U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 08:55 AM

1,900 posts, read 803,890 times

Advertisements

All you people believing what you hear from the biased liberal media are crazy. Anytime there is a white man publically acccused of some crime against a minority or woman, everyone piles on despite the facts. I searched the internet for evidence of abuse and all I found was a text where he allegedly admits to putting his hands around his wife’s neck, which he said was to restrain her. No arrests or other evidence. From listening to the biased media, I thought he was actually beating her for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 03:57 PM

802 posts, read 556,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Desperate times, desperate bs from the defenders.
Sad.

Just win at any cost!

But,but... Tom Herman went to a strip club with some coaches !

Lol @ the 3rd grade deflectors.
Seems you have some serious issues. I havenít followed this at all, but I really donít get the media saying he should be fired when nothing Iíve read seems that this guy hit his wife. I guess youíre just butthurt because the shorthorns have sucked for so long. Howíd that game go today. Lmfao.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:28 PM

8,374 posts, read 8,366,401 times
I have serious issues?
I’m not the one who covered for a domestic abuser and rehired him, then lying about it in a live presser.
tOSU has issues, serious moral issues.
Bucknut fans defending such unethical behavior are no better than those JoPa deniers.

Yeah, Texas has sucked this decade, but scoreboard baby!

Old 09-01-2018, 04:33 PM

7,906 posts, read 4,868,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I have serious issues?
I’m not the one who covered for a domestic abuser and rehired him, then lying about it in a live presser.
tOSU has issues, serious moral issues.
Bucknut fans defending such unethical behavior are no better than those JoPa deniers.

Yeah, Texas has sucked this decade, but scoreboard baby!
There's no proof that Zach Smith was a domestic abuser, although it surely sounds as if he was a lousy husband, and he admitted to this charge. Do you propose that employers should fire all lousy husbands? Do you belief that employers should fire all those facing allegations of domestic abuse or of any abusive relationship WHEN THERE IS NO PROOF?

Contrary to your claims elsewhere in this thread, Zach Smith has vehemently denied that he ever was guilty of domestic abuse. Where is the evidence that you and the media use to state that Zach Smith was guilty of domestic abuse??? Contrary to yours and media claims, there is no evidence that Zach Smith beat (requires hitting, especially repeated hitting) his wife, and not he Courtney Smith accused him of beating her. Her charges all were evidences of bruising, which Zach Smith described (perhaps falsely) as resulting from efforts to restrain her when he attempted to leave her presence or otherwise. I know of one long-married couple where a wife pitched objects at one time at her very mild-mannered husband in a rage, caused by grievances much less of consequence that those which Courtney Smith had against Zach Smith.

Also, if you read this thread, there is a good case to be made that Urban Meyer did NOT lie to the media at the Big Ten Media Days. E.g., Ohio State never received any evidence of abuse by Zach Smith in 2015 as the Powell police refused to release their reports on Courtney Smith's abuse allegations to anyone, not even Courtney Smith or her attorneys; no abuse charges were filed against Zach Smith in Ohio. Please substantiate that Meyer had any proof that Zach Smith abused his wife in 2015, or even knew of the specific allegations that Courtney Smith made to the police in 2015.

Meyer specifically denied on Friday that he lied to the media (see post 161). As with you, the media has never explained how Meyer lied and substantiated that Meyer had any specific knowledge of domestic abuse allegations in 2015. The independent report documents that Meyer still was upset about a false report the day before the Big Ten Media Day that Zach Smith had been arrested in 2015. Although Meyer knew that Courtney Smith had reported abuse allegations to the Powell police in 2015, there is NO proof that Meyer knew anything about the specific allegations, let alone whether they were true. This is an important distinction that would explain Meyer's comments at Big Ten Media Day, and appears above the ability of you and media members to comprehend, let alone acknowledge.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ing-suspension

And it's obvious that Courtney Smith never sought to have Zach Smith fired, as she never publicly criticized the Meyers until after her ex-husband was fired. Courtney Smith's public attack on the Meyers obviously did them great damage, and was strange behavior for someone who had benefited so greatly from Urban Meyer's apparent charity (albeit paid for by Ohio State, ultimately, in more ways than just cash outlays) over the years, and apparently had considered Shelley Meyer a confidant.

