U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 10:08 PM

689 posts, read 338,174 times

Advertisements

Wow more and more impressed with Trevor (
Lawrence. Which future NFL team will get him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 10:38 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post

Washington will be a consideration. They're pretty well stuck next year and the year after with Alex Smith due to the contract. Even if he doesn't play.

So.. They may very well not even have to "Tank for Trevor". I have a feeling they're just gonna suck on their own.

You have to remember.. It's 2 years.. 2021 draft at least. Green Bay will be looking.. Jets probably are looking (as always).. Saints may be looking.. Chargers. Lots to happen before then.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:22 AM

6,569 posts, read 8,101,081 times
Nice job Clemson, few predicted you would beat Alabama and no one thought it would be the blowout it was. I am a Big 12 graduate but a fan of Clemson and Dabo.

You guys let loose last night, played fast and loose and aggressively. Bama looked tight and nervous and make mistakes but your defense inside the red zone was off the charts.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,576,946 times
Quote:
I would expect Trevor to play to his junior year. If I was a NFL GM, I would be doing everything I can to stock up on 2021 draft picks so I can cash them all in to draft Trevor #1.

Living in Clemson Country, everyone (except Gamecocks fans) are having a very nice hangover this morning.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:22 AM

3,185 posts, read 1,669,802 times
That was an impressive win. As a fan of an SEC team I rarely see any Clemson games throughout the season -- but boy they made a believer out of me last night!

The CFP committee got it right. These were the right 2 teams for the finals.

Enjoy the victory!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I would expect Trevor to play to his junior year. If I was a NFL GM, I would be doing everything I can to stock up on 2021 draft picks so I can cash them all in to draft Trevor #1.

Living in Clemson Country, everyone (except Gamecocks fans) are having a very nice hangover this morning.
I agree....if Dak can't get Boys to promised land. I would like to see Trevor as a Cowboy in 2021/2022. I can see him being very good to great, of course if he remains healthy. I can see him leading Clemson to another ring or 2 while he is there. As each game took place after Lawrence was promoted to starter, I see why Dabo had to remove Bryant from starting cuz Lawrence just make more big plays. It wasn't really anything Bryant did wrong...just Lawrence had more potential and explosiveness.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Washington will be a consideration. They're pretty well stuck next year and the year after with Alex Smith due to the contract. Even if he doesn't play.

So.. They may very well not even have to "Tank for Trevor". I have a feeling they're just gonna suck on their own.

You have to remember.. It's 2 years.. 2021 draft at least. Green Bay will be looking.. Jets probably are looking (as always).. Saints may be looking.. Chargers. Lots to happen before then.
True...I see Trevor playing thru his Junior year. I'm now more impressed with him than Tua, and Tua is great too. Tua just made some mistakes last night.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,083,794 times
Quote:
True...I see Trevor playing thru his Junior year. I'm now more impressed with him than Tua, and Tua is great too. Tua just made some mistakes last night.

Well, he's either playing or sitting. I don't think he's sitting at all.

He's got to play 2 more seasons before he's eligible for the NFL draft.

Unless you all are thinking he's going to sit to protect himself.. And.. I don't see that at all. He's not a scrambling QB where an ACL injury ends his career.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,576,946 times
Trevor brings that calm leadership and maturity to the position. That and his his physical gifts makes him one of those once in a decade QB's.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 AM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times
Well, it’s obvious who the front runner for the Heisman is this fall.

But I think it is a joke that the Downtown Athletic Club doesn’t wait until after the bowl games to select the winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football