U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,371 posts, read 8,366,401 times
Reputation: 6965

Advertisements

If Tom Herman was the whistleblower source (he isn’t), then he would deserve praise for outing a corrupt coverup by a wife beater enabler. Why would any decent person think otherwise? Meyer’s failed attempt to make it look like Herman is guilty of something just makes tOSU look more pathetic. That something stinks really bad in Columbus, not Austin, and tOSU owns it all by themselves.
Herman went to a titter with some coaches (tab picked up by smith)? Oh my, how terrible!

Please tOSU fans, keep that junior high deflection farce going. It just adds to the cartoonish joke that makes the coverup by Meyer look even more pathetic.
It might play well in Columbus , but almost nobody else is buying that load of crap - clickbait headline notwithstanding.

Meyer’s mouthpiece Snook & his bs are a sorry laughingstock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2018, 10:48 AM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
If Tom Herman was the whistleblower source (he isn’t), then he would deserve praise for outing a corrupt coverup by a wife beater enabler.
Knowingly a pathetic, repeated lie. There is NO evidence that Zach Smith was a wife beater, which requires Zach Smith hitting his ex-wife. Courtney Smith never accused Zach Smith of hitting her. Despite repeated requests, you've provided no evidence to the contrary. See posts 81 and 134.

As is evident and repeatedly documented in this thread, Meyer is primarily guilty of employing a problematic employee because he was the grandson of his mentor in order to provide substantial financial support to both Zach and Courtney Smith and to their children. This was a great deal for the Smith family, but a disaster for Ohio State.

The record shows that Meyer did NOT enable wife beaters, and told Zach Smith that he would be fired if he ever hit Courtney Smith.

It perplexes me that you belief an employer should presume an employee is guilty in the absence of corroboration. If your expectation was that Zach Smith should have been fired for spousal abuse, all that was necessary was for Courtney Smith to convince authorities to file charges against her ex-husband. Both in Florida and in Ohio, prosecutors declined to prosecute Zach Smith. The Smiths remained married for almost seven years after the Florida incident. The Powell, Ohio, police declined to charge Zach Smith after the 2015 incident. Ohio State would have fired Smith if charges had been filed in 2015:

<<One document released Tuesday depicts a handwritten note from Miechelle Willis, then Ohio State’s deputy Title IX coordinator, asking how the athletic department would respond if the allegations were against a player.

“Lots of smoke – have had financial issues,” she wrote. “What would we do if this was a player?”
Willis wrote that Smith was entitled to due process but also included a note reading, “When/if charges filed, we take action.”

The note was dated Oct. 30, 2015, which was around the time Ohio State became aware of domestic abuse allegations against Smith, as well as an ongoing police investigation.>>

As for a double standard with players, actually Ohio State acted similarly in 2014 when J.T. Barrett was charged with abuse in extremely similar circumstances. It just now dawned on me that Ohio State likely used this incident as a precedent for handling the Smith incident in 2015.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2014/1...jt_barr_2.html

BTW, there is no record that J.T. Barrett is a father, perhaps making suspect the girl friend's 2014 charge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Why would any decent person think otherwise?
What right does a serial purveyor of falsehoods have to question the moral standards of anyone else? Donald Trump has enabled a new generation of prevaricators who take great joy in shamelessly employ "Big Lie" tactics, believing if they repeat false charges repeatedly they will score a propaganda victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Meyer’s failed attempt to make it look like Herman is guilty of something just makes tOSU look more pathetic.
Neither Meyer nor Ohio State have accused Herman of anything, except Herman's complicity in one of Zach Smith's problematic incidents on the recruiting trail. Once again you make a false charge with no support for your allegation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...14/1131907002/

Do you belief that Meyer should have fired both Herman and Smith when he learned of the strip club incident? Meyer SHOULD HAVE reported this incident to compliance, which likely would have resulted in the disclosure that Herman had participated in an unsavory recruiting violation, perhaps derailing Herman's career. The recruiting violation was that one or more high school coaches were entertained at the strip club by Smith and Herman, both of whom likely knew better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 12:13 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
First, I would nullify anything Courtney's mom, Tina Carano, said exonerating Zach. Sure it seems strong evidence given that Tina is Courtney's Mom, but digging further we find that the 2 were estranged and it surely smells that Tina had an agenda against her own daughter. I mean, come on, what Mom is going to go the media and expressly state that Courtney's goal was to "take down" Zach because she'd previously caught him cheating... which may, indeed, be true ... but I just won't give any credibility to to what this particular mom says.
Wow, you don't give any credibility to Courtney Smith's mother, but full credibility to Courtney Smith. Why? We don't why the two are estranged. The possibility exists that they became estranged over the mother's reaction and counseling to Courtney Smith's actions regarding to Zach Smith. We know NOTHING about this relationship between the mother and the daughter.

