is far more deserving than Ohio St/Oklahoma. Especially given those two tesms’ swiss cheese defenses.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,484,379 times
I HATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL I have decided!!!!

2 weeks in a row and none of our college teams can win a game: sad thing, they have all been good in the past: what the HELL happened to them this year???.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,431,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I knew this would happen: all this overreaction to one game. Michigan in my mind had never even proven a thing all season, yet by beating them, we have our usual overreaction to what happened in the past 15 minutes. And for a second straight season, suddenly in a blink of an eye, Ohio State suddenly is somehow a viable playoff contender. I guess I have to buy in to Oklahoma to some degree: someone has to be in contention besides Central Florida, but it amazes me in recent seasons, it’s become a real struggle to identify just four solid I-A football teams. My eyes don’t deceive me, and unless something makes me really have to take another hard look at Alabama/Georgia, I think the loser of the SEC championship game is far more deserving than Ohio St/Oklahoma. Especially given those two tesms’ swiss cheese defenses.
The committee isn't gonna put in a two-loss Georgia team if they lose to Alabama.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:49 AM

939 posts, read 502,848 times
Sure they can. There is no rule they can’t. Auburn was ranked in the top four last season with two losses, heading into the SEC Championship. If Georgia loses to Alabama, particularly if it’s close, they may well be deemed better than a one loss Oklahoma/Ohio St. Georgia has no common opponents when compared to Ohio St/Oklahoma. So it makes it particularly fruitless to be ranking pecking order simply by number of losses just as much as to elevate C. Florida among the top 4 because it has fewer losses than all but three other programs.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:10 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,271,634 times
Quote:
And for the second straight season, OSU has an ugly loss on their resume.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,431,064 times
Quote:
Sure they can. There is no rule they can’t. Auburn was ranked in the top four last season with two losses, heading into the SEC Championship. If Georgia loses to Alabama, particularly if it’s close, they may well be deemed better than a one loss Oklahoma/Ohio St. Georgia has no common opponents when compared to Ohio St/Oklahoma. So it makes it particularly fruitless to be ranking pecking order simply by number of losses just as much as to elevate C. Florida among the top 4 because it has fewer losses than all but three other programs.
Yeah, but if you're gonna trash Ohio State for an ugly loss to Purdue. You can't give Georgia a pass for losing the regular season finale to Georgia Tech and losing the SEC Championship game to Alabama just because they're an SEC team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football