U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 11:41 AM

379 posts, read 175,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
So, no MLB World Series championships prior to WWII are legitimate? Lol
Amen, man. I completely agree with you. People are nonsensical.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 02:03 AM

6,976 posts, read 6,284,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
So, no MLB World Series championships prior to WWII are legitimate? Lol
Good question. Could the MLB World Series team beat the best Negro league team from those years.

Could Texas' great segregated teams in the 1960s beat Florida A&M or Grambling from that era.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:22 PM

2,550 posts, read 3,461,513 times
Every championship is legitimate. Yale was a powerhouse in the early days of college football. So was Harvard. The Yale Bowl is one of the iconic stadiums in college football across the country.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:16 PM

276 posts, read 231,206 times
Matters? its hard to say. As far as has an affect on today's college football, I would say titles back to the 1940's still matter a bit, otherwise why is Notre Dame so revered?

As far as being relevant to where recruits want to go, I would say go back 20 years for recent tradition.

As far as when you should stop wearing your team's National Championship memorabilia, I would say you get a pass for two seasons, you are treading on thin ice wearing it three seasons after, and more than five, you are pathetic and re living past glories due to your team not having anything recent to celebrate.

Last edited by Weaubleau; 08-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 08-10-2019, 06:18 PM

379 posts, read 175,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post
Matters? its hard to say. As far as has an affect on today's college football, I would say titles back to the 1940's still matter a bit, otherwise why is Notre Dame so revered?

As far as being relevant to where recruits want to go, I would say go back 20 years for recent tradition.

As far as when you should stop wearing your team's National Championship memorabilia, I would say you get a pass for two seasons, you are treading on thin ice wearing it three seasons after, and more than five, you are pathetic and re living past glories due to your team not having anything recent to celebrate.
Same with Army. They haven't been a national power since the 1950s...

Old 08-11-2019, 07:50 PM

2,550 posts, read 3,461,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post

My view on championship merchandise, it's fine to wear as long as here players who contributed on the field to that championship run. Once the last of those players are gone then it's time to put them away. Or just wear around the house when doing yard work or something.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

8,469 posts, read 2,511,175 times
Anything before August 1, 1981, doesn't count.

Old Today, 09:05 AM
Status: "Put the Wet Stuff on the Red stuff" (set 27 days ago)

1,552 posts, read 505,104 times
OP When the advertising revenue spend does not get the results they ‘invested’ in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or