You seem to belief that this estrangement is normal.

My opinion of Courtney Smith is influenced by two factors -- she turned on the Meyers (both Urban and Shelley) even though it should have been obvious to her and everyone else, including you, that Urban Meyer bent over backwards to provide her and her children with substantial financial support. It's clear that Meyer had good reasons to fire Zach Smith for other reasons than his relationship problems, but did not do so. If Meyer had fired Smith in 2015/2016, Courtney Smith would have had less cause to charge Meyer with ignoring her abuse, but she and her children by now would have been in much more dire financial shape.

When Meyer said that he was sorry that both he and the Smiths were in "this situation," I suspect he's truly sorry about the very changed financial situation that now faces the Smiths and particularly their children. How can you, the media, and all of the Meyer critics ignore this obvious reality?

Also, Courtney Smith's reported actions regarding the alleged trespassing trap that she engineered, according to Zach Smith's attorney, and which she has neither refuted nor explained, and which resulted ultimately in Zach Smith's dismissal, impugns her credibility greatly IMO.

For reasons unknown to us, there are multiple suggestions that all other involved parties to this situation, including Courtney Smith's mother, found her behavior suspect.

They also clearly recognized Zach Smith's character flaws. Meyer exposed himself, the Ohio State football program, and the entire university by employing Zach Smith, which everyone knows was a favor to Earle Bruce, his mentor, but ultimately to Zach Smith's family, including greatly Courtney Smith.

Persons in this case, both the media and in this thread, repeatedly claim that Courtney Smith was beaten, which means hit, but she has never claimed this. In the absence of repeated falsehoods in this thread that Courtney Smith was beaten, I would not have been involved in this thread. She never required medial attention. Are these apparent realities to be dismissed, which certainly is being done by you and other Meyer critics?

One of Meyer's big mistakes IMO was his failure to admit that he continued Zach Smith's family out of deference to the financial welfare of his ex-wife and children. It would have been truthful, but exposed Meyer to criticism from his employer and to many Buckeye football fans who called for Smith's firing years ago, even when they were unaware of Zach Smith's many other transgressions.

People lie, and often egregiously. Have you never been libeled, perhaps by a workplace competitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Whether one believes some or all of the damning anecdotal evidence against Courtney or not, the idea of domestic abuse, certainly the allegation that Zach either put his hands around her neck (Tina even admits this happened, but claimed Zach acted in self-defense... ah, yeah right) and/or threw Courtney, then pregnant, against a wall (Zach was arrested in 2009 for this (even though, ultimately, Courtney did not press charges) and Urban says he knew about it), Urban, as head football coach and, essentially CEO of the entire athletics department and, by default, the entire university (then, as now, Urban was the highest paid public employee in Florida as he currently is in Ohio, higher even than Michael Drake who was recently cited as the highest paid college prez) had a duty to fully investigate the matter thoroughly, especially given the fact that, he now admits, he was aware of the situation at the time. Sorry, merely suggesting Zach and Courtney go see a marriage counselor wasn't good enough. The stakes, on all levels, were way too high.
There is no evidence that anybody believed all of Courtney Smith's charges. The independent report says that even Shelley Meyer didn't believe all of Courtney Smith's charges in 2015. Shelley Meyer told Courtney Smith to call 911 if Courtney Smith was in danger. Does this sound like someone trying to cover up anything?

The fact remains that one of Courtney Smith's goals was to keep Zach Smith employed. There is no evidence that she EVER wanted Meyer to fire her husband, as much as Meyer may have wanted to extricate himself from this situation. Courtney Smith did NOT go public with her charges, especially against the Meyers, until after Zach Smith was fired.

You do NOT know anything about the facts of how Zach Smith physically abused Courtney Smith. The reality that he was never prosecuted for anything, and that Courtney Smith apparently never required medical attention, suggests that this wasn't an actionable case of spousal abuse. I don't understand how you can argue otherwise.

