U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:13 PM
 
2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Reputation: 1243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Now admitting that he lied when asked about it, and that he kept a wife beater on staff. Not sure how he thought this makes him look any better?
He knew and reported allegations it makes all the difference in the world.

Those allegations resulted in no charges and no arrest. I tend to believe he would have made a change had allegations turned to charges and an arrest - not even talking conviction either.

If he had a part in impeding the legal process or went above his title and made sure charges weren’t filed - we have a different story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 PM
 
Location: OHIO
2,354 posts, read 1,083,138 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Now admitting that he lied when asked about it, and that he kept a wife beater on staff. Not sure how he thought this makes him look any better?
Didn't say it did, just posting the update. He could have kept lying about it I suppose. And if he knew and reported them to the proper people, he didn't break his contract. But I also heard he might resign by end of today.


This thread is only about if he broke his contract, but off topic, people other then Urban failed in this case. The police failed, her family failed, etc. Her own parents told her not to press charges so he could keep his job. No way my mom and dad would tell me that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:26 PM
 
2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Reputation: 1243
And we are either dealing with some of the most corrupt or shoddy police work multiple times or Courtney Smith isn’t entirely credible and/or free of innocent behavior.

That’s why it would be nice if the Press can actually release a somewhat balanced story or spend time asking questions of the other side
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,111,013 times
Reputation: 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Didn't say it did, just posting the update. He could have kept lying about it I suppose. And if he knew and reported them to the proper people, he didn't break his contract. But I also heard he might resign by end of today.


This thread is only about if he broke his contract, but off topic, people other then Urban failed in this case. The police failed, her family failed, etc. Her own parents told her not to press charges so he could keep his job. No way my mom and dad would tell me that.
The thread is really about the whole Urban Meyer situation, it is just that the thread conversation has been dominated by talk of his contract. If in fact Urban ran the 2015 incident up the chain of command, it changes the conversation a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:33 PM
 
2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Didn't say it did, just posting the update. He could have kept lying about it I suppose. And if he knew and reported them to the proper people, he didn't break his contract. But I also heard he might resign by end of today.


This thread is only about if he broke his contract, but off topic, people other then Urban failed in this case. The police failed, her family failed, etc. Her own parents told her not to press charges so he could keep his job. No way my mom and dad would tell me that.
No.

Is “Meyer going to be out of his job”...some folks may still think he could be out his job even if he reported the 2015 incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:35 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,766,683 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
And we are either dealing with some of the most corrupt or shoddy police work multiple times or Courtney Smith isn’t entirely credible and/or free of innocent behavior.

That’s why it would be nice if the Press can actually release a somewhat balanced story or spend time asking questions of the other side



exactly.....I want for this to go to a proper legal proceeding and know all the facts before we start condemning people here like some in the press and in this forum are doing.


I don't know about Ohio but in my state, the police and the courts take any allegation about domestic violence very serious especially when children are involved and the alleged abuse happened with the children in the home. Even if the wife changes her mind and don't want to press charges it still gets investigated and both have to go to court and talk to the judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Status: "Summertime, and the living's easy" (set 29 days ago)
 
Location: The Eastern Shore
2,136 posts, read 593,934 times
Reputation: 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
no, I have no sides in this...this should be in a court of law where both sides present their evidence and a judge or jury decides. That's how our justice system works in this country. If we go by just allegations of he said she said then a lot of people would be fired from their jobs and be in jail. We have a due process in this country and you obviously for whatever personal reason want to ignore that.
I don't ignore due process. I understand that if you represent a university, you are held to a higher standard. Beating your wife does not equal that higher standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
You want to jump on the me too movement mob mentality and transform this nation into a banana republic that a person can lose his job, his liberties and rights to make a living on just allegations that were NEVER proven in court or any legal proceeding where a person can defend himself and confront his accusers and evidence then you are the problem and this country is going to $hits!
They have been proven. Not in a court of law, but Urban Meyer has owned up to knowing about more than one occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what are you a lie detector now and accusing the head coach as a known liar????? what are you a judge and jury now? you just repeat allegations that were never proven.

