U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,337,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Wait for it the same way we were waiting for that Clemson butt whipping to happen? Okay. You guys are great at predictions.

Dabo going to Alabama would be like Kobe demanding to be traded to the Chicago Bulls in 1999.
A little butt sore are we? Tired of Alabama and the other SEC teams and now Clemson dominating college football perhaps. Why not ***** at your team's coaches and your conference to step up and do something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 08:58 AM

5,296 posts, read 3,327,119 times
Quote:
Dabo going to Alabama would be like Kobe demanding to be traded to the Chicago Bulls in 1999.
Dabo was asked about the possibility of going to coach Alabama in the future back in September 2017 and he said "I've always said 'you never say never,' because you have no idea what the dynamics are going to be."

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk he would leave Clemson for Alabama, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he did, just sayin'!

Old 01-09-2019, 08:58 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,263,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
A little butt sore are we? Tired of Alabama and the other SEC teams and now Clemson dominating college football perhaps. Why not ***** at your team's coaches and your conference to step up and do something?
A little projection maybe? Your team just got its rear end handed to it. Why not ask Saban and Tua to step up and do something?

Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM

3,152 posts, read 1,803,454 times
Dani did play college ball at Bama. I don’t think you can say never.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,263,727 times
It's interesting how some SEC fans are trying to include Clemson as an honorary member of their conference now. "Tired of Alabama and SEC teams and now Clemson." I don't think many people are tired of Clemson aside from Nick Saban and South Carolina Gamecock fans. The rest of the country feels Clemson did us all a solid by kicking Bama and the SEC (yes, the whole SEC because they are pretty much all hanger ons) right in their teeth.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,337,745 times
Quote:
A little projection maybe? Your team just got its rear end handed to it. Why not ask Saban and Tua to step up and do something?
I'm not tired of them being one of the top two teams pretty much every year. Why would I complain? lol

I am also not complaining about Alabama losing the championship game. You were bragging about your prediction a few posts ago. If you will look back at my posts from last week, you will see that I posted that the championship game would come down to turnovers and who made the mistakes. Alabama had turnovers and made the mistakes. Clemson capitalized and handed them their ass on a platter.

Quote:
It's interesting how some SEC fans are trying to include Clemson as an honorary member of their conference now. "Tired of Alabama and SEC teams and now Clemson." I don't think many people are tired of Clemson aside from Nick Saban and South Carolina Gamecock fans. The rest of the country feels Clemson did us all a solid by kicking Bama and the SEC (yes, the whole SEC because they are pretty much all hanger ons) right in their teeth.
Now you are just plain stretching and trying to argue just for the sake of arguing. There has been nothing but complaining the past two weeks about Alabama and Clemson being in the playoffs and ultimately the championship game yet again. If you missed all that complaining, look back a few weeks in the threads and also go back and read all the sports articles and news stories from the past month......constant complaining. Where are these SEC fans trying to include Clemson as an honorary member of the SEC? I haven't seen those posts or news articles anywhere.

Hang in there......it is only a little over 7 months until you can start complaining about a whole new season.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:17 AM

8,391 posts, read 8,383,478 times
Quote:

Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM

579 posts, read 375,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
This is true. Dabo Sweeney is absolutely untouchable at Clemson, having long surpassed Ford in the imagination of their fans. Meanwhile, anyone who takes the job at Alabama will be judged by the mouth breathers against the greatest football coach in history.

If it does come to pass, then Clemson will return to swimming in a sea of mediocrity but the team that will suffer most will be Auburn since Dabo's teams have shown a propensity for defeating them.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 PM

5,296 posts, read 3,327,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
If it does come to pass, then Clemson will return to swimming in a sea of mediocrity but the team that will suffer most will be Auburn since Dabo's teams have shown a propensity for defeating them.
It would be a "win-win" for 'Bama with Saban as their coach for X more years, then Dabo coming in and coaching the Tide for another 10-15 or more years.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:28 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,101,948 times
Quote:

Gamecock fans around here are somewhat torn, but most are happy that Clemson won.. First, it's in state, so even if it's your rivals, at least it's in state.. And second, they beat Alabama, who is also in the SEC and generally beats Carolina when they play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
It would be a "win-win" for 'Bama with Saban as their coach for X more years, then Dabo coming in and coaching the Tide for another 10-15 or more years.
Makes no sense. For Dabo to leave Clemson for Alabama.. Now.. I think the "Never say Never" part is that he gets burned out in 5 to 10 years and 'retires' for a while, then Alabama comes calling.

But, quitting Clemson to go to Alabama to follow Saban? No, don't see that. Why leave a program that you built for a program that you're expected to carry on? There's nothing to gain and everything to lose in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or