If you want to argue that Meyer should have never exposed Ohio State to Zach Smith after the incident in Florida, and for this reason, he should have been fired, that's at least a fair argument. My hunch is that Ohio State did not believe that they had a legal argument that would have been sustained in court in an attempt to avoid Meyer's current $43 million buyout; are you a lawyer certain that this was not the situation even though you are NOT privy to all of the circumstances.

Meyer's level of compensation is irrelevant to this case except in the court of public opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Secondly FACT: Urban specifically told the media and OSU that he was never aware of the 2015 Florida incident of the Courtney domestic abuse call to the local police... Whether or not Zach was arrested (he wasn't) does not negate the fact that Urban was, indeed, aware of a problem and that he subsequently lied to cover it up -- a lie which he admitted when he later reversed himself, when the heat was on, and admitted he had, in fact, known about the 2015. That in itself was FIRE-ABLE OFFENSE.
Read the independent report. See post 134. Urban Meyer had great confusion over what had transpired in 2015, especially as there were false media reports the day BEFORE Big Ten Media Days that Zach Smith had been arrested in 2015.

As I've documented repeatedly in this thread, the Ohio State compliance department knew about the 2015 incident before both athletic director and Urban Meyer. Gene Smith and the compliance department followed the 2015 incident closely to see if Zach Smith's termination was necessary.

According to the independent report, Shelley Meyer said she did NOT share Courtney Smith's e-mail with Urban Meyer. The independent report says that this claim was suspect, but I can see several reasons that Shelley would keep this information to herself: 1) She didn't want Urban Meyer to be in the position of disclosing this information to Ohio State compliance, which might have resulted in Zach Smith's termination, which apparently was not the goal of Courtney Smith; 2) She didn't believe all of Courtney Smith's allegations, which the independent report said was actually the situation.

What is a fact is that neither you, nor I, nor other posters in this thread, know WHY the Meyers, Gene Smith, apparently Courtney Smith's own mother, let alone prosecutors, found Courtney Smith's claims suspect. We know nothing about Courtney Smith. E.g., as a divorced mother, what actions has she taken to develop career skills? Has she every been employed?

Meyer still hasn't admitted that Courtney Smith was abused. Why? This admittedly infuriates Meyer's critics, including you, but your evidence of abuse is paltry. How were the accusations of abuse against Zach Smith actionable by an employer. Whether, given what Meyer knew, Zach Smith ever should have been hired at Ohio State is entirely different issue, and if Ohio State hadn't been on the hook for a $43 million buyout, they might have considered a different action regarding Meyer if they thought Zach Smith's hiring would avoid a large settlement with Meyer.

Here's what I've repeatedly objected to, and which you and others, and certainly the media ignore -- Meyer was not an evil person because it seems evident that a primary concern of his, even over the welfare of the Ohio State football program, was providing Courtney Smith and her children with substantial financial support by continuing to employ the problematic Zach Smith. He did not continue to employ Zach Smith because he couldn't hire a better and less troublesome receiver coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Third... Urban ran a rouge ship at Florida. 31 of his players were arrested during his nearly six years as the Gators' coach ranging from possession of alcohol by a minor to possession of a concealed weapon, to aggravated stalking, domestic violence by strangulation, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny and fraudulent use of credit cards. Some of these charges were ultimately dismissed but, still, the sheer volume of them is eye-opening and was a red flag to OSU when they pondered landing Urban that he be kept on a short leash. The whole Zach Smith sorted affair brings the Florida stuff back to life.
You haven't documented any of these allegations, a problem for me given IMO your twisted arguments in the current situation.

In a way Florida is irrelevant, as all of this was known to Ohio State when they hired Meyer, and nobody has accused Meyer of similar problems with players at Ohio State.

In fact, incidents at Ohio State under Meyer have been insignificant compared to those under Tressel (e.g., Maurice Clarett), suggesting that Meyer has placed a heavy emphasis on character while recruiting at Ohio State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Fourth... Zach reportedly blew $600 of OSU's money to take another OSU assistant coach, apparently Tom Hermann, along with "1 or more" high school coaches to a Florida strip club in 2014, a clear NCAA violation. Urban reportedly knew about this and only reprimanded/threatened Zach with an "... it better not happen again" kinda thing. Sorry, not good enough.
This is a fair charge. We don't know yet how material of an NCAA violation this actually is (again compare this with the egregious academic scandal at North Carolina which invoked no NCAA sanctions). It will be interesting to see how Ohio State and the NCAA deal with this failure to report.

