Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times

Advertisements

The 2010 version should be every bit as exciting as previous renditions, maybe more. When I went to the spring game in April, the offense's pace was much faster, and the defense had trouble keeping up. However, according to the coaches, the defense has made great improvements since then. Potts has been named the starting quarterback. I might have chosen differently, but luckily I'm not the coach. The special teams will be coached by...Tommy Tuberville.

Tech's first game vs. SMU will be televised on Sunday, September 5 at 3:30 eastern on ESPN. The stadium looks much better from the outside, as $34 million in improvements have been made in the last two years. Look for more additions in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 02:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
You wanna make this an official thread for Tech?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Why not?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Why not?
Alright. You got it....

Old 08-29-2010, 10:01 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
They should be interesting, as always. Tuberville is a good coach. I wish that A&M would have gotten HIM instead of the laughing stock they have there now.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:30 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Tech like most other schools not called Texas, has problems getting enough quality defensive players. Hope they can control the clock...

Old 08-29-2010, 12:36 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
This year Tech may not play up to their full potential simply because of the all new coaching staff. However, I think Tubs is going to be a great coach, so hopefully they'll surprise me and do better this year than I expect! By next year and each following year after that I have the feeling Tubs will produce teams that are serious contenders for the conference title. As far as Potts being the starter, I would have preffered Sheffield but that's Tubs call, so I respect his decision.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Today's game was a win, but there are some things that need work.

Someone on another forum gave the offense a C, defense a B, and the special teams an F. I absolutely agree with this. Also, I think it would be nice if Potts were given a rest the next couple games, just to show him what a real game time QB should look like with Sheffield. But again, I'm not the coach. The special teams coach may need to consult with his assistants and coordinators.

It was a hot one, but it will likely be the last scorcher until maybe the A&M game, since the next two are at night. The last home game that was this hot happened in 2002 vs. NC State, according to the fans who were there.

It was the second-highest attended game in Tech history. In two weeks, though, I think the record will easily be broken with a capacity crowd of over 60,000.

I saw a video of "Raider Walk." It looked interesting, and I hope to be a part of it in two weeks.

Saturday Tech travels to New Mexico. Hopefully improvement is in the works for the Red Raiders.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:22 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Today's game was a win, but there are some things that need work.

Someone on another forum gave the offense a C, defense a B, and the special teams an F. I absolutely agree with this. Also, I think it would be nice if Potts were given a rest the next couple games, just to show him what a real game time QB should look like with Sheffield. But again, I'm not the coach. The special teams coach may need to consult with his assistants and coordinators.
I agree with that as well. The offense at best looked average, the defense was fairly good but not great, and the special teams were simply awful. Unfortunately, Potts is continuing to have some of the same problems he's always had. Nobody is perfect but his passing continues to be inconsistent. There were several times in the game yesterday when one of his passes could have easily been intercepted. We got lucky on several of those. When we go up against some of the tougher defenses like OU and UT, we won't be so lucky. I was certainly glad we won the game but Tubs still has some work to do, that's for sure.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Here's a game time panoramic photo of the stadium yesterday:

Jones AT&T Stadium

The upper left and right corner stands are new since 2008, as well as the suite building on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football