Most importantly, the only evidence of abuse while Zach Smith was employed by Ohio State was the e-mail that Courtney Smith sent to Shelley Meyer, Urban's wife, and to the wives of other coaches. It's very possible this information was never communicated to Urban Meyer. Shelley Meyer said she didn't tell Urban about the e-mail, and there are reasons this may be true.

As I wrote in post 142:

<<According to the independent report, Shelley Meyer said she did NOT share Courtney Smith's e-mail with Urban Meyer. The independent report says that this claim was suspect, but I can see several reasons that Shelley would keep this information to herself: 1) She didn't want Urban Meyer to be in the position of disclosing this information to Ohio State compliance, which might have resulted in Zach Smith's termination, which apparently was not the goal of Courtney Smith; 2) She didn't believe all of Courtney Smith's allegations, which the independent report said was actually the situation.

What is a fact is that neither you, nor I, nor other posters in this thread, know WHY the Meyers, Gene Smith, apparently Courtney Smith's own mother, let alone prosecutors, found Courtney Smith's claims suspect. We know nothing about Courtney Smith. E.g., as a divorced mother, what actions has she taken to develop career skills? Has she every been employed?>>

Urban Meyer could soon be out of a job.

You write as if you personally knew Courtney Smith, her character, her psychological condition, etc., and as if it was a certainty (which would be a falsehood) that Zach Smith was a "domestic abuser." Please substantiate your claim (oh, yeah, you don't do substantiation).

It will be interesting to see what legal remedies are pursued by Zach Smith. This would seem like a classic case of libel, in which Zach Smith has suffered consequential damages, unless someone can prove that he abused Courtney Smith.

Certainly, Zach Smith, Urban Meyer, and Ohio State would have a good case for libel against you, IMO, if it would be worth their efforts to sue you.

At any rate, for someone so willing to spread falsehoods and allegations about moral turpitude in this thread, your continued moral judgements have little credibility.

Anybody reading your comments about Tom Herman and Texas in this thread, in comparison with your unsubstantiated, and often false comments about Urban Meyer and Ohio State, can certainly detect your pronounced Longhorn bias and your apparent aggrievement with Ohio State, perhaps because of continued Buckeye recruiting success in Texas.

With each pathetic rant, you just dig deeper into your personal cesspool IMO.

BTW, anyone who watched today's Ohio State game would immediately notice the improvement in Ohio State's receiving corps compared to years past. Receivers were wide open on most plays. Urban Meyer's big transgression was keeping Zach Smith around, as a favor to his mentor Earle Bruce (Smith's grandfather), in order to financially support Smith's ex-wife and children. Yet neither you, nor any of Meyer's critics, have even mentioned this mitigating factor when impugning Meyer's morality. WHY IS THAT??? Meyer certainly didn't keep Zach Smith around because he was regarded as a great, irreplaceable football coach, nor a model employee.

Anyway, give it a rest as I doubt that any Texas recruits or their parents are reading this thread.

Last edited by WRnative; 09-01-2018 at 05:28 PM..

Old 09-16-2018, 02:41 AM

7,906 posts, read 4,868,890 times
Default What many Buckeye fans detest about Urban Meyer and which resulted in the Zach Smith debacle

Meyer continues to higher sub-standard coaches due to friendships. There were complaints about Zach Smith and now linebackers coach Bill Davis, best man at Meyer's wedding, is a target of fan outrage.

<<Since losing Fickell, Ohio Stateís linebackers have taken massive steps back. They struggled greatly in both losses last season, and they struggled tonight (in a winning effort) against TCU. They play slow, they donít read the play quickly enough, and they take some of the worst pursuit angles Iíve ever seen in major college football. We know that this group has talent. We know that these former five-stars and four-stars didnít just forget how to play football.

That means that thereís an issue with coaching, and the coach responsible is Bill Davis. Urban Meyer is once again the full-time head coach at Ohio State. His first task is a big one. He needs to fire Bill Davis, before Ohio State wastes yet another supremely talented team with poor coaching.>>

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...le-forget-that

Old 09-25-2018, 06:28 PM

3,904 posts, read 4,887,293 times
I love Urban Meyer and Ohio State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football