Fifth… Why now? If Urban had the goods to fire Zach last month, why did he wait until the public heat was on when he could have/should have, done so back in Florida? … or, at the latest, in 2014 when Zach clearly violated NCAA rules while cavorting to strip clubs with OSU and high school coaches?

Duh. Earle Bruce. Ex-wife and children with no other financial support. Don't you read???

BTW, the public heat wasn't on Meyer when he fired Zach Smith. The report says Gene Smith suggested counseling, not termination, for Zach Smith, according to the independent report. Meyer wanted Zach Smith gone because Smith hadn't told him about the May incident or the trespassing charge.

The facts that Earle Bruce was dead, and that the Smiths had received millions of compensation thanks to Meyer during Zach Smith's employment, and Meyer's sure knowledge that a new receivers coach would make his life less difficult and likely enhance Ohio State's 2018 championship run (Brian Hartline vs. Zach Smith -- huge upgrade IMO), certainly explains some of Meyer's reasons to can Zach Smith when once again given the opportunity.

The firestorm didn't begin until Courtney Smith went public, amid the IMO overdue and needed transformation that has taken place in our culture in just a few years as evidenced by the "me too" movement (yet contradicted by a tolerance for Donald Trump among a significant portion of the American population).

It's almost grotesquely funny, but if Meyer had not fired Zach Smith, it's likely that Meyer may have avoided his current difficulties.

Nobody to my knowledge has asked why Courtney Smith WHY she went public and inflicted so much damage on the Meyers. She obviously must blame them for her situation and feels little gratitude for the financial support she has received over the past decade. Perhaps you could explain and defend her actions, because again, they inform greatly my opinion of Courtney Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Sixth... OSU's choices are stark black and white: either they disregard everything and keep Urban with no punishment at all, or fire him, because the above, either singularly or, definitely, cumulatively, are stark enough to warrant discharge. Anything short of this is hypocritical which is why the University as a whole now sits on the hot seat of public opinion and still leaves the door open for Urban's potential departure.
This is a laughable straw man argument beneath you IMO, as obviously Ohio State took another path, likely much more reasoned than a debate in this forum.

As your earlier charges were flawed, and often inaccurate, I personally see nothing hypocritical in Ohio State's actions.

Unlike you and others, I don't view Urban Meyer, Shelley Meyer, Gene Smith, etc., as the flawed, despicable individuals that apparently is the view of you and others.

IMO, his big mistake was elevating a debt to Earle Bruce, and concern for the financial welfare of the Smith family, over the welfare of the Ohio State football program by continuing to employ the problematic Zach Smith.

As I've stated, Ohio State football fans likely are thrilled that Zach Smith is gone.

And I keep thinking of the old adage that "no good deed ever goes unpunished."

If NCAA sanctions over the strip club incident prove too painful, if Ohio State loses to Michigan and has a disappointing season, if Ohio State football recruiting is greatly diminished, Meyer and Ohio State may negotiate a buy-out after the season.

As for recruiting, read the comments of Kristina Miller in post 127. Her son is the top center in his high school class and could play anywhere for anyone. She is a survivor of substantial spousal abuse, and yet her assessment of this situation is diametrically opposed to yours. Of course, as with Courtney Smith's mother, why should anyone give credence to a spousal abuse survivor who is the mother of a top Ohio State recruit, who has a vested interest in assessing the character and credibility of Urban Meyer???

Last edited by WRnative; 08-29-2018 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 12:50 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Correction to post 142 to provide missing link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Knowingly a pathetic, repeated lie. There is NO evidence that Zach Smith was a wife beater, which requires Zach Smith hitting his ex-wife. Courtney Smith never accused Zach Smith of hitting her. Despite repeated requests, you've provided no evidence to the contrary. See posts 81 and 134.

As is evident and repeatedly documented in this thread, Meyer is primarily guilty of employing a problematic employee because he was the grandson of his mentor in order to provide substantial financial support to both Zach and Courtney Smith and to their children. This was a great deal for the Smith family, but a disaster for Ohio State.

The record shows that Meyer did NOT enable wife beaters, and told Zach Smith that he would be fired if he ever hit Courtney Smith.

It perplexes me that you belief an employer should presume an employee is guilty in the absence of corroboration. If your expectation was that Zach Smith should have been fired for spousal abuse, all that was necessary was for Courtney Smith to convince authorities to file charges against her ex-husband. Both in Florida and in Ohio, prosecutors declined to prosecute Zach Smith. The Smiths remained married for almost seven years after the Florida incident. The Powell, Ohio, police declined to charge Zach Smith after the 2015 incident. Ohio State would have fired Smith if charges had been filed in 2015:

<<One document released Tuesday depicts a handwritten note from Miechelle Willis, then Ohio State’s deputy Title IX coordinator, asking how the athletic department would respond if the allegations were against a player.

