U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 07:45 PM

3,785 posts, read 6,515,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Man. Just a bit of hyperbole here for a guy who threw all of 16 passes against a mediocre Louisville on Saturday. I mean, hey, Tua is a really good quarterback. But I think offering him up as the epoch-shattering all-timer is way premature.
Ok time will tell and I'll meet you back at this post.Tua is the best qb during the Saban era so far,hands down. As for the history of Alabama ? Well that's an arguable stretch but for the Saban era oh yeah. And Alabama MAY have the best back up qb squad during Saban's era too.Jalen ( 26 wins), Tua's brother and Bear Bryant's grandson but time will tell. Bama's offense is more than just run heavy now.

And as an Auburn fan I know you may not like my next sentence. If Tua was playing for Auburn he would have been the best qb Auburn has seen since Cam.

Last edited by PortCity; 09-05-2018 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Last week: 15-8
Overall: 19-9
BYU vs. Arizona. BYU is the team that always ruins me. Without fail, whenever I pick them they lose, and when I pick against them they win, so watch BYU win.

I can see we are going to be in for a long year BYU . Can't we just hug it out and become friends instead of enemies??

Old 09-06-2018, 05:56 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,971,136 times
The Cat is 16-12 for the season 15-8 last week
===============================

(18) TCU vs. SMU Played in (not President) Gerald Ford Stadium in Dallas, the Mustangs got the sneeze knocked out of them last week by my Alma Mater. This week it is the Horny Toad's turn.

ARIZONA vs. Houston Did the coach at Arizona once Coach the Houston Cougar to great Victory years ago? Time to regroup from the desert.

Duke vs. NORTHWESTERN So Duke beat national champion contenders Army last week? Not this week.

GEORGIA TECH vs. USF The Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech rambles into Tampa to wreck the Bulls......

(16) MISSISSIPPI STATE vs. Kansas State Go Rebels. Or Bulldogs. Whichever they are.

UCLA vs. (7) OKLAHOMA will be OK !

Kansas vs. CENTRAL MICHIGAN Crummy Game of the week. Loser gets number one bottom ten ranking.

Colorado vs. NEBRASKA Hopefully, no Tornadoes will force cancellation of the game
(3) GEORGIA vs. (20) South Carolina I don;t quite feel the upset but the season is early, so would it be an upset?

MEMPHIS vs. Navy
Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the mother land
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

North Carolina vs. EAST CAROLINA will have to be better than the other Carolina, lest we call them Least Carolina. AARRRRRRR.

Iowa State vs. IOWA Home team wins

(4) CLEMSON vs. Texas A&M Shocked to see the Gaggies scheduling a real game this early, they usually try to stick with teams like University of Phoenix and Wellsley.... Will be nice watching them lose.

UL Monroe vs. SOUTHERN MISS
Speaking of, maybe Texas A&M should join the Sunbelt so they will play more teams like UL Monroe...the SEC is way too tough for them.

ARKANSAS vs. Colorado State The Rams are off to a Rocky Mountain start.
Fresno State vs. MEENA-SODA Should be close and surprisingly good

Kentucky vs. FLORIDA The Alligators have an advantage in their own swamp.

Virginia vs. INDIANA Back home again in Indiana, the Hosers will probably win
(17) PENN STATE vs. Pittsburgh Should be a good game. Pitt may win
(19) USC vs. (14) STANFORD Stan and Ford say they are going to win again...game of the week
Cal vs. BYU
(15) MICHIGAN STATE vs. Arizona State

Old 09-06-2018, 07:23 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
Last week: 15-8
Overall: 19-9

(18) TCU vs. SMU. I agree with SouthernTiger, TCU is going to dominate this series for the next 15+ years.
Arizona vs. Houston. Not a good start for Sumlin at U of A, and I think he drops to 0-2 here.
Duke vs. Northwestern. Both teams had week 1 wins and I'll take N'Western at home.
Georgia Tech vs. USF. No idea here
(16) Mississippi State vs. Kansas State. K-State may make it close, but too much talent on the other side of the field
UCLA vs. (7) Oklahoma. Won't be as lopsided as FAU, but a clear win for the Sooners.
Kansas vs. Central Michigan. Counting down the days to start of basketball season in Lawrence.
Colorado vs. Nebraska. I'll take Nebraska at home in the "Old Pac 12 bowl."
(3) Georgia vs. (20) South Carolina. Had the potential to be close until that moron TE from South Carolina guaranteed the victory, that's all that UGA is going to need.
Memphis vs. Navy. This Navy team is bad, but they'll play Memphis tough at home.
North Carolina vs. East Carolina. Just can't pick ECU.
Iowa State vs. Iowa. Close game with the Hawkeyes winning on a late field goal.
(4) Clemson vs. Texas A&M. Not even the 95,000+ in College Station at Kyle Field will be enough to slow down the Tigers.
UL Monroe vs. Southern Miss. No idea here either.
Arkansas vs. Colorado State. Easy winner for the Razorbacks.
Fresno State vs. Minnesota. I'll take the Gophers at home
Kentucky vs. Florida. I'll steal SouthernTiger's line here too: I'm not going to pick Kentucky in this matchup until they actually do it.
Virginia vs. Indiana. I'll take Indy by a late touchdown at home.
(17) Penn State vs. Pittsburgh. After losing at Pittsburgh in 2016 they definitely won't be taken lightly this year.
(19) USC vs. (14) Stanford. Last year notwithstanding, it seems like the road team has had better success in this series than the home team has.
Cal vs. BYU. Please don't do this to me again BYU.
(15) Michigan State vs. Arizona State. A step up in competition for AZ State, of course the Spartans also get a step up in competition from the Utah State Aggies and go on the road, so who knows??

Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times
Dear god, Arizona...

Old 09-08-2018, 04:05 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,017,441 times
Central Michigan...tsk, tsk, tsk. What a disgrace y'all are.

Alabama having more kicking troubles, but they seemed to deal with that by switching kickers.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:46 PM

5,449 posts, read 2,289,752 times
Once again, Notre Dame shows how overrated they are, getting pushed by BALL STATE in the fourth quarter.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:48 PM

5,449 posts, read 2,289,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Ok time will tell and I'll meet you back at this post.Tua is the best qb during the Saban era so far,hands down. As for the history of Alabama ? Well that's an arguable stretch but for the Saban era oh yeah. And Alabama MAY have the best back up qb squad during Saban's era too.Jalen ( 26 wins), Tua's brother and Bear Bryant's grandson but time will tell. Bama's offense is more than just run heavy now.

And as an Auburn fan I know you may not like my next sentence. If Tua was playing for Auburn he would have been the best qb Auburn has seen since Cam.

There's no way to tell at this point. Seriously. I don't think I'm a homer saying that.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Interesting that Clemson has no issues playing true non-conference road games, meanwhile Alabama has not played on in 9 years.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM

9,418 posts, read 7,067,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Interesting that Clemson has no issues playing true non-conference road games, meanwhile Alabama has not played on in 9 years.

I called that one. Closer than I expected.. I was expecting a 6 to 7 point Clemson win, but.. I didn't believe the 12 1/2 point spread.

Now.. A&M will be a better team after this most likely.. But.. I'm not proclaiming them as a great team just yet.. That golden horseshoe will come clanging out of Mond's butt sooner or later. He made a number of throws that should never have been made, much less completed. That isn't going to happen every game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or