U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 AM

7,906 posts, read 4,876,422 times

Advertisements

Here's a tribute written by a journalist who has known Urban Meyer from the start of his head coaching career at Bowling Green.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...es/20181209030
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 AM

107 posts, read 35,249 times
My fear is OSU will enter an era of lackluster play. Day is a great mind, but he is not a born & bread Buckeye. OSU has been down that road before with J Cooper. Besides the '14 team, JC had a couple of the best Buckeye teams ever that did not win the champoinship. The JC era was the most stressful for me so I hope this is not a repeat mistake.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:48 PM

Default Urban Meyer will be an assistant AD at Ohio State

This article describes Meyer's new position after the Rose Bowl and his retirement as Ohio State's head football coach.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/1...questions.html

Old 12-22-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jbub88_ View Post
My fear is OSU will enter an era of lackluster play. Day is a great mind, but he is not a born & bread Buckeye. OSU has been down that road before with J Cooper. Besides the '14 team, JC had a couple of the best Buckeye teams ever that did not win the champoinship. The JC era was the most stressful for me so I hope this is not a repeat mistake.
Ryan Day has handled the transition well so far, with a good recruiting class highlighted by three 5-star athletes in a small class constrained by scholarship availability.

If Ohio State wins the Rose Bowl with a great offensive performance overwhelming Washington's vaunted defense and secondary, and if Justin Fields transfers to Ohio State, Day will have had a magnificent start as Ohio State's next head coach.

Ryan Day thread

As always, however, the proof is in the pudding.

A key IMO is replacing a few weak links among the defensive head coaches, including the linebackers coach who was the best man in Urban Meyers wedding. We'll see how Day handles that potential quagmire.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/1...questions.html

Last edited by WRnative; 12-22-2018 at 09:13 PM..

Old 12-24-2018, 10:29 PM

5,551 posts, read 3,701,001 times
So Meyer will be sticking around as an Assistant athletic director? What does that mean? In line for A.D.?

My earlier guess in the Rose that his team will win due to his retirement is now closed. WA by 3.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 AM

8,385 posts, read 8,376,472 times
Does this mean he can rehire Zach Smith as the athletic department employee relations and special equipment procurement director?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Meyer's only Rose Bowl as head coach

This will be Urban Meyer's only Rose Bowl coaching experience. He apparently views the Rose Bowl as a fitting and appropriate end to his coaching career, IF the Buckeyes win the game.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/1...cart_big-photo

What's interesting in the above article, and the following article, is how few Ohio State players have ever visited California.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/1...cart_big-photo

It's also clear that Ohio State's players have a lot of love for Meyer and seem determined to send him out as a winner. IMO, given Washington's great defense and Ohio State's superb passing attack, this Rose Bowl match-up will be extremely entertaining -- especially if Ohio State emerges the victor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football