“Lots of smoke – have had financial issues,” she wrote. “What would we do if this was a player?”
Willis wrote that Smith was entitled to due process but also included a note reading, “When/if charges filed, we take action.”

The note was dated Oct. 30, 2015, which was around the time Ohio State became aware of domestic abuse allegations against Smith, as well as an ongoing police investigation.>>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/1126390002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,371 posts, read 8,366,401 times
Reputation: 6965
Keep defending your wife beater enabler. He LIED multiple times at the Big 10 Media Days, He kept that dirtbag on his staff at FSU, then rehired him at tOSU. And what honest man wipes his old relevant texts off his phone after the scandal breaks? What kind of decent man does that?

A recruit's mother (a claimed spousal abuse survivor) who "assesses" Meyer's character & credibility has serious credibility issues herself if she thinks Meyer is a good & credible character. His record for running a thug program at FSU should've told her otherwise, not to mention his conduct since his bizarre journey to tOSU.... and especially his disgraceful actions in the past month.
And why would he keep a coach who took dick pics in the Whitehouse, orders a bushel of sex toys to be delivered to the workplace, and banged a married staff member in the coach's office? Yeah, that speaks well of the boss's character to let that stuff go on and to keep the perp around until it goes public..

Fire Herman for going to a strip club? lmao.
This isn't about Herman, and the failed attempt to deflect makes the bucknuts look foolish to the rest of the audience. But keep doubling down on that nonsense that has already been ridiculed as a nothing burger ginned up by the tOSU propaganda hacks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 04:04 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Keep defending your wife beater enabler. He LIED multiple times at the Big 10 Media Days, He kept that dirtbag on his staff at FSU, then rehired him at tOSU. And what honest man wipes his old relevant texts off his phone after the scandal breaks? What kind of decent man does that?

A recruit's mother (a claimed spousal abuse survivor) who "assesses" Meyer's character & credibility has serious credibility issues herself if she thinks Meyer is a good & credible character. His record for running a thug program at FSU should've told her otherwise, not to mention his conduct since his bizarre journey to tOSU.... and especially his disgraceful actions in the past month.
And why would he keep a coach who took dick pics in the Whitehouse, orders a bushel of sex toys to be delivered to the workplace, and banged a married staff member in the coach's office? Yeah, that speaks well of the boss's character to let that stuff go on and to keep the perp around until it goes public..

Fire Herman for going to a strip club? lmao.
This isn't about Herman, and the failed attempt to deflect makes the bucknuts look foolish to the rest of the audience. But keep doubling down on that nonsense that has already been ridiculed as a nothing burger ginned up by the tOSU propaganda hacks.
Why do you intentionally keep calling Zach Smith a wife beater with NO proof??? IMO, your posts are not only deceitful, but somewhat deranged. I imagine any intelligent person wipes their old e-mail posts when employed in a sensitive position, and often before involved in any controversy. IF Ohio State wanted all work phone e-mails saved, they should capture them and save them.

As for claims of Meyer lying at the Big Ten Media Days, read the independent report, prepared by persons with infinitely more credibility than you. Arguing with someone who repeatedly distorts reality is just a waste of time, and I've already presented the facts as to why the independent committee members didn't believe that Meyer intentionally lied, unlike some posters in this thread.

Any intelligent individual will put more credibility in a spousal abuse survivor who puts her son in the care of Meyer than in a ranting C-D poster.

Finally, it appears possible that both Zach Smith and Tom Herman broke NCAA rules by entertaining high school coaches. The fact that the entertainment took place at a strip club likely is irrelevant.

Last edited by WRnative; 08-29-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 04:15 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Default Zach and Lynn Smith lash back at social media on Wednesday

Zach Smith and his mother lashed back on social media on Wednesday suggesting that Zach Smith will pursue remedies for his current situation in court, with at least Courtney Smith and her media confidant as defendants.

