U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 05:12 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,032,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You missed UVA vs Pitt, and Clemson vs G Tech (Thursday).

I'm surprised there are so many ACC games the first week.

Thanks for letting me know. I feel like Clemson's going to sandblast GT week one, and people that are not Clemson or GT fans will watch because it's the first ACC Network game, but other than that, this is getting out of hand quickly.

Virginia vs. Pittsburgh (Definite 50/50 game. Pitt's 5-1 against UVA since joining the ACC, and this matchup is a critical key in whether Virginia wins the Coastal or not. History hasn't really been on the Cavaliers' side in this, but i'll go with them beating Pitt on the road.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 05:44 PM

358 posts, read 136,117 times
Georgia has a great chance of winning the namtional championship even though they play in the SEC and play Notre Dame as well. Fromm is very underrated.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:38 PM

6,610 posts, read 4,570,918 times
I would've taken Florida and Arizona. I believe Arizona ended up losing anyways, so I'll count that, but I'll throw Florida out. No idea on the FCS games I probably won't find those scores until I'm tallying up my end of season results so we'll split the 2 home teams again: Villanova & Youngstown state. I'll get the week 1 later.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:32 AM

5,117 posts, read 6,924,990 times
Last Week (Week 0) I was fortunate enough to pick all winners. 4-0

Here is week 1

UCLA vs. Cincinnati // I have faith that Chip Kelly figures things out season 2
(16) Utah vs. BYU // slight edge Utah
(18) Wisconsin vs. USF // I don't see USF stopping the ground attack
UMass vs. Rutgers // no earthy idea what UMass has, but Rutgers is well overdue to be at least mediocre
Utah State vs. Wake Forest // Utah State has a new coach and is on the road
Purdue vs. Nevada // Perdue is so unpredictable
Ole Miss vs. Memphis // I see Ole Miss surprising some people
Toledo vs. Kentucky // Kentucky will not be as bad as some thing
James Madison vs. West Virginia // I have confidence in Neal Brown, no let down here
North Carolina vs. South Carolina // edge to SC
(14) Northwestern vs. (23) Stanford // Northwestern will be good, but this is a tricky game
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College // I will never pick VT
(20) Boise State vs. Florida State // This is exciting
Nicholls vs. Kansas State // If anyone is prepared to play FCS teams this season its KSU's new coach
SMU vs. Arkansas State // Home field advantage?
(22) Auburn vs. (10) Oregon // Auburn might be over hyped. Neutral site, edge to the speedy team
(25) Missouri vs. Wyoming // Should be windy but no contest
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh // Eat $#*% Pitt
(15) Fresno State vs. USC // if USC loses this game, you can guarantee that there will be a new ball coach next season. And his name will be Urban jk
Houston vs. (4) Oklahoma // Boomer Sooner!!!!! (from a EER fan)
(11) Notre Dame vs. Louisville // I'm rooting for the refs

Overall record 4-0

Old 08-28-2019, 04:39 PM

9,627 posts, read 7,295,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I feel like Clemson's going to sandblast GT week one, and people that are not Clemson or GT fans will watch because it's the first ACC Network game, but other than that, this is getting out of hand quickly.

I think you're likely right about the game itself.. But you never quite know.. There's oftentimes still kinks in the plans in week 1, which is why so many teams schedule cream puffs for the first game.

as for the ACC Network.. There's lots of news articles about it around here now (Upstate SC) because Charter (or Spectrum) hasn't given it to everyone. Apparently old Charter customers get it, but old Time Warner customers have to call to get it added, which makes me think it's on an extra-charge tier.

I have it on YouTube TV.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:23 PM

6,610 posts, read 4,570,918 times
2-1 in week negative 1:

UCLA vs. Cincinnati. Year 2 for Chip Kelley starts off a lot better than year 1 did.
(16) Utah vs. BYU. One of the underrated rivalries in football, the Holy War is a must see, I don't care what the teams records are, where they are playing, or what time it starts, this is almost guaranteed to still be on the line on the last play of the game.
(18) Wisconsin vs. USF. I'll take Wisconsin.
UMass vs. Rutgers. Woof! I think watching grass grow would be more fun.
Utah State vs. Wake Forest. Pure guess.
Purdue vs. Nevada. Long trek for Purdue from West Lafayette out to Reno, NV. Wolfpack steal one late.
Ole Miss vs. Memphis. At home, Memphis beats them this year.
Toledo vs. Kentucky. UK should win.
James Madison vs. West Virginia. Did James Madison make the jump from FCS to FBS this year??
North Carolina vs. South Carolina. South over the North.
(14) Northwestern vs. (23) Stanford. I look for Stamford to have a much better year.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College. I'll take the Beagles in Chestnut Hill by a field goal.
(20) Boise State vs. Florida State. Broncos knock off another P5 team
Nicholls vs. Kansas State. Can't possibly lose at home again to an FCS team can they??
SMU vs. Arkansas State. No idea.
(22) Auburn vs. (10) Oregon. This is gonna be one of those games where I'm watching the ESPN ticker, see Auburn go down early, come back to take a halftime lead, trail after 3, and than come down to win on the final drive and I'll be so happy because I thought I picked Auburn only to realize I picked Oregon instead. It's guaranteed to happen at least once a year and usually more
(25) Missouri vs. Wyoming. Post Drew Locke, Mizzou should do just enough
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh. There's a ton of games to play with a bunch of mediocre teams, but this could go a long way in determining if either one of these teams play in the ACC title game.
(15) Fresno State vs. USC. I don't think Fresno has as good of a time in LA this time around as they did last year
Houston vs. (4) Oklahoma. Nice matchup, but this is about 4 years too late in the making.
(11) Notre Dame vs. Louisville. Time for another season of overrated Irish football.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:58 AM