and you know this first hand how?
Again, read about hi history. If you don't see that he is a liar, then you aren't looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and that makes it right? players and coaches fired for having an affair on their wives? what are we a Puritan nation? if we fire coaches and players for having affairs on their wives or girlfriends we wouldn't have a sporting teams. This economy would go bankrupt since 50% of all marriages in this country end up in divorce and spouses lie to each other especially when the marriage is at its end and getting a divorce. Nobody should lose their job because of that. Cheating on your wife or lying to her is not a crime and it should be a private matter.
I didn't make a determination as to whether it was right. Only that it happens. Fairly regularly. Again, you are representing a university. If you don't meet that standard, you will probably be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Your last comment was ignorant...you don't know me it shouldn't get personal with me. If you want to be ignorant about this debate then you got issues. Typical me too movement extremist, if men don't agree with your point of view about something the We must be evil and wife beater's defenders.
How is it ignorant? I know what you posted, and that is enough to make a determination that you think having a wife beater on your coaching staff is fine and dandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what sword? lay off the crack lady....I'm not raving or I'm not a lunatic. I'm just expressing my opinions just like you. The difference is I don't get personal here and attack people in this forum for having a different point of view. I can't say the same for you.
That sword you keep falling on trying to defend a wife beater, and a lying coach who kept him safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
once again, you are taking the side of the story of the ex-wife and not putting things into context and perspective once they do the whole investigation. You are going by the interview of the ex-wife.
And his prior history. I look at the big picture, not just one aspect, as you seem to be doing. It isn't just the wife's story I am looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Did they make threats to her not to go to press charges in 2009? how about in 2015?.....since I wasn't there and you weren't either and neither of us have all the facts it's safe for me to say you don't know what the f@ck you are talking about.
I never claimed they threatened her. They definitely coerced her in one way, shape, or form though. Urban sending people in to keep her from pressing charges shows that he cared more about keeping his coach, and mentors grandson, safe, and not about the pregnant woman he just beat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
people like me? LMAO!!! Jesus! you don't know me, lady. If by all my posts you haven't understood where I'm coming from then that's on you. I want for any abuse allegations to be investigated and for any accused of horrible acts that will have consequences about making a living, on their his/her rights to see their children, get kicked out of the home and other rights that we as Americans have as birthrights that there should be a proper legal hearing where both sides can present their case and a judge and jury decide according to the evidence and law.
Yes, people like you. I was pretty clear there. You are hung up on the arrest, trial, and whatnot, but we both know that as an employee of a university, you can be fired for less than being arrested, tried, and found guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if you can't understand where I'm coming from then that's not my problem and you shouldn't take your personal feelings on the rest of us that have a different opinion than you.

If you can't understand that the coach covered this up for years, and allowed it to continue, while protecting this guy, that's not my problem. You are taking the side of the wife beater and liar. But please, keep showing how 45 supporters think. It only helps in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 03:56 PM
 
2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
exactly.....I want for this to go to a proper legal proceeding and know all the facts before we start condemning people here like some in the press and in this forum are doing.


I don't know about Ohio but in my state, the police and the courts take any allegation about domestic violence very serious especially when children are involved and the alleged abuse happened with the children in the home. Even if the wife changes her mind and don't want to press charges it still gets investigated and both have to go to court and talk to the judge.
Exactly.

The other thought I have...why would a court order shared parenting arrangement under the circumstances presented here. Again did the court drop the ball or are they both at fault in some ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 04:20 PM
 
Location: OHIO
2,354 posts, read 1,083,138 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The thread is really about the whole Urban Meyer situation, it is just that the thread conversation has been dominated by talk of his contract. If in fact Urban ran the 2015 incident up the chain of command, it changes the conversation a bit.
Poor wording on my part. You’re correct, it is about the whole Urban situation. I was wanting to state that I knew I was going off topic some by bringing up police/family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2018, 09:33 PM
 
11,057 posts, read 3,766,683 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I don't ignore due process. I understand that if you represent a university, you are held to a higher standard. Beating your wife does not equal that higher standard.

what standard is that? that just allegations that are not proven in court or a legal proceeding where the accused has a chance to face his accusers and the evidence are enough to fire a person and ruin their career (regardless of gender)?




Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
They have been proven. Not in a court of law, but Urban Meyer has owned up to knowing about more than one occasion.

again, he said she said....unless this is properly investigated in a court of law then I don't why you want to lower the standard of burden of proof and ruin a man's career.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Again, read about hi history. If you don't see that he is a liar, then you aren't looking.

I believe he is getting a bad rap.







Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I didn't make a determination as to whether it was right. Only that it happens. Fairly regularly. Again, you are representing a university. If you don't meet that standard, you will probably be fired.

well, it shouldn't.....marriages are complicated and not black and white. We have a 50% rate of divorces in this country. People shouldn't be fired for having an affair if that has nothing to do with their job unless the drama comes to work and affects their job (that's another topic) or he works for a religious institution and it's stated in his contract......but lying to the wife or having an affair is a private matter and shouldn't be a fireable offense on either gender.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
How is it ignorant? I know what you posted, and that is enough to make a determination that you think having a wife beater on your coaching staff is fine and dandy.

I like to know the circumstances of their fights before I call somebody a wife beater. That's why we have due process in the courts.


I have seen women instigate fights and are the aggressors and when the man retaliates then they act all innocent and play the victim. I also saw men abuse women and are the aggressors. Men and women in marriages lie and exaggerate when emotions are involved or want to get the upper hand in the custody of the kids, house, and money. Like I said, marriages are complicated and that's why we have due process and the court system to get to just the facts and judge each case on its merits according to the law.


Let me give you a perfect example, my friend was arrested when his wife was the one that instigated the violence by confronting him, being verbally abusive and wouldn't let him leave the house and pulled his hair and grabbed his testicles (any guy knows that freakin' hurts by just the slightest force) ....when he grabbed her by the neck and threw her across the room so she would stop it left marks on her. She called the police and since he didn't have any marks on him he got arrested. It was later in court that the case was dropped because their daughter told the truth about what happened in court. That's why we have due process in alleged crime-related cases.


I want to know details just like Bill Burr says. How did 2 people get to that situation because it matters.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
that sword you keep falling on trying to defend a wife beater, and a lying coach who kept him safe.


again, you keep getting me wrong and that's on you.....I'm not defending anybody I'm defending the due process for anybody accused of a serious crime that has consequences about their careers, their rights to be with their kids and liberty. I'm the same if the alleged abuser was the wife and the alleged victim was the husband and we do have women that are abusers at home, mentally or physically or both. I would say the same thing.





Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And his prior history. I look at the big picture, not just one aspect, as you seem to be doing. It isn't just the wife's story I am looking at.

if there wasn't any court case or hearing and you haven't heard the other side then what "big picture" you are looking at other than her story? let me know something we don't know and what is your source.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I never claimed they threatened her. They definitely coerced her in one way, shape, or form though. Urban sending people in to keep her from pressing charges shows that he cared more about keeping his coach, and mentors grandson, safe, and not about the pregnant woman he just beat up.

so you were there and know for a fact that they coerced her in one way, shape or form? is she a grown woman that can decide for herself to press charges and get a divorce? she is helpless here? really? you must think that women, in general, are weak and stupid that they can't make a decision on their own.


She made the decision in 2009 to not press charges and stay with him....she decided that for whatever reason at the time, you can blame others but the decision to stay was hers and she should not blame others for something it was ultimately her decision. She should take responsibility also.










Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, people like you. I was pretty clear there. You are hung up on the arrest, trial, and whatnot, but we both know that as an employee of a university, you can be fired for less than being arrested, tried, and found guilty.

there you go again getting personal with me....people like me? if you can get fired for just allegations for a crime that happened outside of work that resulted in no arrest and no conviction then we are in trouble in this nation and an ex-husband or ex-wife or anybody that has a beef with you can ruin a career just on unproven allegations.


Just turn the "tortilla" around and pretend it was her ex-husband making the allegations on her about a crime, you think she should be fired on his side of the story alone?





Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
If you can't understand that the coach covered this up for years, and allowed it to continue, while protecting this guy, that's not my problem. You are taking the side of the wife beater and liar. But please, keep showing how 45 supporters think. It only helps in the long run.

how did the coach cover this for years? please explain with facts....did the coach lied to the




police when they investigated this several times to cover for his assistant?....did the coach prevented anybody including the woman of reporting this to the administration if she wanted him fired.? did he put a block or a gfag order on the woman for pressing charges and talking to anybody including the press? I didn't know Urban had that much power in the state of Ohio.



again, having him fired wouldn't have done nothing back at home of stopping the alleged abuse or keeping the kids safe. Urban doesn't have that much power outside of the football program.




there is a legal process here where the woman had access to and wasn't denied by anybody.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 08-03-2018 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top