U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-02-2018, 12:45 AM
 
9,425 posts, read 7,076,026 times
Reputation: 12187

Advertisements

Now the million dollar question seems to be..



Is a 2 loss Georgia better than a one loss Ohio State or Oklahoma?

I'd say.. Probably yes. However.. There'll be screaming. And.. Georgia showed what rattling Tua can do. You get to him, you knock him around.. Cracks show.

Will Georgia, by a loss, leapfrog Notre Dame? I'd say no.

Which means.. We get a repeat of this game in a month.

One side note.. There has never been an undefeated National Champion in the playoff era.. And no team ranked #1 going into the playoffs has ever won the National Championship. Which doesn't bode well for Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2018, 04:34 AM
 
929 posts, read 296,392 times
Reputation: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Now the million dollar question seems to be..



Is a 2 loss Georgia better than a one loss Ohio State or Oklahoma?

I'd say.. Probably yes. However.. There'll be screaming. And.. Georgia showed what rattling Tua can do. You get to him, you knock him around.. Cracks show.

Will Georgia, by a loss, leapfrog Notre Dame? I'd say no.

Which means.. We get a repeat of this game in a month.

One side note.. There has never been an undefeated National Champion in the playoff era.. And no team ranked #1 going into the playoffs has ever won the National Championship. Which doesn't bode well for Alabama.
You know the furthest from my mind was how the teams are/would be ranked. I don't even know currently the rankings, except that Alabama is #1. Georgia could be slid out of the potential fourth spot just for no other reason than to keep another Georgia-Alabama match-up from happening. I think Georgia should be fourth. Will they be? Doubt it. I sort of suspect Oklahoma gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 04:40 AM
 
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
2,084 posts, read 1,017,965 times
Reputation: 1701
All right. With the conference titles done, after going 7-6 this week, here's my last Top 25 until after the natty.

#1: Alabama (13-0)
#2: Notre Dame (12-0)
#3: Clemson (13-0)
#4: Ohio State (12-1)
#5: UCF (12-0)
#6: Oklahoma (12-1) +1
#7: Michigan (10-2) +2
#8: Washington (10-3) +2
#9: Fresno State (11-2) +4
#10: Georgia (11-2) -4
#11: Washington State (10-2) +1
#12: Boise State (10-3) -4
#13: Utah State (10-2) +1
#14: West Virginia (8-3) +2
#15: Texas (9-4) -4
#16: LSU (9-3) +1
#17: Cincinnati (10-2) +1
#18: Penn State (9-3) +1
#19: Florida (9-3) +1
#20: Syracuse (9-3) +1
#21: Utah (9-4) -6
#22: Army (9-2)
#23: Kentucky (9-3)
#24: Appalachian State (10-2)
#25: Texas A&M (8-4) NEW

Honorable Mentions/Dropped Out

NC State (9-3)
Georgia Southern (9-3)
UAB (10-3)
North Texas (9-3)
Mississippi State (8-4)
Buffalo (10-3)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Murrica
3,142 posts, read 1,793,602 times
Reputation: 2134
My prediction. Oklahoma in, Georgia out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Around and about
578 posts, read 373,582 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
My prediction. Oklahoma in, Georgia out.
That's how I see it as well although I think Ga is the better team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Murrica
3,142 posts, read 1,793,602 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
That's how I see it as well although I think Ga is the better team.
I agree, but don't think the committee will look past the 2 losses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 11:42 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Reputation: 5395
Alabama at 1 where they belong. Clemson needed to be at 2. ND at 3 works. Oklahoma in the Final Top 4. Georgia (5) stays not too far off. The top 3 are undefeated, which still makes sense, and the Top 4 never needed to include UCF. Committee had to be discussing both OK and Georgia a bunch.


Ohio State (6) did not need to be in the mix at all. UCF makes more sense to me at 6. Finally, the CFP does not need an 8-team playoff, and never will. These are my opinions, and I have no desire to debate my thoughts. There is more than enough discussion going on everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,488,527 times
Reputation: 2462
I don't get all the hoopola about Georgia. If anything, Ohio State has a bigger gripe about being left out than Georgia, but that's for a different day, but let's talk about Georgia here. Yes, they play in the SEC. Yes, they played a pretty tough schedule. Yes, they did actually give Alabama a competitive game (something Oklahoma probably won't do), but let's see what else Georgia did. They had 2 losses, and no 2 loss team had made the playoff, and you certainly couldn't include a 2 loss team that WASN'T a conference champ over two power 5 conference champs with 1 loss and a non power 5 unbeaten. And Georgia also was up 2 touchdowns with 17 minutes to play. Sure, great comeback by Alabama, but I say this to Georgia: Hey Georgia, if you want in on the playoff, win that damn game!!!!!!!!!!! 1 of their losses was to a 9-3 team that they got thoroughly dominated in, and the other was the game they were up 14 points with 17 minutes to play. For once, the committee got it right. It may not be as competitive as a game, but they got the 4 most deserving teams in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 04:23 PM
 
107 posts, read 35,132 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Alabama at 1 where they belong. Clemson needed to be at 2. ND at 3 works. Oklahoma in the Final Top 4. Georgia (5) stays not too far off. The top 3 are undefeated, which still makes sense, and the Top 4 never needed to include UCF. Committee had to be discussing both OK and Georgia a bunch.


Ohio State (6) did not need to be in the mix at all. UCF makes more sense to me at 6. Finally, the CFP does not need an 8-team playoff, and never will. These are my opinions, and I have no desire to debate my thoughts. There is more than enough discussion going on everywhere.
You are completely wrong. UCF should be in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 05:55 PM
JRR
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
3,677 posts, read 2,224,193 times
Reputation: 5218
I was hoping for a UCF/Oklahoma match up in some bowl. Might have been a fun game with a final score of 100 to 99.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top