U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 09:49 AM

386 posts, read 175,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I would consider myself a die hard football fan. I don't really have a specific college team I root for, if anything I pull for UGA and Syracuse (born/raised in GA, now live in upstate NY). I just like to watch all the good match ups. Honestly I prefer the NFL, mainly because I am a huge Bills fan plus I really enjoy Fantasy Football.
Go 'Dawgs.

Syracuse looks like it could be poised for another strong year, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 01:11 PM

1,300 posts, read 850,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Go 'Dawgs.

Syracuse looks like it could be poised for another strong year, what do you think?
Man I hope so! I like what Dino Babers has done with the program. It was so nice to see them string together a nice season and get a bowl win against WVU. The preseason ACC media poll has Syracuse predicted to finish 2nd in the Atlantic Division behind Clemson so that's exciting. Glad they play them early to get the L out of the way haha!

Old 08-01-2019, 01:30 PM

72,422 posts, read 84,215,347 times
Have a 1/2 dozen favorite college football teams and if I can't get on TV (which often we can't) the first think we do on Sunday morning is check how they did the day or night before. Even when it isn't a favorite team w do spend almost every Sat glued to the TV. As for pros, almost as bad but not quite.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:03 PM

4,933 posts, read 4,009,003 times
I usually cannot get my Alma Mater on TV here, but if I'm in the mood to watch college football I'll watch whatever's on I often will watch the week night games even if it's colleges before which I have never heard of. If I had a chance to go to any game in person I would. I just love watching the game I don't have clear-cut favorites although there's a few teams I really do not like....

Not sure if that makes me a Die Hard fan or casual fan but I am definitely a fan of the game. I love football

Old 08-07-2019, 08:28 PM

2,557 posts, read 3,462,410 times
Definite diehard fan here...I will watch every OSU game...every game that PSU and UM play being that they are our 2 rivals...and then as many games involving Top 25 teams as possible around it. I start with College Gameday at 10 AM and go until midnight or 1 AM. I only break to go grill our gameday food and to take my dog on a walk. Sometimes my friends and I will go to a good sports bar for part of the game watching...especially when multiple great games are on at the same time.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:25 PM

56 posts, read 16,625 times
Die hard fan here, Boomer Sooner!!!

Old 08-12-2019, 06:56 AM

19,055 posts, read 9,826,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaldude12 View Post
I'd say I am a hardcore fan. I'll watch (almost) any game. I don't watch many of the "lesser " games , but who does?

I usually watch it all day every Saturday. From 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM , I'll be watching football. I love Saturdays. Can't wait for the season to return
I'm a huge CFB fan. I want to watch my team play and I might even watch another game every Saturday...I pencil the time in and inform the wife to block me out of any of her social or work project plans at these times.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:01 PM

1,078 posts, read 424,843 times
Die-hard Auburn fan. I was fortunate to be at Auburn during the Charles Barkley, Bo Jackson and Lionel "Little Train" James days. I bicycle on Saturday mornings - hard - and relax in front of the TV for the rest of the day. The priority is Auburn but I'll watch other SEC games of interest. I pull for Bama except when they play Auburn and I'll pull for all SEC teams when they're playing outside of the conference.

I love college football! Heck, I've even got a couple of watches (Heuer and IWC) with a little orange and blue on the dials.

Once we're both retired, we have 10 acres of land in a wide spot of the road known as Oak Bowery AL. It's literally 15 min from Toomer's Corner in Auburn! Mind you, I'm not trying to relive my college days - those pretty much sucked from an academic and monetary existence but Auburn-Opelika is a highly rated area to live and we were lucky to buy land there earlier this year.

Will I attend Saturday football games? I'll never say "no" but I prefer the comfort of home. It's more likely that we'll have old friends who attend the games stay over after the game. That'll be fun - rekindling old friendships. My guess is that we'll likely attend other sporting events ie. basketball, baseball, even women's softball and soccer.

I hope to make the big move in less than 5 years but... man plans, God laughs.

War Eagle and I hope your team does well this year also! Mark my words - Auburn's defense will be awesome!

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Status: "Put the Wet Stuff on the Red stuff" (set 28 days ago)

1,597 posts, read 509,441 times
I enjoy it but it does not run my life nor does it get any money out of my wallet to bet on any outcome.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

4,933 posts, read 4,009,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
I enjoy it but it does not run my life nor does it get any money out of my wallet to bet on any outcome.
Nor Mine, I never bet. But if I am awake on Sat Night or Thursday night, you can bet (don;t but you can) that I will be watching a college football game. I do not care if it is a division 4 game or a game between Michigan against the Illinois school for the Blind.......I just enjoy watching football. I guess that makes me a sort of true fan of the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or