Lynn Bruce, Zach Smith's mother, questioned Meyer's Christian values for not supporting her son and betraying Earle Bruce in the process:

<<“I’m just wondering where [Meyer’s] mentor was in his thinking,” Lynn Bruce wrote. “The Earle Bruce I know would be disappointed at best. My father was fiercely loyal – to a fault I will agree – but he would never compromise his integrity by apologizing to someone who has lied and brought so much damage to HER OWN CHILDREN and so many others. He would never bow down to anyone if it meant being dishonest.”
Lynn Bruce said Urban Meyer would have stood up for Zach, “IF he were honest….IF he had integrity…..IF he were truly a Christian….”>>

https://sports.yahoo.com/zach-smiths...204724116.html

Zach Smith also suggested that he had dirt on Tom Herman:

<<There was even Zach cryptically suggesting there was something interesting to ask Tom Herman “about the ensuing few days” after both Zach Smith and Herman visited a strip club in Miami in 2014. The two worked together then.>>

It makes one wonder whether Meyer understood what kind of mess he had gotten into when he helped out Earle Bruce's grandson and family. This story simply does not appear likely to go away.

Last edited by WRnative; 08-29-2018 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 04:29 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Lynn Bruce said Urban Meyer would have stood up for Zach, “IF he were honest….IF he had integrity…..IF he were truly a Christian….”>>
I continue to wonder why non-Christians continue to invoke Christianity when it is something they would never practice themselves? Normally these people are bashing Christianity left and right. It must be their way of once again poking away at something they hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,371 posts, read 8,366,401 times
Reputation: 6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Why do you intentionally keep calling Zach Smith a wife beater with NO proof??? IMO, your posts are not only deceitful, but somewhat deranged.

As or Meyer lying at the Big Ten Media Days, read the independent report, prepared by persons with infinitely more credibility than you. Arguing with someone who repeatedly distorts reality is just a waste of time.

Any intelligent individual will put more credibility in a spousal abuse survivor who puts her son in the care of Meyer than in a ranting C-D poster.
We’ve all seen the pictures of the abused wife and his admission that he choked her, so why are you trying to defend that scumbag?
Nobody outside the tOSU sphere doubts he lied at the presser, and the board members themselves admit his answers were bs but used contortionist logic to excuse him.

Calling me a distortionist is from Delfection 101, just like the dirtbag himself trying to drag Herman into his mess. Freakin’ pathetic.
Your football gods created their own dumpster fire, not anyone else. Too bad the jellyfish administration at that school didn’t learn anything from the stupid mistakes made by Baylor, PSU, and MSU. One would think adults were in charge in Columbus, but it’s obvious who runs that university - and it isn’t the administrators.

These pathetic attempts to whitewash UM’s moral & ethical failure as a man are similar to those who still defend JoPa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2018, 05:37 PM
 
7,906 posts, read 4,866,693 times
Reputation: 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
We’ve all seen the pictures of the abused wife and his admission that he choked her, so why are you trying to defend that scumbag?
Nobody outside the tOSU sphere doubts he lied at the presser, and the board members themselves admit his answers were bs but used contortionist logic to excuse him.

Calling me a distortionist is from Delfection 101, just like the dirtbag himself trying to drag Herman into his mess. Freakin’ pathetic.
Your football gods created their own dumpster fire, not anyone else. Too bad the jellyfish administration at that school didn’t learn anything from the stupid mistakes made by Baylor, PSU, and MSU. One would think adults were in charge in Columbus, but it’s obvious who runs that university - and it isn’t the administrators.

These pathetic attempts to whitewash UM’s moral & ethical failure as a man are similar to those who still defend JoPa.
I've seen no admission by Zach Smith that he choked Courtney Smith. Please post that admission. You document nothing. By advancing another undocumented charge of abuse by Zach Smith, have you finally recognized that your false allegation that Zach Smith was a "wife beater" won't hold water???

You apparently are just a Univ. of Texas homer (assumed from your many Austin posts) intent on denigrating Ohio State, likely because of Meyer's recent success in recruiting top Texas players to Ohio State (most recently Garrett Wilson) and away from Texas.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...meyer-ryan-day

Knowingly posting muddled, and inaccurate and unsubstantiated claims is disgusting IMO. You've made no effort to substantiate any of your falsehoods, and instead attempt to prove your veracity with increasingly over-the-top insults and already discredited comparisons. I loathe such Trumpie behavior, constantly wondering if persons engaging in these activities are just determined prevaricators, or actually deranged. Sadly these are concerns many have about our President, who, with the advent of social media, and by his own behavior, may have unleashed the nation's irrational loonies.

Last edited by WRnative; 08-29-2018 at 06:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top