9,627 posts, read 7,295,294 times
Clemson did not look good. I'm not overly concerned, it was week 1.. But it's a good thing GT isn't very good.

Offense was back and forth. I mean, that looked like rust. Lawrence made a bad read on the first pick and just a bad decision to throw the ball while running on the second one. Etienne putting the ball down, then coming back by busting off a 90 yard run.. I'm less concerned about those things.. As they get back into the routine I think that clears up.

The defense was a mixed bag. The goalline stands were really good, but they were just loading up the box.. They won't be able to do that against other teams. And the missed tackles are very concerning. I saw multiple times where it was the second or third person to touch a ball carrier was the one who brought them down. Pretty sure that's going to be a focus in practice for the next week.

Kellen Mond gave them fits last year. But, he also got very, very lucky with alot of his throws.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:19 AM

4,961 posts, read 4,024,093 times
UCLA vs. Cincinnati // I think they already played
(16) Utah vs. BYU // BY Who?
18) Wisconsin vs. USF // They were on last night
UMass vs. Rutgers // Never pick UMess against a bigger school
Utah State vs. Wake Forest //
Purdue vs. Nevada //
================================================== ====
OLE MISS vs. Memphis // Hard to pick I have been told that Memphis will be better than predicted, but against Ole Miss, another top ten offense, I will give this one to the Rebels

Toledo vs. KENTUCKY // It has been a long season for the Mud Hens

James Madison vs. WEST VIRGINIA //

North Carolina vs. South Carolina // Yes....edge to SC

(14) Northwestern vs. (23) STAN FORD // this is a tricky game

Virginia Tech vs. Boston College // I will never pick VT Although I love the green mountains of Vermont, yeah, Bastuh Callidge

(20) Boise State vs. FLORIDA STATE // This is exciting and it is in Tallahassee

Nicholls vs. KANSAS STATE // If anyone is prepared to play FCS teams this season its KSU's new coach

SMU vs. ARKANSAS STATE // Home field advantage? I hope they both lose

(22) Auburn vs. (10) OREGON // The Ducks at home quack quack
(25) MMISSOURI vs. Wyoming // Should be windy but no contest
Virginia vs. PITT //

(15) FRESNO STATE vs. USC // i

Houston vs. (4) OKLAHOMA // Boomer Sooner!!!!! And two top ten QBs matching up

(11) NOTRE DAMmit vs. Louisville //

SOrry I missed picking last nights games. I hope both teams had fun and no one got hurt.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:08 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,012,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
UCLA vs. Cincinnati // I think they already played
(16) Utah vs. BYU // BY Who?
18) Wisconsin vs. USF // They were on last night
UMass vs. Rutgers // Never pick UMess against a bigger school
Utah State vs. Wake Forest //
Purdue vs. Nevada //
================================================== ====
OLE MISS vs. Memphis // Hard to pick I have been told that Memphis will be better than predicted, but against Ole Miss, another top ten offense, I will give this one to the Rebels

Toledo vs. KENTUCKY // It has been a long season for the Mud Hens

James Madison vs. WEST VIRGINIA //

North Carolina vs. South Carolina // Yes....edge to SC

(14) Northwestern vs. (23) STAN FORD // this is a tricky game

Virginia Tech vs. Boston College // I will never pick VT Although I love the green mountains of Vermont, yeah, Bastuh Callidge

(20) Boise State vs. FLORIDA STATE // This is exciting and it is in Tallahassee

Nicholls vs. KANSAS STATE // If anyone is prepared to play FCS teams this season its KSU's new coach

SMU vs. ARKANSAS STATE // Home field advantage? I hope they both lose

(22) Auburn vs. (10) OREGON // The Ducks at home quack quack
(25) MMISSOURI vs. Wyoming // Should be windy but no contest
Virginia vs. PITT //

(15) FRESNO STATE vs. USC // i

Houston vs. (4) OKLAHOMA // Boomer Sooner!!!!! And two top ten QBs matching up

(11) NOTRE DAMmit vs. Louisville //

SOrry I missed picking last nights games. I hope both teams had fun and no one got hurt.
Cat, why will you never pick Va Tech ?..

Old 08-31-2019, 02:15 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,032,817 times
Florida State blows a 31-13 lead to Boise State and loses in Tallahassee...

Friendly reminder that if FSU wants to pull the plug on Taggart this year, they would owe him a $17 million buyout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or