U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 08:03 PM

35 posts, read 7,271 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I'm very excited for football season (Roll Tide!). Which one of you guys are also excited for the upcoming season? I can't wait to see Tua play on the field and win the Heisman and have redemption from Clemson of the 44-16 loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 08:16 PM

2,599 posts, read 3,473,691 times
I'm super excited to see how Ryan Day does leading our program at Ohio State now. He's proving that he can recruit every bit as well as Tressel and Meyer...and it was his offense last year that became so explosive.
I don't see my Buckeyes giving up the Big Ten championship this year at all (I laugh at the pundits that say this is Michigan's year...I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that game last season and see that OSU was more talented across the field then they were, and they lost a good class). Hopefully we can get back to the playoffs (should of been in them last year over Oklahoma) and contend.
I love a lot of sports but College Football is still by far my favorite.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:17 PM

389 posts, read 179,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I'm super excited to see how Ryan Day does leading our program at Ohio State now. He's proving that he can recruit every bit as well as Tressel and Meyer...and it was his offense last year that became so explosive.
I don't see my Buckeyes giving up the Big Ten championship this year at all (I laugh at the pundits that say this is Michigan's year...I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that game last season and see that OSU was more talented across the field then they were, and they lost a good class). Hopefully we can get back to the playoffs (should of been in them last year over Oklahoma) and contend.
I love a lot of sports but College Football is still by far my favorite.
The B1G is Ohio State's until proven otherwise. As long as they take care of business they will be in the running for sure.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:31 PM

4,946 posts, read 4,018,696 times
My Alma Mater play's in the Conference USA. Now I do not get to see them often.
They way football is covered, Alabama gets about 40 percent of all press coverage, the Sec in general about 30 percent.BIG PC20 ACC aND BIG 15 GET ABOUTB29 PERCENT, WHIXH LEAVES 1 PER CENT BY FOR ALL REMAI ING CONFERENCES.

Recruiting for my team in the Cuss is hard too.In Texas, the best players that do not leave for SEC or Miami go to Oklahoma or Texas. They get the best players. The players they do not want end up at A&M, Tech, TCU. Etc. The also-rans, the 60 and 70 grade players end up in the C USA AND disappear from the collegiate news sports show

FOR my taste, I like to watch my team. But I am happy to watch any game that does not involve Gary Danielson talking.
I will watch any game anytime because I prefer the game over the team.

I do not endorse the all or nothing mentality of following only the top tier schools. I have seen as many 2a games that were just as good as any Alabama game. If the chaneel is showing a MAC game, then that is what I Watch
And above all else I will enjoy it.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:21 PM

7,317 posts, read 8,297,387 times
I will repeat what I said in the thread that SouthernTiger started. I hope every team loses every game, especially Alabama

Old 08-12-2019, 11:54 AM

82 posts, read 15,192 times
I hope 2019 is better than 2018. 2018 seemed to lack all the things that make college football great.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:07 AM

8,502 posts, read 2,536,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaquon.raww View Post
Hey all,

I'm very excited for football season (Roll Tide!). Which one of you guys are also excited for the upcoming season? I can't wait to see Tua play on the field and win the Heisman and have redemption from Clemson of the 44-16 loss.
I'd rather savor the victory a bit longer.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 436,579 times
I'm excited to see if Bo knows football, again.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM

4,228 posts, read 1,194,469 times
I'm pretty excited to watch Oregon play. They are the cream of the crop in the Pac12 and playing Auburn right out of the gate will prove if they are real. Justin Herbert (6' 6") is a stud at quarterback and has some excellent receivers to throw to including his brother at tight end. Their running game should be solid as usual and the O line has some preseason All Americans. Should be fun to watch!

Old 08-23-2019, 09:14 AM

8,273 posts, read 4,203,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I'm pretty excited to watch Oregon play. They are the cream of the crop in the Pac12
That seems hard to say at this point given their record last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or